Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 720 sudden death

rudric

Re: Nokia Lumia 720 sudden death

I bpughty lumia 720 on 4th May and after that it restrted two times and then it works fine. But I don't understand why is it happening. Nokia should solve this problem immediately. I love this phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
skywalkerlim

I have the same problem as well. This phone is nice. I like it. However, it will need to restart 2 to 3 times a day. Sometimes, it will vibrate & change the interface to Search Page without a reason. I call on Nokia to solve this problem  immediately

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abhijeetojha

I don't know who you are.... BUT YOU HAVE DONE MAGIC SEATING OVER THERE... I worked wonder for my 720..... You are like Champion for me.... Thank God... Matie.. God Bless You :smileyhappy:

But this is not good.. What Can I do so that I will not happen again.. My phone only goes dead ''when my phone battery is almost nil.. and then only your words of suggestion worked.. nothing else, Please advise.

Please use plain text.
dsanyal

(Note: I've already posted my issue here. Just wanted to post here as well because this thread seems more relevant and is under a different topic.)

I've been facing the same issues as above. My hardly 2 weeks old lumia 720 has crashed *5-6* times now and I have to the "volume down+ power" hold everytime. What is the use of a phone which randomly crashes and I don't even know about it? Also, there's no pattern to the crashes- it happened  during times of low & high battery as well as when I wasn't even using it(i.e no multitasking). By the looks of it, this is a common problem.

I would like to get my money back. Very dissapointed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alexGhoro

Omg really thx, just happened to my right now, but is back up by doing this, i have like 3 days with my 720 and i love it, i hope this ins't a hardware.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dino1

The list is growing, i just faced the same problem here, with no reason, Wifi enabled.

It recovers right after i plug in the charger cable (without turning on the power, just plug in the cable). This is really weird, i couldnt expect my beautiful 720 behaves that way, i suppose is ESD sensitivty issue. Other than this issues (and no Nokia Music in my country), i am happy to own this phone :-(

Nokia, please fix it ..... thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
imnotatit

Me to facing problems
like it restarts automatically
if i increase the volume it does not increases nor decreases then i have to restart again
i have purchased it 4 days ago
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rama2chandar

RESTART AND SUDDEN DEATH PROBLEM IN NOKIA LUMIA 720

hi ppl check out this link for restart problems in lumia 720.....it is dead suddenly often....many users complain about it..........

kindly post about this problem so tat it can help others

Please use plain text.
hanish_cbit

I brought my Nokia Lumia 720 one month ago.It is dying randomly and I had to soft reset everytime.This is really frustating for such a amazing phone.

P.S:I am posting here hoping that Nokia will address this issue immediately solve this issue..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rama2chandar

nokia lumia 720 is restarting often and also sudden death....it is freezing often..;.wat is the solution for this ????????????????

not only me but many users saying the same.........

reply as soon as possible

wat is the cause of the problem ???

Please use plain text.
dsanyal

@  Does this qualify as many? It's disheartening to see that Nokia isn't even addressing the issue.
My 720 has crashed twice this week, despite having formatted my memory card.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhishekmittal

Bought lumia 720 couple of days ago... expriencd same problem... however, holding volume down button and power button worked. should i consider getting the handset replaced or do i look for some other phone if this is the problem with all lumia 720s?

Please use plain text.
Ani720

My Nokia Lumia 720 dies today too after 20 days of its purchase. It is unfortunate. I could restart it after vol down + power as instructed. Thank you guys. But I now regret my purchase.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skaruca

Same problem here NOKIA.

Brandnew phone, 3 days old, went dead twice - just like that. Soft reboot helped but everytime had to reset date & time along with sync-problems.

Please use plain text.
nakulwaghe

Not working for my Lumia 720....I tried Volume doen + Power Key..........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sevens7

What leads to this sudden death?  Recently i bought nokia lumia 720 and I faced the sudden death problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vivek1303

Great Dude..!!!

You are a life-saver

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arnabbiswas1

I bought Lumia 720 one and half months back. It was restarting now and then. I approached the vendor and they replaced the phone. But even with the new 720, the problem is still there. Yesterday the phone was hanging for an hour and then I had to do a soft reset to bring it back to life. I thought that will solve the issue. But, yestaerday night I noticed it got restarted again. Disappointing! Does nokia/microsoft has any official explanation for it?

Please use plain text.
coolozzy

I too got the same problem and nw the number is increased. wats ur take on that.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TeddyK

I bought my Nokia Lumia 720 a week ago.It is dying and nothing I can do. I brought it to Nokia Care, and they fix it by open the battery and plug it again. They said there is no solution yet for this, and I have to bring it to nokia care every time i have this problem again. This is really frustating for such a amazing phone.

Please use plain text.