Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery li...

Advisor
hairychad

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

93tid wrote:

hairychad wrote:

Having spoken to Nokia support they pointed out that using ##634# my battery is showing as 1442mAh, ie <1500... "A fix is due around the end of March for this" and there is no option to swap the phone out.

The official battery spec is 1450mAh, not 1500mAh, so you are well within tolerances.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia800/specifications/

Plus I do not believe you would notice the extra 50mAh even if you had them.

I'm happy with the spec, however this is based on the Nokia Lumia support team giving me this information about the fix that will arrive in March

I certainly do not have enough background "live" apps running to give a 13hour battery drain, and the support line confirmed this.

It's not the 50mAh that I'm missing, it's the fact that the support line specified the fact that the code is broken and will be fixed in a couple of months, in which time I will stop using my phone as it's no good for day trips away, or indeed holidays where I'd want to take pictures, use maps, etc....

The official link above gives the fantastic spec:

Maximum GSM standby time

265 h

we can dream :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ppisniak

It would be great if I could use my Lumia in standby mode by 65h
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

That shouldn't be a problem, except that standby means you will not be using it.

Please use plain text.
azybat

After update capacity is 1439mAh, before it was 1522mAh... (((((

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marcomaterazzi

i cant check my battery capacity,

only show voltage and current (charging),

anyone has the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nods80

My phone doesn't have a full charge capacity. it just has voltage and current. My battery life isn't as bad as some reports but i'm not getting through a full day despite turning every thing off. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Recent system updates have removed some information from the diagnostic tools, which is not meant to be used for anything but indicative purposes and actually for service personnel only.

In Windows Phone 8 the tool has been completely removed.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vaibhavkapoor

when i run disgnostic test on my battery, there is no result at all. Just screen with a white battery icon and no voltage and no current.

My phone has latest software, battery shows "?" all the time, drains really quick and needs frequent recharges many times a day. The phone is just 1.5 months old

Any advices

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SarveshMurthi

Hi

I have purchaced lumia 800 2weaks back i tried to run the diagnostics tool under Battery Status> only voltage and current only displaying the "Full Charge Capacity and  Remaining Charge Capacity" is not displaying.

OS Version: 7.10.87773.98

Firmware revision Number: 1750.0805.8773.12220

can any one help me?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gbrugman

Sorry, same here, this is all ##634# Battery Status will display. Is there another version of Diagnostics? I've seen a different more complete version before.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SarveshMurthi

I contacted Nokia support and the advised me to take to Nokia Care to reinstall the firmware after reinstalling the firmware the problem is not solved.

Can anyone can help?

Please use plain text.
Lavya

[ Edited ]

Dear Mr.. Micheal,

My name is Bhupender Singh, I am living in New Delhi (India). I am using Nokia's handsets since 2002 and having a very good experience from it. 1 week ago I have bought Lumia 800  Nokia Priority centre near by my home. Now I am having an issue of very low battery backup in my mobile. Due to this my mobile is being getting switch off very frequently. Now it's affecting my personal & professional working life. I am a big supporter of nokia's products but now these troubles are getting my mind change from your product.

When I bought this mobile the customer executives told me to charge this mobile handset for next 4-5 hours after that battery will be work properly, also the software of this mobile has been updated from Nokia care centre but the problem is still same. After seeing your comments in this discussions, I used that code suggested by you in my mobile, it is showing the mAh value while discharging 254 mA with 4.103V at 100% charged & when charging 46 mA with 4.314V at 100% charged

Please suggest me the appropriate action to do now,

Hoping you'll not let down my faith from your product.

Thanks & Rgds

Bhupender Singh

Moderator's Note:

IMEI was removed as it is unwise to publish unique serial numbers on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
jezzap

i have done as you said and my phone does not display a full charge capacity. also compared to my old nokia the signal srength is rubbish, can be no service on the lumia with full strength on my old phone, is this a ''characteristic of the phone'' or is there something wrong, it is really statrting to annoy me as i am missing lots of calls

Please use plain text.
stagman2009

Having noticed actual battery life did not match the stated life after fully charging the battery. ie:stated life - 2days 8 hours - actual life less than 24 hours. I decided to take the phone to my local Orange (EE) store for repair.

Two weeks later , I phoned the Repair Department and was told that I needed to purchase a new battery @ £17.50, even though my phone was under warranty!

I was informed that the payment was due because the warranty only affected the phone. The battery only has a 6 month warranty and it would take another week before I would receive the phone. All-in-all, 3 weeks to replace a faulty battery.

All this has done, is to deter me from ever buying any other Nokia phone, after many happy years with Nokia.

I feel cheated  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
patricialazaro

MY NOKIA LUMIA 800 BATTERY GOT FIXED!! THANKS TO NOKIA FOR HELPING ME!

I bought a lumia 800 last sunday and I got battery issues for my lumia 800 only lasts for 1 day! It's very very terrible and I was thinking that, that will happen to me every single day.

SO HERE'S WHAT I DID TO FIX THE BATTERY ISSUE:

1. I update my lumia 800 using zune to the latest update which is 7.8.

(I thought that might help me resolve the problem but it didn't because the battery still remains the same even if I have battery saver on and brightness in low condition.)

2. I started calling nokia for help.

3. They asked me to do thinks that might prolong the battery life like: turning on battery saver, turning off data services, location services, wi-fi, bluetooth, applications and many more. I told them that I already did everything that they say.

4. The last thing they asked me to do before going to a nokia care center and have a phone replacement is that resetting my phone. I freak out a bit because all my contacts is going to be erased, they calm me down by saying I can backup all my files by connecting a windows live account through my phone. Glad I have a live account, it's very easy  just go to SETTINGS>EMAIL+ACCOUNT>ADD ACCOUNT. then add your windows live account and it will automatical backup your contacts. If not try to google on how to backup your contacts using windows live.

5. It's now time to reset your phone. Go to SETTINGS>ABOUT>RESET YOUR PHONE. then follow the steps aferwards. make sure to plug your lumia on your charger so that the phone can have more power in resetting. after resetting always use a darker theme, apply low brightness, always use batter sever. after that you'll experience 3x battery life than ever.

As of now after doing this, i have my phone 100% at 11am and now at 11:45pm by battery is at 71% before after a full charge of 100% in less than 1 hour battery will be like 80% already but now after 10 hours charging only 29% has been used. I even turn on my wifi for 3 hours earlier in the morning then been texting and calling my friends the whole day,

Hope this will solve the issue.

Please use plain text.
BrunoFoca

patricialazaro thank you!

My phone with the 3G on only lasts for 4h without any use (If a turn the 3G one, and live it idle, the battery is over in 4 hours).

Now after the reset, 14 hours have passed, one hour of active usage, and still 47%
Thank you very much!!

Please use plain text.