Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 720

Advisor
btbivalkar

Nokia Lumia 720

I have just purchased Nokia Lumia 720 . Its good but some feature nokia should include in

1) Bluetooth - Here in bletooth settings there is no option to enter idendity of my phone ( Just like a phone name)

When other person searches my mobile by bluetooth it just displays WINDOWS PHONE - if within the area there are more than one such phones how the other person can identify my phone .

I can not synchronised my old contacts and messages from my old NOKIA E63 via bluetooth

2) Apps Storage - When I install apps there is no option where to install my my apps ie on phone memory or on SD card . Also ther is no option to move apps from phone internal memory to SD card.

3) Various Profiles - Just like old phone Silent , outdoor etc . There is no option to create new profile and to activate it instant via start screen

4) Page file like utility to boost performance , RAM upgrade option

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

1) You can set the bluetooth name if you connect the phone to a windows 7 or 8 PC using a USB cable.

2) Microsoft has yet to allow installation of apps on memory cards for reliability and security reasons.

3) Microsoft doesn't use profiles in it's OS.

4) Not sure what you mean there, never had any performance issues with Windows Phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Regarding 2)

If you have the 1308 update then with THIS application you can store the Maps Data on the SD Card ...

Edit: You can download the application thru' THIS link too ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
btbivalkar

Hi
Please refer to point 1in your post
I am using XP at Home .
Also please tell me in detail how can I set my mobile name using the PC

Bhushan
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I don't think it's possible in XP, due to the old age of that OS, but I may be wrong. You are probably better asking Microsoft.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
btbivalkar

How I can set bluetooth name using Windows 7 ? can you please tell me

Bhushan
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You can use the desktop app for windows 7 or better

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
btbivalkar

I can not synchronised my old contacts and messages from my old NOKIA E63 via bluetooth. 

Please guide me 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/New-function-in-Nokia-Suite-to-transfer-contacts-to-a-Lu...

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
newbietowindows

i already have an upgrade of higher version but still i dont c the maps option just shows apps and sd thats it pleas help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

newbietowindows wrote:

i already have an upgrade of higher version but still i dont c the maps option just shows apps and sd thats it pleas help

Hope you are using THIS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santhuu

[ Edited ]

Anyone tell me lumia720 is good or bad because am wored using lumia710. Now planed to change it to lumia720
Tell me major disadvantages of lumia720 pls
XXXXXXXXX@live.com

Moderator's Note: This post was edited the email address was removed. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

santhuu wrote:
Anyone tell me lumia720 is good or bad because am wored using lumia710. Now planed to change it to lumia720
Tell me major disadvantages of lumia720 pls

Asking a question like that on a support forum where people with problems visit is going to give you a biased view of the device.

I suggest you search google for Lumia 720 reviews and read those. As a 710 user you should also consider the 520, 620 and 820 too.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
paulig

btbivalkar wrote:

4) Page file like utility to boost performance , RAM upgrade option

That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum. :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sat1992

can u make the list of most popular games and important apps which wouldn't work on Lumia 720 but lumia 820 because of Lumia 720's smaller RAM?????

Please use plain text.