Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 dead

Counsellor
dave0123

Nokia Lumia 800 dead

Hi,

Just sold my nokia lumia 800 so i wanted to do a reset and looked online about doing  a hard reset to wipe everything and now the phone is dead. at first it will loading the orange logo as its on orange then sticking on that.. now its just not working. i tried pressing some of the buttons and its just dead.

Does anyone have any idears how i can get this working or turning on?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 dead

@dave0123

What exactly did you do as usually after removing SIM just going to Settings > About > reset your phone is all that it is needed?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

I didn't no you could do that, so i did a hard reset with the buttons on the side of the phone as i have read about it before. Then as its orange there logo kept coming up and nothing else would happen it would just stay on the orange logo. now it wont even boot up at all
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dave0123

Does nothing happen if you either connect mains charger or connect to PC by USB?

You did follow this key sequence exactly?

1. Switch the phone off. 
2. Press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time. 
3.When the phone vibrates release the Power button only but keep the Camera and Volume Down buttons held for a further five seconds.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

ive tried connecting the mains charger to a wall socket and the PC nothing happens.

Yeah i did the above i think in the right order. when nothing happened and it got a stuck on the orange logo i did it once or twice again because i thought it had not done it properly
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

i dont think i switched it off just done it while it being switched on :/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

any ideas how to get it back on?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Julius11

Have you tried plugging the charger to it for a while? Might need a boost to power on, a reset on this devices takes a lot of power.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

yeah i have had it on charge for a good 14 15 hours or so by the main changer plugged into wall :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Julius11

[ Edited ]

Besides that this is all I can think of:

• Unplugging and reconnecting the charger to the phone
  • Attaching the phone to a PC, then to a charger
  • Reset the charging cycle by holding down the power button, while charging, for 8 seconds or so
  • Warming the device to create a small charge in the battery, then starting to charge it

One theory is the battery discharges so deeply that there is not enough power to detect the charger, therefore it never charges. Kind-of too smart for its own good.

Hope it helps.

note; removed description of and link to action not advised as it may damage, and will invalidate the warranty of, your device.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

I have plugged the charger back in and managed to get it to switch on. its sticking on the orange logo now though just stays on that
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Julius11

That sound better. Does it stay on if you unplugg the charger?

If it does I would suggest to try using Zune to see if you can reinstall the SW or update it.

I would say the issue here was that you tried to reset the phone with not enough battery on the phone, hence the OS got messed up. There are a few alternatives but none are Nokia official so I can´t disclose them here.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi dave0123,

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried to soft-reset the Lumia? This will not delete any personal data;

• Make sure the Lumia if powered off by pressing the power button for 8-10 seconds, the Lumia should vibrate shortly. Release the power button after switch off.
  • Pess the Power button together with Volume down
  • Wait for the Lumia to vibrate and release the power button
  • After 10 seconds release the volume down button
  • The Lumia should vibrate again
  • Switch back on

If this does not help you visit a Nokia Care Point to have them check the Lumia for you.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
jap134

Hello,

It's my first time posting here, so hope it is okay that I'm tagging on to this thread - I don't know how to start a new thread.

My Lumia 800 suddenly died today. Batttery was at least 1/2 full and I used it as normal, then left the phone alone for about an hour (I did not turn it off) and when I returned to it, the screen was completely black and unresponsive when I pressed the side buttons. I have tried:

-pressing all the buttons

-removing & replacing the SIM card

-charging it through the wall socket charger for 1 or 2 hours

-am currently charging it with the USB charger

None of these options seems to revive it.

Any thoughts? Has this ever happened to anyone? Appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

Hi Julius,

I switched off charger and no the phone doesnt stay on i manage only to switch it on with a charger connected to the phone and then it only sticks on the orange start up logo picture. Do you suggest me connecting it to the zume software via the usb?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dave0123

Hi Kosh,

I have tried the above the other day and it did not work i was trying to to do a hard reset in the first place to reset the complete phone. i must stress the phone is only six months old and in very good condition.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GiriIndia

Hi Kosh,

Nokia Lumia 800 going "completely dead" apparently seems to be a common problem. I have a phone which was purchased less than 50 days ago and the battery was running critically low and switched off and now it just wont switch on.

Girish P

Please use plain text.
BOB1984

hie friend i am going through the exact same problem you had i was just wondering if u then managed to solve it, if so how did u do it, my phone also just died on me whilst in my pocket for no apparent reason, there was still plenty of battery
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the reboot and reset procedures described earlier in this thread?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gsma

I have the exact same problem. My lumia800 won´t go further from orange screen. I´ve tried every combination of keys. Hard and Soft reset. Connecting it to the wall socket and to the pc. With Zune on and off.

As there´s no solution explained on the thread jet, if anybody had the same problem and could fix it, please share it here.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.