Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 - leaving emails on base server

Registered Member
mjakubiniec

Nokia Lumia 800 - leaving emails on base server

I’m wondering , is there any possibility to set  Nokia Lumia 800 email’s account not to delete emails from  base server account ?

Is there anybody who try to do this or try to find solution for it ?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - leaving emails on base server

Why would you want to ? Don't delete emails you want to keep would seem the simplest solutuion ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lawnless1

This is something I've also tried to work out. There are mails that I want to keep, but I don't want them clogging up my phone.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

[ Edited ]

It seems to depend on the server. Email on Orange's server for example isn't deleted, gmail is deleted from the inbox but us still in the trash folder. Hotmail and Yahoo are permanently deleted. There's no option to set the phone never to delete from the server.

As there is no way to save emails on to Skydrive I'd suggest setting up an Evernote account. You can forward mail you want to keep on to it.

*note; removed unwarranted remarks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Mail boxes on your Windows Phone show mails for a specified period, after this period expires the mail is no longer shown on the phone, but is still present on your mail server.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Tuxie

[ Edited ]

There are situations where it's handy to share a email account among several people.
The issue here is how to set up the Lumia not to delete a message on the server even if it's removed from the phone

Further more - After I delete a mail, it not in trash folder on the phone, and it's removed from the server.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
copperandkatie1

can the specified perid be updated.

Please use plain text.