Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery li...

amitmotwani

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

which city do u live in?? i live in delhi and the priority dealer here is telling me to come and they will resolve the issue. they are not telling me what are they going to do.. its great that you have got a nokia j with the replacement.. it is a great headset. 

Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

I live in Trivandrum. i must say something...When Iphone was first released it had a thousand problems..but Apple didint even accepted these problems..they silently fixed all these problems through replacements and software updates...this happened in USA!!!!!Here atleast Nokia accepted the issue..and they are ready to replace our handsets...For this issue, I raised with correct channels and I got call from different Area managers about this and they replaced it within 5 hours of raisin the complaint....In Kerala Nokia's instruction to their Service Centres is to replace it through Home Delevry...

However on Mobile Charging problem I will comment it on 12 PM IST.

Remember, my Brothers and Sisters in India,

It is NOKIA Who taught you to use mobile, who made mobile a day to day part of our lifes...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Christissue

I am from Hong Kong but there is no replacement for my lumia 800 with only 976mAh battery.
No matter I go to the store or Nokia Care, they ask me to wait for the update in early 2012.

I really don't want to wait for that and like to have a replacement, but they said Nokia HK will not provide that service.

I am really disappoint. They simply ask me to turn off my phone and do not use it before the update.

How come Nokia HK is different from the situation in Europe.

I really love the phone, but the battery problem and the attitude of the staff really disappointed me and that really make me do not want to buy Nokia product in HK next time.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

My Lumia 800 also displayed 976mAh.  Never think Hong Kong Nokia Care will switch me another Lumia since consumer protection is far behind Europe.  Just wish Nokia may release the update timely on 18 Jan 2012 as what has been published.  This is a major change for Nokia and Microsoft to fight back the market share especially when Lumia 800 initially launch in US.

angler
Please use plain text.
Advisor
prowede

One of the user from HK reported he got call from Nokia HK. And Nokia can replace the phone with him .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amish2008

I am facing a very peculiar problem with my Lumia 800. Sometimes when i end a call the phone freezes in the "ending", and this goes on for many minutes untill i long press the power off key. This problem has occured many a times. Can somebody plz help. Are any of the other lumia 800 users facing this problem

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Mine displays 1511 and it's never got through a full day. I have turned off everything except 3g, have power saver on permanently but using it for anything just drains it frighteningly. Yes it looks lovely and the browser is super fast but so what if it can' t be used.
I'm on holiday at present but this will never get me through a working day unless I carry a portable charger.

On the whole having used Symbian,Android and Windows I like Symbian best. My e72 lasted around 3 days on a charge and that was with a high usage of youtube, email and browsing. I also miss a lot of Symbian features e.g personalised text tones, profiles/Nokia Situations, personalised themes. Windows apps are pitiful compared to Ovi Store or Android apps. Both of those have, for example several apps allowing you to buy train tickets on your phone and they're free. Marketplace has 1 for timetables only, which is not free and has no ticketing option.
I'm very disapointed really. If I use this phone I'm going to still have to fallback onmy e72 and/or a botom of the range Samsung both of which perform better and have far better apps.
Incidentally I understand sales so far have been poor. Igot mine as a t-mobile upgrade. Ihave a very cheap contract having weighted most of the cost onbuying the e72 rather than getting a free phone. I was expecting to have topay quite a lot to get the lumia on that contract. In fact t- mobile offered it at a nominal charge- 24xs my monthly fee plus the nominal charge was considerably below the retail price. Possibly because I was the first customer in this Edinburgh branch to buy a Lumia and that was on 19th December.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

How do you get "Screen capturer" to install? I can't get anything from Chevron, including the preliminary run tool to check compatibility to work, phone says files not supported.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam1967

ok so I've searched here and found a similar issue to mine but not quite.

I too have the ? in the middle of the battery status but I also have in Diagnostics/Battery Status ALL values are ZERO including the mAh.

Is this part of the underlying issue or something different ?

Thanks

Sam

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PeppeGuarino

Pink device bought in Italy for Christmas: experienced poor battery performance so far.

There's non need to run the diagnostic tool: simply going to Settings>Battery  shows an incredible 3 hours remaining battery after just 1 hour since last charge.

These devices MUST be replaced by the manufacturer!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam1967

Thanks for te reply much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

I have the same..firs thought its my Service Provider problem..now it seems to be a Lumia Problem..When you have such issuse just press windows key to exit...thats what I did :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Dear All,

I am very much satisfied after the replacement...good battery life now.suitable for a Smart Phone.....Thank you for the quick replacement.....well I wish to see some improvements in the software update next month....bring back some Nokia Features....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rmnl

Here is an interesting review on the Guardian site: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2011/dec/30/nokia-lumia-800-goodbye?CMP=twt_gu

Even though I do not agree with some of the other problems, I do think the idea of trust is true. I don't trust my Lumia enough. I don't trust it to last a day. It will, but only if I don't use it too much, but as soon as I use it in a way that I did my iPhone, I always end up with a phone that's dead before the end of the day. It's annoying that I leave my phone and take my laptop to lookup something, because I'm afraid that my phone won't make it to the end of the day if I use it too much.

I hate that! Fix this Nokia! It shouldn't be a hardware issue, because the chassis of all Windows Phone phones is the same and my colleagues HTC Radar lasts 3 days!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DaveVoyle

battery indicator = ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadicoool

I got my phone replace earlier it was showing 980 mAh. Now I have 1475mAh as full charge capacity...
But now there is a new problem. I am unable to charge the phone to that capacity. 100% reaches at 1300 mAh... and the current value reaches 0 mA implying the battery can hold more charge and but charging is stopped at ~1300 mAh. Am i the only one or you guys too facing this issue?
P.S. i am using official lumia charger and data cable.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dragonheart76NL

Mine never charges above 1321. This was only after using it for about a month. Before that it was 1291 or something like that. I believe it never charges to full.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

aadicoool wrote:
But now there is a new problem. I am unable to charge the phone to that capacity. 100% reaches at 1300 mAh... and the current value reaches 0 mA implying the battery can hold more charge and but charging is stopped at ~1300 mAh. Am i the only one or you guys too facing this issue?
P.S. i am using official lumia charger and data cable.

As already stated several times in several places within this forum section all Lumias are currently software restricted to charge only up to 1300mAh. Once the announced update is released full charge will become possible.

The handsets which can charge to less than 1000mAh are suffering from a software bug, which will also be resolved with the same update. Nokia have offered to owners of such handsets the option of having them replaced if they do not wish to wait for the update. If functioning properly, these replacements will still not charge beyond 1300mAh until the new update is applied.

Please use plain text.