Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 710 cannot charge

DarkLord70
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 710 cannot charge

Hi all. My phone recently could not charge suddenly. earlier today, it still could charge. i tried plugging in to a pc/charge using the provided charger but but to no avail. Please help me

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 cannot charge

Did you try the default charger? Also try rebooting your phone by pressing and holding the power button for around 10 seconds until the phone vibrates. 

Please use plain text.
DarkLord70

i tried but nothing still happened. i used the defult charger

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi DarkLord70,

Welcome to the Forum.

I would advise you to visit your local Nokia care to get the phone checked.  If it needs a repair, it may be done there.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Did you use the same cable for both pc and default charger? Do you have another cable you could try? Other than that the next thing to try is to backup your data and reset the phone. If that doesn't work then it is probably a hardware problem, probably with the usb socket. 

Please use plain text.
denmuk

Hi , i have a nokia lmia 710. my battery drained out when i used my GPS (nokia maps) when driving, did not have car charger so i attempted to connect via usb to make use a modulator to charge it but i guess it didnt have enough power.

Phone switched off, since then when i plugged in the phone to a proper wall charger, it would have a long dash vibrate then a brief one and loop contiuuosly in that cycle, the screen woud not even go on., tried exchanging battery with a mate with same model but nothing, it wouldnt boot up.

Tried plugging it onto my pc over night and it  still wont exit that loop or power on. when trying to power on off the charger, it enters into that loop again. Tried the hard reset, removing the battery ( and powering it on without battery but while plugged in to USB) it just loops once.

help anybody ( also tried a samsung and blackberry charger overnight but didnt work)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
QuiksilverTyla

Hi,

I've had this exact same problem, and have read in some forums that Nokia do not cover this in the warranty, which I think is completely unacceptable as it is not a unique case! I plan on taking my phone to the Nokia care shop tomorrow and seeing what they can do about it. If they can't fix it, I'll never use Nokia again, which is a complete shame as I've had no other problems with it before, and have reccommended the Lumia range to a lot of people!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crashoveride

i have just had the same problem taking the phone into the supplier today will keep you posted .

note that i only have the phone for a few months now i am really dissappointed as i am a nokia fan.

i hope that they will cover the cost aswell as it is basically new.......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
crashoveride

i really hope that they will cover it . i would understand if it was older than a year but not a few months
Please use plain text.