Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Status question mark after...

Contributor
OmniaJunkie
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Status question mark after firmware update

My Lumia 800 started to show question mark on battery icon after firmware update to ver. 1600.2479.7740.11451. Although the battery status was good for a few days after firmware update. Then one day it showed question mark instead od battery staus. Also Nokia diagnostic tool shows only zeros. Yesterday I have updated to newst firmware ver. 1600.2483.8106.11501still no luck. Question mark is still there. How ever now i notice also that the phone won't charge to 100% but it stops at 88%, eaven if I let it charge for a whole day. Very dissapointed with Nokia. Does anyone have the same problems.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Status question mark after firmware update

@OmniaJunkie

Know some users have tried "hard resetting" device with resultant loss of all data, but I like the temperature reading of "Absolute zero" in °C!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joeka

@OmniaJunkie

Yep, same problem that I had - updated to the 7740.  All fine for a few days then suddenly battery started to show a question mark together with all the same issues you've been having.

Others appear to be having this problem too: /t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/New-Update-Battery-still-shows/td-p/1277447

I contacted Nokia originally about the problem, they suggested hard-resetting and waiting for 8106 update, both of which I did, but had no joy...  Have since sent my device to Nokia for "repair"!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
OmniaJunkie

@

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitin800

Hi Nokia,

I have upgraded to the latest version (  1600.2483.8106.11500 ), and my battery is STILL messed up.

I get a question mark on hte battery, and when i go to the diagnostics screen and then battery status. every value is just 0.

argghhhhhh.... Please help, i was told that the new update was meant to fix all the battery problems. but is has does nothing for me.....

my old version before upgrade was:  1600.2479.7740.11451

My NEW version after upgrade is:  1600.2483.8106.11500

The upgrade worked for me just fine, i.e. there was no issues during upgrade.  the upgrade took about 27 minutes.

And yes i am using the original charger that was supplied with the phone. and yes i have restarted the phone and all the other stuff that I have been asked to do.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotless

yes, same problem here. so annoyed.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
EoAssassin

Exact same issue. I have given my phone to a Nokia Care...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotless

I think I will be doing exactly the same..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitin800

Hi,

Does anyone know whether nokia actually monitor this forum.

I have posted issues that I am having with my new nokia lumia 800 phone and nokia have not  replied to any of my posts.

Just to re-iterate to nokia.

I am still having battery issues even after the 11500 update (Question mark on battery issue)

Nokia, it would be really great if you can give us an update on this issue. or even just let us know if you are awake of this issue or not

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

I’ve just been informed my Lumia 800 has been repaired (the dreaded question mark issue).

I’m going to pick up the device today and will let you all know how it works and what the battery life is compared to my year old HTC Trophy

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

I’ve picked up my Lumia 800. They simply replaced the device. Great to have a new one, but why it had to take more than 2 weeks I’m not sure.

Battery status says Full Charge Capacity: 1459. Temperature: 26,45 degrees Celsius, flags 317.

Revision firmware: 1600.2483.8107.11501

Revision hardware: 112.1402.2.4

Software radio: 1.6.0.0.24

Bootloader: 7.35.0.0

Chip SOC: 0.74.2.1

Seems to be working great now!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
4ndyJacko

I have the same problem...but my firmware says it is version 7.10 (8107)...

Is this ever going to be fixed?

I would reset my phone to factory settings but I am part of the Nokia Amazing Collective and wont be able to download the Amazing Collective App again if I do as the guy in the shop where I picked it up from installed it...

http://andyjacko.com
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

4ndyJacko wrote:

I have the same problem...but my firmware says it is version 7.10 (8107)...

Is this ever going to be fixed?

I would reset my phone to factory settings but I am part of the Nokia Amazing Collective and wont be able to download the Amazing Collective App again if I do as the guy in the shop where I picked it up from installed it...

Resetting it won't fix the battery icon issue, it needs to go to the Nokia care point.

You can get the amazing collective app back from your account section on the windows phone site. https://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/account

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

Yes, you should return the device. Mine had the same issues and Nokia replaced it (took them around 2 weeks).

I now have an excellent device. Even with wifi and 3G on, and syncing 3 mailboxes (realtime delivery). I’m getting 1,5 days of battery life with moderate to heavy use (browsing, playing a game, etc)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

Interesting 

Revision hardware: 112.1402.2.4 

Mine says 112.1402.2.3. I am wondering if 2.3 had the battery issue..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
OmniaJunkie

As stated in my first post I've took my Lumia to Nokia Care center in Italy.

Yesterday I went back to pick it up.

They have replaced some circuit and upgraded the firmware, although it was already the latest version (xxxx.501). The question mark is gone now.

However, they have scratched my phone completely. They have damaged the phone housing around USB port, right in the area where screws are located to dismount the phone. Also the display has few scratches which ware not there when I gave the phone to them. The phone is two months old and it was in perfect shape when I broth it to Nokia Care point. I am totally disappointed. I have returned the phone to Nokia Care immediately. I do not know what they are going to do now.  I am expecting a replacement.

This is definitely my last Nokia product ever.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
OmniaJunkie

Few days ago I've got a call from Nokia Care Point that my Lumia 800 is fixed, again. This time they replaced the phone with new one. I have to say that there were no problems regarding replacing my old phone (which was scratched during repair) with new one.

Ok, I am much more happy now. Till now my new Nokia works fine, so I am marking this post as solved.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
4ndyJacko

Yeah I spoke to a Care Point agent yesterday who told me to see if the new update fixed the problem, which it didnt...

So I am gonna send it back for repair :smileyhappy:

I got an email from them about TAC app so I can download it again too..
http://andyjacko.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
katts007

Even i have this issue even after the recent firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Just to save others who are wondering, the 12070 also doesn't fix the '?' issue.

And neither does a factory reset after the update! 8-(

Seems like this error indicator really can only be solved by a hardware exchange!
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.