Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery li...

Advisor
Harish_C6

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

Just browsing / watching video for approx 5 to 10 mins, overheats the phone and the battery drains, eventhough the diagnostic tool shows battery full charge capacity shows > 1000mAh.

eagerly waiting for the fix :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jarednz101

in case nobody answered your query, I have the same exact problem. After many calls to T-Mobile (utterly unhelpful - nay rude) - and Nokia (slightly better, but a lot of waiting for callbacks) - I finally found out that they're replacing my handset - apparently delivery tomorrow. If you have the ZERO readings your phone is definitely dodgy and Nokia will replace it - they didnt even offer the wait for the upgrade patch - they just said a replacement would be on its way.

I hope that helps - if you've not harassed Nokia, get onto it asap to get a replacement.

Please use plain text.
azybat

full charge capacity is 1522mAh, eight hour ago i haved ~1350mAh of charge

bluetooth is disabled, wifi is disabled, i done only tow calls per 1 minute, and battery is off

what i should to do now?

i havent second phone to wait when they will send me new model

it will be update or not, somebody answer me

Please use plain text.
Technogran

Mines the same Sam. Currently trying to get it solved with Nokia UK. I can't tell when the batteries charged, or when its going to run out! They didn't seem to be aware of the promise to replace the phone if you don't want to wait for the update either! I love the phone as well, its just a shame that this problem has put a damper on everything..

Please use plain text.
Technogran

I too am getting 0 showings and I am dealing with Nokia support direct, but its not easy as they keep wanting to call me back and I missed one lot of calls. They should really just replace your handset straight away when you get in touch with them. They'll not loose out because you'll send the faulty handset back and they can then fix it and sell it on...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
karen004

I am one of the Nokia's biggest fan but I am not happy with what all Nokia is doing these days.they are not working towards the demand of the customers.recently they've launched windows phones which makes no sense in mobile consumer market.they already left symbian development which is not a very good decision. I am happy with their belle release and all others are also happy with the functionality that symbian offers.not like windows,windows is a restricted OS which aims at social networking and web browsing.but there are a lot many things you're leaving behind.windows was never a good choice for Nokia.we don't want windows,we don't want to be different.we want what is best and reliable.we want symbian back with a new name and increased screen resolution or if you are not left with any other choice......then android is 2nd after symbian.why didn't you choose android,,why windows ??people want fun,lot of applications and features at an affordable price.see what samsung is doing,they've launced an affordable android device galaxy Y.android was released in 2008 and became popular in just 2 years creating much hype,,,because nokia phones freezed a lot at that time.I dont know what nokia did in these 2 years.nokia was ruling mobile world for the past 14 years and now samsung is about to overtake Nokia in just 2-3 years,Im afraid a lot and the rising graph of samsung,declining for nokia really made me depressed.nokia never worked on the operating system in these 14 years,,,only one best thing they did in these 2 years was nokia n8 and now belle which they must have done much before.hoping to see Nokia ruling the smartphone world.
Please use plain text.
bkfmah

[ Edited ]

My Lumia 800 is on the same firmware version (1600.2479.7740.11451) but it's not showing the same full charge capacity. The Nokia centres in Singapore are telling me that it only affects the cyan and magenta versions and not the black ones. I don't know, sounds like a lot of **beep** to me.

Moderator's note: Post edited, please do not try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I brought my lumia 800 two days back. but it shows only 1471 mAh as fully charged capacity

Please use plain text.
azybat

[ Edited ]

you mean is black lumia 800 has no changes after new firmware? its so strange...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

wmirlsb wrote:

I brought my lumia 800 two days back. but it shows only 1471 mAh as fully charged capacity

That's correct, The Battery in the Lumia is rated at 1450mAh

My handset on the latest firmware shows battery capacity at 1486mAh and around 1476mAh remaining when fully charged

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jragar

foxmeister wrote:

wmirlsb wrote:

That's correct, The Battery in the Lumia is rated at 1450mAh

My handset on the latest firmware shows battery capacity at 1486mAh and around 1476mAh remaining when fully charged

When fully charged on the new firmware my phone shows capacity as between 1250 and 1270.

I spoke to a representative at a Nokia care point today, and he started all phones showing over 1000 are not faulty and may not be  eligs le to be replaced.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the poor battery performance on these phones , and apparently it is not just yself with their batteries only varying to around 80% advertised capacity.

Please Nokia, talk to us so we at least know what is going on, it's beenv2 months now of battery issues

Please use plain text.
azybat

My black Lumia 800 have a 1512 charge capacity and charging to ~1350 without new firmware (is no new firware in Zune and phone), why is so difference with other devices, anybody knows?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
docbhagat

If I have data off, does it make any difference on battery if I am on 2g or 3g network?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

docbhagat wrote:

If I have data off, does it make any difference on battery if I am on 2g or 3g network?

If you don't use mobile data, you'd be better off switching to 2G only

That should give you a bit better battery life compared to 3G

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
docbhagat

thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dpreguezuelos

I'm from Spain, I bought my Nokia Lumia 800 from Expansys.com and the country variant is UK. I'm waiting for update for a week, but nothing, no update via Zune. It's possible that the Country Variant was the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

dpreguezuelos wrote:

I'm from Spain, I bought my Nokia Lumia 800 from Expansys.com and the country variant is UK. I'm waiting for update for a week, but nothing, no update via Zune. It's possible that the Country Variant was the problem?

You just have to wait, see here for more information:

/t5/Software-Updates/Rollout-for-the-new-Lumia-800-update-version-1600-2483-8106/td-p/1277517

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gbrugman

Upgraded to Current Version: 07.10.08107.03 with firmware 1600.2483.8106.11500  two days ago but my battery is even worse than ever, won't last the day. :-( 

My friend and collegae Henk advised me to restore my backup and then upgrade again. 

See of this works,  Keeps you posted.

We're both very happy with our Lumia 800's 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hairychad

before the update I had approx 6hours battery life, and now I get 13hours... this isn't suitable for use if I'm not touching a USB port at any point during the day or expect a phone call at any point.

I have followed the FAQ to limit battery usage but it's not suitable to have a modern phone to have these things turned off.

Having spoken to Nokia support they pointed out that using ##634# my battery is showing as 1442mAh, ie <1500... "A fix is due around the end of March for this" and there is no option to swap the phone out.

My other phone is a nokia N8 which is pathetic until the Belle operating system is launched for it, and again they won't give me a date on that, only "february" having previously promised October before the rebranding.

I'm so sick of Nokia, and I used to be their number 1 fan. I still prefer Nokia to Apple though, don't worry :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

hairychad wrote:

Having spoken to Nokia support they pointed out that using ##634# my battery is showing as 1442mAh, ie <1500... "A fix is due around the end of March for this" and there is no option to swap the phone out.

The official battery spec is 1450mAh, not 1500mAh, so you are well within tolerances.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia800/specifications/

Plus I do not believe you would notice the extra 50mAh even if you had them.

Please use plain text.