Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life c...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

We have received the following statement regarding the concerns that some customers have been expressing about the power consumption of their Lumia 800 phones:

On Monday 12th December some of our customers started to comment in various social media that the preloaded diagnostics tool in some of the Nokia Lumia 800 phones was showing lower battery capacity than expected. We immediately started to investigate these reports and can now confirm that while the battery itself is fine, a software problem on certain variants is limiting the phone’s ability to access the full battery capacity. We want to stress that this issue has not been found to affect the recently introduced Nokia Lumia 710.

The good news is that as this is a software problem it can be easily resolved.  The planned software update in early 2012, as well as including many performance enhancements, will also include a fix that will enable the affected phones to access the total battery capacity.  For anyone who does not want to wait for the software update, Nokia can arrange for a replacement phone.  Anyone who requires any further clarification should contact Nokia Care (Care contact details and locations can be found at www.Nokia.com/support).

Anyone who wants to know if their phone is affected can run the battery status test from the diagnostics tool already installed on their phone. (The tool is designed for service use and only displays approximate values.) Dialling ##634# opens the diagnostics tool. By accepting the disclaimer and then selecting ‘Battery Status’ from the list of options, anyone will be able to see their available battery charge capacity.  If your full charge capacity reads less than 1000 mAh then your phone is affected with this specific issue and you may find it is necessary to charge your phone more frequently than normal.  Once the software update has been applied, you should experience much better battery life. In the meantime here are some tips on how to increase your battery performance and you should also make sure you are using the charger that came with the phone, as older chargers may not be as effective at charging the new Nokia Lumia 800. 

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
LoveSillyPore

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life concerns

Great news! Most of us in Singapore got the 900mAH readings in the Diagnostics tool.
Please use plain text.
LegendET

Same in Taiwan, lots of customers are affected!
Finally an official announcement about the issue...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RicardoDawkins

Good. Better handled that those people with the fruit logo.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Just to post screenshot of 1600.2479.7740.11451:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
LegendET

aspergerguy wrote:

Just to post screenshot of 1600.2479.7740.11451:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This one seems not not affected, since Full Charge Capacity is 1000+mAh

My phone shows "Full Charge Capacity: 980mAh", this shoud be affected one.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
halldorj

Hi, mine shows exactly the same screen with all the battery capacity but still the battery runs down super fast.

If, I however change my sim card to a provider where the automatic apn functions perfectly, then battery lasts twice as long at least. So I think there is also a carrier issue here.

H.

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

I know plenty of users who have 1500 mAh but still a phone that is dead before the day is over.

It tells me that there's another problem and I'm afraid that it won't be solved !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mayer37

Despite my full charge capacity being around 1500 mAH, the maximum charge amount that Iam able to get is exactly as shown above = 65535%. Does anyone know if this is also a known issue???
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RustyU

Think everyone has the 65553% thing
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JamieC

My 'Full charge' value reads 1511mAh, but I am unable to get a full day's use out of my phone. I am on Orange and in central London, if that helps (although I was recently in Belgium and roamed on several networks with the same issue).

I have now submitted a support requset direct to Nokia, this is ridiculous, I can't be charging my phone through the day just so I can go out in the evening instead of going straight home.

More importantly though, aspergerguy how did you get that screenshot?!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
talktoanil

[ Edited ]

I THINK THIS IS A LIE. We all have same hardware and same software and still how come few phones see battery < 1000 mah ?? I think Nokia is lying us and actual issues is with battery (hardware) it self :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

talktoanil wrote:
I THINK THIS I A LIE. We all have same hardware and same software and still how come few phones see battery < 1000 mah ?? I think Nokia is lying us and actual issues is with battery (hardware) it self :smileyindifferent:

No, the software is not the same, as clearly stated in the press release.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
talktoanil

But country wise it should be same..right ? So say all phones sold in India should have this bug..because mine has one..but my friends phone did not have...plz explain this to me !!!

p.s Here in India there is no relation between carrier and device manufacturer.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

same here, charged the phone full, got 900mah reading, 959 to be exact.... was wondering why the battery sucked despite the specs said 1,400 mah.... awaiting the update impatiently

Please use plain text.
Contributor
talktoanil

I fear it might not help :smileysad: it might be a hardware issue even if Nokia is denying it. Read my post just above yours.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

talktoanil wrote:
But country wise it should be same..right ? 

No, it's not the same. Now stop spreading misinformation as if you actually know something, since you do not.

Please use plain text.
tcloer

How did you take that screenshot??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

tcloer wrote:
How did you take that screenshot??

By installing "Screen capturer" application upon developer unlocked device using ChevronWP7.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.