Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800 restarting at nokia logo every tim...

DigitalKirkley

Nokia Lumia 800 restarting at nokia logo every time (Never enters OS)

I have a nokia lumia 800 that is currently restarting continously in a loop everytime it is powered on. The phone will vibrate, nokia logo will display bright, then display dimmed logo and then black screen. This sequence continues in a loop and never enters windows phone. Is a fix/work around available for this please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 restarting at nokia logo every time (Never enters OS)

Sounds like you may need to perform a hard reset. Unfortunately this will erase all contacts, messages, pictures etc stored on the device... hope you have a backup?

1.Switch the phone off.

2.Press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time.

3.When the phone vibrates release the Power button but keep the Camera and Volume Down buttons held for a further five seconds.

The phone will now be reset.

... If this still doesn't work then you'll need to take it to your nearest Nokia Care Point.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
DigitalKirkley

Unfortunately the phone will not vibrate/startup whilst holding those 3 buttons down at all. I have a waited sometime but remains powered off. 

Please use plain text.
Professor

remove the SIM card, and then try to power up by plugging in the charger (mains, not a computer) and see if it will boot correctly then. If not, leave it to charge for a while and then try the reset method again.

Please use plain text.