Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 710

Registered Member
kimichi
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 710

I bought my phone and I saw this square thing to the far left on top. I asked the person who sold me the phone if it was a front-facing camera. He said it was a message notification light, sort of like what the blackberies have. So far I don't see it notifying me whenever I receive a text message.  What is it then if it seems to do nothing? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pvrveyor

The sales person is wrong. It's the bightness sensor. It dosen't light up..... unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
south01

Ah so its not the secondary camera? Does the 800 have a front camera? I brought 710 and am pretty satisfied just wondering.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

south01 wrote:
Ah so its not the secondary camera? Does the 800 have a front camera?

No, it doesn't.

Please use plain text.
Maz79

Is there a notification light for the Lumia 710?If not, is there any updates/apps likely to be created for this?

I know it seems a small issue but it is so handy to have the notification light  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hitesh_panchal

i have bought nokia lumia 710. so disgusting phone. no facility to activate internet in pc via mobile. no connectivity via bluetooth. no usage like storage devise.

Third Class Phone....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

hitesh_panchal wrote:

i have bought nokia lumia 710. so disgusting phone. no facility to activate internet in pc via mobile. no connectivity via bluetooth. no usage like storage devise.

Did you not check the phone's specification before buying ? None of the above is a secret and particularly the second and third of your complaints are very well-known restrictions of the WP platform in general. You have only yourself to blame for buying a phone which does not meet your requirements, since there are plenty of others which do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dheeraj_93

exactly.. check d limitations and the buy the product mate
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meon4

You said you have a lumia 710 and you like it? it works? I am on replacement number three waiting for replacement number 4 and this is less than 2 months. I purchased this a full retail price and am being told that I must accept a refurbished replacement! 

Has anyone out there experienced the same issues: my speaker phone never works, it drops calls constantly even when I have full bars, the apps rarely work , I could go on......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meon4

I am so glad there is someone else out there with similar issues, this is a disgusting phone. I am on replacement number 3 waiting on replacement number 4. All with the same issues!! Just got intouch with Nokia to let them know this is junk!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meon4

not all of us are phone/computer geeks. I have had my blue tooth work but other issues not related to the pc connection or whatever that is. do not use it for any file storage, just would like it to work and function as it should
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
s__murugan

i'm using nokia lumia i cannot  share my photo on bluetooth. there is no Xbox free stuffs, in android there is lots and lots gams and apps. there is a alternate way to install apps but in windows phone "s(you)ks" market place

Please use plain text.