Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 800

zealous28

Nokia Lumia 800

Does anybody know how to transfer contacts from the phone itself to the SIM card? All my contacts are on the phone & I need them on the SIM to use the SIM in another phone.....cannot use this Lumia anymore...not user-friendly!!

Please help! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Nokia Lumia 800

Hi zealous28,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum..

Would you mind telling us what it is you find not user friendly about the Lumia 800. It could well be we will be able to provide you with answers which would make you think different.

Currently you can't copy contacts to the SIM but as you will have registered your Lumia with a LiveID you will find your contacts there. On your Windows PC or Mac go to http://contacts.live.com and login with your LiveID. From there select Manage>Export and a file will be downloaded to your computer with all your contact data. From there you should be able to use this file to import them into most other phone models.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions just ask!

Kosh 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
zealous28

Hi Kosh,

Thank you for your reply. I am going to try this. :smileyhappy:

Basically it just feels like the phone is only interested in music, videos and all kinds of funny apps. When I tried to export the contacts from the Lumia directly to my laptop my laptop didn't even recognise the phone - "hardware failure". And I'm running Windows 7....so I don't understand this.

Since I got the phone I wasn't even able to select a personalised ringtone or message tone. And the "loudness" of the phone just isn't there. I regularly miss calls because I didn;t hear the phone ringing.

The other problem I have noticed is that it seems that since I activated the e-mails on my phone, the battery life is much less. I basically have to charge every day. And I don't even us the phone to reply to mails (it's just to see what's happening, and also to control my staff from misusing the mails if I'm out of the office). 90% of the time I reply or forward via my laptop.

There are actually so many things that I am just not happy with....

Kind regards,

Zealous28

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi zealous28,

Thanks for your response.

Windows Phone does not synchronize contacts and calendars with your PC directly but with any EAS (Exchange Active Sync) server like Hotmail, gmail and MS Exchange. When you open a contact in the people hub it will show you to which service a contact is synced to but by default this would be Windows Live.

How you sync contacts and calendars is explained in detail in this article. You will also find a lot of information on http://windowsphone.com

By using Zune on the PC or the Window Phone connector on a Mac you can sync media files with your PC/Mac and perform system updates when available.

Currently it is possible to create, use and install custom ringtones for calls only. You will find more information o this here. You will also find a number of apps like ringtone maker in marketplace to make this process easier.

What is the current OS and Firmware version you are using? You can find these through Settings>About>more information. Some significant improvements on battery life have been made with recent updates and you might have to do a hard reset to fully utilize these. After you are sure you have all your data properly synced do a reset using Settings>About>reset your phone.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
zealous28

Thank you Kosh,

Let me try these tips and see what happens....:smileyhappy:

I'm usually good with setting up phones and these kind of things...but this little phone has really confused me (haha)!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Regards,

Zealous28

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Exchange mail is a much better way of backing up ansd syncing your contact and calendar information, all my hones stay in sync using it , and if i lose my phone, have a faulty sim or my computer crashes, I can still go buy anew phone and sim card and my new phone has all my contscts within minutes, whatever make or OS it is :smileyhappy:

WP is a very simple and intuitive OS, zune, imo, is awful, but it does what it does ok for me on Windows 7 and personalringtones can easily be added by simply changing the properties of a tone to make them appear in the ringtone list :smileyhappy:

http://pocketnow.com/windows-phone/how-to-make-custom-ringtones-for-windows-phone-mango

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.