Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 710 won't hard reset

Contributor
candilion34
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 710 won't hard reset

Ive had my Nokia Lumia 710 for about a year or so now. I've never had any problems with it that weren't easily solved by a quick reboot, but a week ago my phone started freezing its screen and being glitchy..I ignored this after i fixed it by rebooting it a couple of times by taking the battery out, but soon after it turned off completely and wouldn't turn back on. I plugged it into the charger thinking the battery might have died because it was showing the "goodbye" screen before it would turn off. After plugging it into the charger, it would restart normally, showing the battery charging symbol which usually stays there for about 5 minutes until the lock screen comes on. Unfortunately, instead of the lock screen coming up after this period of time, the phone would vibrate and then begin charging again. It would continue to charge, vibrate, and start charging again to no end. I kept the charger in for a whole night and nothing helped. I tried keeping the battery out for a couple of days and putting it back in but this didnt help either. Its been a week now that its been doing this and I decided to order a new battery, thinking it might have lost its power. Sure enough, I tested it out with the new battery in the charger since it wont turn on without it, and nothing has chnaged besides that now all it does is go through a cycle of screen illuminations and vibrations, over and over again until i plug it out of the charger and it dies completely. I tried doing a hard reset on it and this didnt work EITHER! I'm completely lost..How do I get it to turn back on? Im willing to try any type of reset as long as it will turn the phone on. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 won't hard reset

[ Edited ]

Have you tried starting with sim out? Was the hard reset you tried as follows?

With phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down + Power + Camera buttons at the same time. When the phone vibrates release the Power button but keep the Camera and Volume Down buttons held for a further five seconds.

If the above reset did not start the phon then I would suggest having it looked at by your local Nokia Care Point. You can locate your nearest care point using the link below.

www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Contributor
candilion34

Yes I took the sim out before the hard reset because I was worried it would delete my contact information from it if I kept it in there.
That was the hard reset I did. I watched a video of it being done and the phone only took about 5-10 seconds for it to restart, whereas mine didn't respond to it at all. I thought maybe I wasn't holding it for long enough but this wasn't the case.
If there really is nothing else I can do I will get it replaced, I'm just worried and hesitant about sending my phone with all of my photos and things on it to the manufacturer.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Should be fine if you send it to an authorised care point. They will probably hard reset or flash it which should wipe the phone anyway.

It is never a good idea to keep anything confidential or important on any phone because you never know when it may be stolen, dropped, lost, left behind etc. I find the Skydrive on Lumias the ideal tool for storing information securely while still have it readily accesible from the phone.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
candilion34

I'll probably start using the Skydrive when I get the phone fixed in that case!
I'll call support and if nothing can be done then I'll send it in.
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dublindeeds

this "reply " is of zero use! I 'm looking for information a bit more helpfull than take it to a dealer!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
soum_d8

I have a different problem. After i updated the phone to windows 7.8, the lock screen is automatically getting activated. Even with the slightest touch on the "power" button screen getting locked. Within 1-2 seconds the screen is further asking to switch off the phone. Its too problematic. Goodbye screen wud come and it would restart automatically.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonhainguyen

i have the same problem as op. i did not use this phone for awhile (back up phone). I charge it up and it keep on cycle between charging icon - screen goes out - vibrate - charging icon - ....

i did try reset with hold down 3 buttons (camera, vol down, power) vibrate and release power only. but it still not working.

:smileysad: help please

Please use plain text.