Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 - Javascript?

Contributor
VickyLeigh
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 800 - Javascript?

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - I'm new here..

But does anyone know how to enable Javascript on the Nokia Lumia 800?

I've downloaded a couple of apps that won't seem to run correctly without it. I'd tried things suggested for windows phones in general but they don't seem to have the same settings for IE.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Vicky x

Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Javascript?

I don't get your question. Where did you download the apps? If you download it from marketplaces then it should be ok. For the javascript do you mean the javascript installed in IE like the computer? At least in Java.com you can't find a way to download it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

You can only download and use apps from the windows phone marketplace. You can't try to use Java apps. (Also, Java is different from Javascript. Javascript IS enabled in IE on the the NL800).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Note, though, that some poorly coded web sites will redirect unknown browsers, or browsers that don't support a technology (such as Java or Flash) to an error page with a generic message to "enable JavaScript" (even if it is) or to "install Flash" (even if there is no Flash for the client device in question).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VickyLeigh

They are defintely marketplace apps I would never even have thought of downloading them somewhere else! I tried to use two different twitter apps, seesmic and tweet aster and both of them have had an error message saying JavaScript must be installed to use them. So as you can imagine I'm now rather confused!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@VickyLeigh

If you read the ratings for this application, it does seem to be giving issues:http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/bc081865-c2cc-df11-9eae-00237de2db9e

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VickyLeigh

Thanks for all the replies so far, I have since also tried Mehdoh and birdsong, but at the moment the only thing that seems to work ok is the official twitter app which is a little confusing not to mention disappointing..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

VickyLeigh wrote:
Thanks for all the replies so far, I have since also tried Mehdoh 

Just surprised as reaction to Mehdoh seems quite favourable.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VickyLeigh

aspergerguy wrote:

VickyLeigh wrote:
Thanks for all the replies so far, I have since also tried Mehdoh 

Just surprised as reaction to Mehdoh seems quite favourable.

I know, I downloaded it because I'd heard good things... Seems nothing at all wants to work except the official twitter app. I'm finding it all really strange! I've made sure my phone has the latest update and am at a complete loss now :/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

This is very strange indeed and should not be happening. It's the support response everyone hates but you may well need to do a reset of your phone to solve it.

All those top apps should work fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VickyLeigh

They all seem to work now apart from the seesmic app which seems to be problematic. Not sure how or why as I haven't done anything to the phone.. Christmas illness perhaps.haha. Anyway thanks for everyone's suggestions etc x
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stepchoo

Websites using Java

Hi,

Would you know if NL800 supports Java?

I think I came across some website demanding it, but it seems not possible to install Java from Java.com.

Any help?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Websites using Java

No Windows Phone 7.* based model by any manufacurer, including Nokia's Lumia models, support Java in any form or shape, nor are there any user-installable versions.

Please use plain text.
LeoVan

Re: Websites using Java

Hi All,

I've got Longitude for WP7 from the Market. When I run this app, it request enable javascript in browser. How to solve this problem? Thanks

Please use plain text.