Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery li...

Sage
matthewleech

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

Is it normal to have the Full Charge Capacity = 1512 mAh but after an full charge with flight mode enabled the Remaining Charge Capacity = 1296 mAh?  The charge had only just finished, i.e. Current changed from Charging to Discharging.

Please use plain text.
wiglaf

Same doubt here. See my attached screencapture:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Dear Nokia,

Why you are always very speed in fixing problems????You said next update is for solving battery capacity issue..Did u see the complete problem.Three major problems which needs to be looked into.....Heavy charge lose...Over heating of the device...And some common Nokia features like Filemanager.....If the first two problems were not solved by January mid then I don't see a chance for Nokia to get into Smart Phone business line up with Iphone or Android!!!!!!!!!!!!I am sorry.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joe_hensonn

[ Edited ]

@halldorj

Hi, mine shows exactly the same screen with all the battery capacity but still the battery runs down super fast.

If, I however change my sim card to a provider where the automatic apn functions perfectly, then battery lasts twice as long at least. So I think there is also a carrier issue here.

some people have found that changing to manual network selection has helped, as has turning off auto time update. this may be related to what you are experiencing. give it a try.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ABWH

Absolutly unacceptable.  Updated the phone with the new update released in Dec and tried out most of the recommendations listed out in "tips on how to increase your battery performance" (apart from turning off your phone) but the battery drains out completely within a short period of time (e.g. lost 1/2 of the battery life within 1 hour when all I did was sent out 6 SMS throughout that time). 

Nokia must act now and resolve this problem asap. 

Please use plain text.
friendl

Dear Michaels, You wrote "For anyone who does not want to wait for the software update, Nokia can arrange for a replacement phone." But the NOKIA Taiwan said can not be replaced, I can only handle the return ................... Why Nokia Taiwan and Nokia Europe have different rules? Nokia Taiwan is not a Nokia? This for me is very poor customer service experience. Made me feel like I am very bad customer. Nokia does not require customers like me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
FunkyDunc

Just reading the comments above, so I am not alone for the December update making no difference to the performance of the battery?

No I wont switch 3G/Wifi off and close all apps.  I was sold a product with a specification, the phone is not performing to that specification.

How long will this go on, and will Nokia refund everyone their costs ie contracts and purchase prices if the issue is not resolved VERY SOON ?!?!

Please use plain text.
amitmotwani

I bought the Lumia 800 on 16th dec 2011 and am facing the issue of battery drain ever since.. today I contact the customer care in India Via phone and they gave me a complaint number and told me to wait while they get back to me..  I find it very very disappointing.. My work requires me to use my phone for email and calls all day long and my phone drains out of battery in just 3-4 hours.. I want nokia to change the phone but I think they are not bothered with a customer who spends so much money on a faulty device and wants them to change it...

Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

Just go to the nokia priority store where u bought it and get it replaced.. that's what i did.. Nokia has sent communication to all the priority dealers in india to replace the faulty ones.. that's what thepriority guy told me..
Please use plain text.
amitmotwani

thanks saurabhchhabra
Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Verta

Hi,

On Friday last week I picked up a Cyan Lumia 800 from Phones4U in the UK (SIM Free) and it had the "under 1000mAh" battery issue giving me around 5 hours of normal phone usage on a full charge. I took the phone back on Monday this week to be exchanged, this time I got an early-release Black Lumia 800 which had the correct battery readout (1502mAh max capacity, reaching up to 1350mAh when fully charged), after updating to the latest firmware I still could only get a maximum of 8 or 9 hours usage out of the phone - obviously this was unacceptable so today I took it back for a refund.

The device itself is fantastic, I can't complain about anything other than the frankly appalling battery life and maybe the terrible micro USB flip cover design choice! Windows Phone 7.5 was a joy to use too.

Now I'm in no hurry to start shouting about how I want this patched ASAP for me personally (as I mo longer own the Lumia 800) but Nokia need to realise that having a great reputation in Europe means bugs like this need to be fixed before the device goes out - everyone on these forums are not your typical smartphone user, your core market are not going to look on the forums for this kind if issue, instead they will simply tell their friends (who will tell their friends and so on) that the new Nokia phone and more to the point, Windows Phone, is rubbish due to one problem that should have been fixed before the device shipped. This issue could severely impact future sales for both Microsoft and Nokia if it isn't fixed in the next week or two.

Please prove me wrong Nokia, I'd buy another Lumia in a heartbeat if it lasted as long as an iPhone 4, I've been a Nokia fan since I was a young lad and this has really tainted my view on the company.

Posted using my iPhone 4, due to it lasting long enough to write this forum post (tongue firmly in cheek!)

~Verta

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

Yeah nice story. Default settings are the problem. Just turn off location services and find my phone and the battery will last a day.

You should also just turn off 3g when in an area of weak 3G,

When using WIFI - turn off notify me of new networks.

I have little issue with the battery now....although obviously the phone doesnt do much with EVERYTHING TURNED OFF!!

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Typerage

Can't agree more! I mean whats the purpose of having a "smart phone" when u can't use the features it needs for to become smart?!

FIX THIS NOKIA!
Please use plain text.
Verta

I understand that turning off certain services will improve the battery life but the whole point of a smartphone is that you can have these services enabled 24/7 and not have to worry about it, this especially applies to 3G - every other smartphone I've had worked absolutely fine with location services and 3G enabled, I shouldn't have to babysit my phone!
Please use plain text.
Lumia800_naman

But here in bangalore Nokia Priority dealer (AirConnect) Koramangala 5th block has something different to say.They suggested me to go to Nokia Care (Samvaradhi Technologies) as they had bug fix ....They were not ready to replace my phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_SPu_

So .. My Lumia 800 shows that "full charge capacity" is only 981 mAh, instead of ~1500. Simple question - is the unit itself faulty, and should I get it replaced, or is this a software issue and will the future update fix it (in which case a replacement is not necessary and I can wait for the update).
Please use plain text.
amitmotwani

wait if you can for the update.. but i hear that it is just a SW issue.. you can just get it replaced if u can't wait for the update.. coz the update will be out early 2012 and everyone knows how ËARLY nokia releases updates
Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Dear All,

My phone got replaced, Nokia Care came to my office and gave me the new pack..with A complimentry of Bluetooth headset of Nokia J, thank you. My batery details shows correct details now. But I will comment on the battery performance tomorrow the same time

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rs2401

Dont worry man, you will experience the same problems the very first day your warranty ends. Afterall it's Nokia's first attempt to use Windows and you became one of the guinea pigs. They gave you the headset  so that you wont spread this problem and to make your mouth shut. :smileyvery-happy:

As the Nokia care people couldn't even find what's the issue with my N82 from the very next day I bought it, I have lost my entire beliefe in Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rs2401

Anyway, my hearty condolences for falling into the trap. Should not have wasted 30K for such trial phones.

Please use plain text.