Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - unable to sync calendar with...

mps1901

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - unable to sync calendar with MS Outlook 2003 or 2010 direct, unlike my old N97

I am having stresses of a simular nature.......

I have Nokia Lumia 800 and our office use a group diary via Yahoo !

Supprise supprise, cant even sync these together....

Some one has tried giving a work around as follows,

Register with goggle calendar, subscribe google to yahoo and yahoo to goole..... This worked, appointments transfered.  Then registered gmail to my phone and all appointments appeared in

calendar on phone.

I have been out on the road today, added several new appointments to my phone cal, got back to the office and none of them are on tha yahoo cal online !!!!

We got these phones to be a one stop tool kit whilst on the road, email, appointments etc...... 

any advice welcome......

basiclly all i want is to be able add appoinments to my phone and these appear on the yahoo office calendar, and when the office book an appointment for me, it appears on my phone calendar......

Suggestions on a postcard please !!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lumia800Owner

Re: Nokia Lumia 800 - unable to sync calendar with MS Outlook 2003 or 2010 direct, unlike my old N97

Same problem here. Thought it was a joke - WP 7 cannot sync. with Outlook!

Some times Microsoft are moving too fast in their efforts to follow the competitiors...

NOKIA Connecting People - un-connecting your contacts :-) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
beaufortnz

Just looked at a Nokia Lumia 800 and thought that being preloaded with MS Office it would be easy to sync my memos, contacts, schedules etc. Loaded Zune on to my PC and guesswhat I cant!!! Couldnt believe it. No where on Zune software can you sync Outlook 2007 data. DUMB.

Wont be buying a Lumia now until this is sorted out.

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

[ Edited ]

you can sync contacts if you add the account under emails and accounts.

I have facebook, livemail, linkedin, twirtter and gmail all synced up you cansync them you can then filter which ones you want displayed.

I don't have a yahoo or outlook account so can't say for sure but I'd reckon they would work if you add the account as they are preset options.

Please use plain text.
Alex_DK

Agree with all the comments - Nokia has done it again; 1step ahead and then 2 back, which leaves users with useless devices.

Conclusion: N8/Belle seems to be the last outstanding product from from what was formerly known as "The best and biggest developer of Cell-devices". And N8/Belle really rock's...
If Microsoft want to bring Nokia devices and their own Cell_os back on track - please choose the right track. Making the wrong turns has newer led to something good...

Come on - a Windows phone that cannot synchronize with MS-Outlook - sounds to sick to be true  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adeadesina

I sold my N8 last week and was excited about the Lumia 800 only to find out I can sync with MS-outlook directly. In advertising the new Lumia, Nokia should have said from the onset that it does not sync with out-look directly then people like myself who have used Nokia for upward of 10yrs could decide on what to do. I do not wish to sync my details with hotmail live etc, hackers can easily get to details stored on the web and then what happens? Can somebody please appeal to Nokia to sort this out speedily otherwise iphone/alternative brands becomes the answer. I wish I hadn't sold my N8.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hulaq

well i had that issue also but it wasnt due to nokia. it was our exchange server that wasnt enabled for syncing to "unregistered" devices. IT admin can tap this on and get your outlook2010 and 2003 synced without a problem (got both, 2010 on work and 2003 at home)

altho im in europe....
Please use plain text.
colinz1212

I don't normally do this but come on Nokia you have a good phone here in the Lumia 800 once I get my head around how to use it. Not enabling sync with Outlook is rediculous. I was toying with leaving Nokia and used an Android phone for a weekend which didn't impress me. The Lumia 800 won me over due to the quality of your phones (again) but the basic syncing of calendar, contacts and notes needs to be addressed. This is basic stuff especially when you lead a busy life. I rely on my notes on my phone and now I can't even transfer them from my N8 or Outlook. Please get your software guys to fix this necessary Outlook issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonrod007

Whilst I too have had problems with syncing my phone with outlook in general these, problems are all sorted now and mine is working fine.

Although this was not as easy a task as in the past with Symbian etc, this is not a 'Nokia' or windows 'problem' The key is installing the right security certs for your device to work with your exchange server. A lot of people are having this problem but distilled down it is relatively easy to fix when you know the correct way.

In short you need to get the security cert that issued the cert for your exchange server. This can be done by:

1. jumping into a browser and looking up your exchange server address on a destop pc
  2. Logging in with your exchange details - 
  3. Then look at the certification Path tab via the padlock icon or similar(padlock icon for IE) it's pretty straight forward for the other browsers. 
  4. If there is only one cert in the path then just export this to your desktop, attach it to a gmail email and send it to yourself (I used gmail as this set up no hitches for me) go back to your phone open the email and install the cert. 
  5. Otherwise if there is another cert at the start of the path you need to export this cert to your phone. I did both certs to be safe.
  6. To do this: note down the certs name and issue date eg all details. then go to IE options - content - certificates - pick the correct certificate from here and export to desktop and repeat step 4.
  7. If all details have been corectly entered into the outlook/advanced setup then you should now be all good to go.

The reason for needing these certs is security, your phone needs the certificates to verify that the server is a trusted source.

It may be a bit fiddly and potentially annoying but it does have security at it's heart and isn't a bug or problem with the phone. 

If anything Nokia/Microsoft should just have explained better how to sort this problem out.

Doing the above my phone now works perfectly with outlook email and calendar synced perfectly. Also my calendar now contains entries from both my gmail and outlook.

Please use plain text.
Vicky2001

Nokia Lumia 800 - unable to sync calendar with Facebook.

Hi 

I am unable to sync Facebook calendar on Lumia 800.

When i bought it it was showing the calendar but i reset the settings once and again i sync it with my facebook account still i am unable to sync the calendar.

Can Anyone Help me out.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
michael2310

[ Edited ]

Now that the new Lumias have arrived, could Nokia confirm the following:

1. It is not possible to sync contacts and calendar between MS Outlook and a Lumia 820 or 920 directly via Nokia Suite and USB cable.

2. Nokia suite can be used to copy contacts and calendar from older Nokia phones to a Lumia 820 or 920, but only by using Skydrive.  And when using this method, not all contact fields will be copied, e.g. contact notes and repeating calendar items will not be copied, and the contacts interface in Windows Live is infuriating.

3. The ease and accuracy of synchronisation of contacts using the "Outlook Connector" add-on is even worse.

4. It seems the mysterious "Windows Companion" or "Windows Phone" app, which supposedly allows direct local synchronisation of MS Outlook contact and calendar entries between a PC and a Lumia phone via USB cable, is only compatible with PC's running the Windows 8 OS.  Anyone running earlier versions of Windows on their PC's will have to upgrade.

5. It seems impossible to obtain specifications as to precisely what the "Windows Companion" or "Windows Phone" app will do and how it will do it.

It is quite incredible that Nokia has allowed the above issues to remain unresolved since the release of the first Lumia phones, especially given the demise of its Symbian OS, which allowed effortless and ACCURATE local synchronisation between phone and MS Outlook via Nokia Suite.  Given the amount of forum posts relating to these issues, one has to assume that MS is deliberately using them to force consumers to use its unsatisfactory cloud services and upgrade their PC OS to Windows 8 - all to achieve very poorly a synchronisation function that Nokia had provided perfectly well for years.

Michael

Please use plain text.
CaroleKingston

Like just about everyone on this forum, I am amazed and dismayed by Nokia on this issue. We have a Nokia E72 in the family, and this synchs fast and with no hassle with Outlook on the associated PC. We have now bought a Lumia 800 because we assumed (and the shop said) that it would do the same thing. It doesn't. All the documentation seems to have in mind teenagers whose main concern is connection with Facebook & getting hold of music. Well, we (in our 60s) use Facebook too and we listen to music; but we also lead busy lives, and maintain a list of hundreds of contacts and a diary with many appointments, reminders, things to do... I am astonished that Nokia (and for that matter Microsoft) have abandoned the "serious" user (except perhaps those who use an Exchange server- we don't, so I haven't explored this).

No wonder Nokia are in trouble.

Fortunately we are able to return the Lumia to the shop.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Actually there is a handful of people who keep bringing this up. If you feel you can't live with a fast, secure, convenient, hassle free and 24/7 live syncing of your contacts and calendars which will allow you access to your data anytime anywhere then Windows Phone is not for you. 

As indicated numerous time now, this has been well documented and not knowing this is more a matter of not informing yourself then anything else.

Sync of contacts and Calendar is trivial and easily setup after which you will not have to think about it again as it will maintain sync for you. How to do this is also well documented and very easy to do. Try the Pool Of Knowledge articles on this or use the search function. Nokia also provides a number of tools (as do others) free of charge to make the transfer painless and easy. If you do not know how to find these tools or do have questions on it feel free to ask, but a mindless and pointless rant will not solve anything.

Besides personal preference you can't make an argument against a live sync. Any possible excuse is basically without grounds and easily counterargued as has been done here numerous times by now.

Again, if you can't accept this you bought the wrongs phone, Millions of user worldwide beg to differ with the small number of ney sayers on this.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.