Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 Sending messages with picture ...

Lexileus

Nokia Lumia 710 Sending messages with picture attachments

Hello everyone, i recently bought a Lumia 710 phone, i tried to send a message with a picture attachment but i keep getting an error message saying that the message couldn't be sent and to try again, i keep trying but it just won't work. I can't receive messages with attachment too.

Please help, thank you !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 Sending messages with picture attachments

Hi Lexileus,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussion Boards and thanks for posting.

On first startup Internet and MMS settings are read from the SIM if available. If not the Internet settings can be added manually in 'Settings>mobile network>add apn'.

MMS can only be set afterwards using the 'Network Setup' app which can be found in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace. Start the app and select your local carrier to setup Internet and MMS settings or you can manually enter settings for either or both.

Let me know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tamtam1981

Hi I am having the same problem and tryed the network sutup app. was no good. tryed calling o2 there have no setup information. and a man on nokia help chat said this is not enabled and is waiting on an update. is this the case?

very disapointed something as simple as mms is so hard to sort. would love some help with this.

Thanks
Thomas

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi tamtam1981,

Welcome to the Nokia Discussion Board and thanks for posting.

The Network Setup app has had the O2 network settings from the first version. I am assuming you are on O2 and not on some operator who is using the O2 network like Tesco Mobile or giffgaff.

In the most recent version of Network Setup these are available as preset and so you should not need any special settings, just select the network you use.

Let me know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Levenax

I tried to get MMS setting for my 710 from the Virgin Mobile web site but it said that "Unfortunately your phone does not support Picture Messaging".  Surely that can't be true?   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shibbytude

Hi!

I have a Nokia 800 Lumia on 02 and I couldnt send or recieve MMS messages either, i had a look around the net and it seems it was a popular problem on the Lumia handset which was a shame, but the helpful solution was that in the network setup app I had 4 choices of operator:

02 - UK Prepaid

02 - UK

TESCO

giffgaff (no idea what that is)

I tried the 02 - UK Prepaid settings and still no joy, but tried the 02-UK settings and then the MMS worked.

Anyone know what the difference between the two is? as mine was defaulted to the 02-UK Prepaid one, so didnt want to leave it on 02-UK just incase it was wrong, even though it worked with MMS?!?! is very confusing.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

O2 UK Prepaid = O2 UK Pay As You Go

O2 UK = O2 UK contract

Tesco = MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) using the O2 network

giffgaff = MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) using the O2 network

A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) is a mobile phone operator that provides services directly to their own customers but does not own key network assets such as a licensed frequency allocation of radio spectrum and the cell tower infrastructure.[1] Instead these assets are leased from a mobile network operator in the region where the MVNO operates.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shibbytude

Thanks for the info 93tid, Looks like my lumia defaulted to the wrong settings then, ill change it too the 02 UK one now, just thought id best ask incase it was wrong!

Funny never heard of giffgaff and then saw an advert for it today on TV! weird.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oldster

Aargh -feel like throwing phone out of the window. I  bought 2 X 710's  for self and husband. From TESCO on pay monthly contract. One has no issues with sending and receiving picture messages,the other won't do either. Settings look identical on both. Have looked in Network setup but doesn't seem to be anything to select or pick from - or anywhere to manually enter.

What is an APN and where would I find the information necessary?  would putting something in here help?

Is it a TESCO issue?  Have not been back to see if they will help.

Any suggestions welcome. I maybe am a bit old for new technology!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chocks63

Make sure your data is switched on, otherwise mms will not work.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leucarum

Mine does this often cannot send or recieve pictures along with no data connection even with 4 bars of signal,poor phone really.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kate11

my lumia 710 will send picture messages when i set the network wrong anf then right again in the network setup app, then turn my phone off and on again. but i have to do this every time i want to send a picture! this is a pain, is there an answer??

Please use plain text.
Dunc1980

**Issue Fixed** ...GOT MY 710 TO SEND MMS !! :Cool:

Bought a new 710 a week ago - it would not send MMS.

I'm with Virgin Media, in the Uk. Had all the issues with "cant send" - "try again" etc. Contacted VM who after a bit of mutual head-scratching, came up with a very simple solution. ..Send a MMS TO the phone you are sending it FROM. This will update the internal issues with the network and allow you to send MMS to anyone! It certainly did with VM anyhow. Result :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

I just bought Lumia 610 phones for me and husband from Virgin.  I've manually put in all the settings suggested elsewhere on this site, tried to send an mms to myself.  Nothing works.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

@nhow 

Have you tried downloading Network Setup on Marketplace? This application will help you get the settings from your network provider. I have tried searching for MMS settings from Virgin Mobile, and I have found this on their community.

Hope this helps!:smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kwameA

does it matter if your with fido but phone was unlocked from rogers?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kwameA

hey buddy, your advice worked on my phone! thanks man.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChickenJones

Losing hope with this one BUT I found This worked for me (sending a MMS to myself) ~ but only after I'd changed the Network App to something different: "O2-UK"... (not UK Prepaid)... THEN switched off the phone and switched it back on again...

THEN sent MMS photo to myself.

After that all MMS worked.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
ClareMcD

I am with Manx Telecom and I have followed their instructions as to how to download the MMS and Internet settings. A friend is trying to send me a photo and in the messages it is telling me to get media content, I have clicked the link it waits a couple of seconds saying getting media content and then it bings a couple of times and goes back to the get media content message again.

I am at my wits end I know I must be doing something stupid. I have my data on and I have also put my roaming on on my data connection too to see if that helps

Can someone help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sherbear

I just figured if out today. Go to your messages then settings. Then turn off the send mms acknowledgements. And it will send. I hope this will help.
Please use plain text.