Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800. Battery and start up problems

Tommee

Hi there,

I have been having quite a lot of problems with my nokia lumia 800.

Firstly: When the battery dies it takes a long time to get it charged back up. I have tried cycling the charger power between the laptop and power outlet. I have to play around with the power supply for a long time before the unit actually starts charging. And even then when it has just enough charge, it tries to start up but seems to run out of power half way through the start up and I end up back playing with the charging again.

It seems that there is no battery protection in the phone and the battery can completely discharge. Which would account for the problem with getting it to charge back up.

Secondly: Yesterday the phone went dead for no reason. It had about a quarter charge in the battery. I tried to turn it back on but nothing. I tried charging it and nothing.

Again after cycling the power many times between the power outlet and the laptop, I got some response. It vibrated and displayed the low battery screen. So I thought ok, it's charging. But no.

Once it has enough battery it tries to start up and then freezes on the provider logo and does not go any further. The screen stays like this. Illuminated and with the logo.

I have tried reseting the unit by holding the power button down for 10seconds and it vibrates and tries to start up again. But again freezes.

I have noticed that when I leave it charging, the unit gets quite warm. But no matter what I do the startup proceedure stops on the provider logo and no more.

I tried starting it with the charger connected and it just seems to be powering the screen because when I unplug it the unit goes dead again within a matter of minutes.

I am at a total loss as to what happened to my phone.

Can someone help please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

From the sound of it I think it needs a Nokia Care Point. Could be faulty battery or faulty charging.  You can locate your nearest care point using the link below

www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.