Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 810 64GB MicroSDHC

BVRS
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 810 64GB MicroSDHC

I have the Sandisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC card mounted on the Lumia 810 and it does not appear to recognize it.  I tried both exFAT and NTFS formats, both does not seem to recogonize within the Windows Phone 8.  The Specs on the phone says the SD cards supports upto 64GB, while 64GB microSD brandnew though recognizes in the computer does not seem to work on the Windows Phone8.  Wondering if I am doing anything incorrect here are missing any.

Appreciate any help in resolving this. Thanks in advance.

BVR

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

Re: Nokia Lumia 810 64GB MicroSDHC

Is it exactly this one? http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=sr_1_1?i...
Facing Problems with it, too (but with lumia 820). I managed to make it being recognized, but had some crashes and freezing afterwards whereas an old 8 gb sandisk worked fine....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi guys,

According to the official Nokia specifications, the 810 doesn't support 64GB cards: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Lumia_810/

However, there have been reports of it working and not working on Windows Phone 8 phones (and older Symbian phones such as the Nokia N8). However, it isn't guaranteed, so if you have tried everything like formatting and the such, then perhaps it doesn't work and there is not much you can do about it unfortunately.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junok

This is the confirmation from Nokia USA Careline, read below the email.

Thank you for emailing Nokia USA Careline.

We appreciate your continuous support in Nokia. We understand that you want to know if 'SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card' is compatible with Nokia Lumia 810. We are more than happy to assist you with your concern. We would like to inform you that the said memory card is compatible with your hadnset. You can use it directly to your phone even you did not reformat.

Your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact them.

You may also call Nokia Careline at 1-888-665-4228 from Mondays to Fridays at 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST and on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST for immediate assistance.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Allanklw

so does this mean that 64gb SD card will be working well on Lumia 810?  Because i'm thinking to get one, but i'm not sure which one i should i get..

Please use plain text.
BVRS

Thanks all.   I agree,  adrianhuges is right here.  Beware,  the 64GB does not seem to work on Lumia 810 as the developer.nokia.com specs says. it support only 32GB.  I think the specs on Lumia 810 seems incorrect.  I bought a 32GB and tried that and it seems to work fine though.  And I don't think anything is wrong with my original 64GB as it just seems to work fine with other devices and computer.     Let me know if anyone has 64GB working fine with Lumia 810.  

Thanks,

BVR

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Yeah there have been reports of incompatibilties of even 32GB and 16GB microSD cards with the new batch of Nokia Windows Phone 8 devices. Possibly even the HTC as well. I think Microsoft are onto it, and will release an update in time to address the anomalies.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
junok

Latest Update:

Reference from Nokia Chat:

Windows Phone 8 devices support FAT file system for memory cards up to 32GB and ExFAT for 64gb memory card.

So, Format the micro sd card straight  to the phone and not in the pc or any device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
petercct

Had a very frustrating few weeks.

I have a Lumia 820. Bought a 32GB Class 10 Sandisk SD card. Problems from the word go - freezing / locking when trying to access / sync with computer. No problem wit the card (checked on other systems). After such a long time talking with various Nokia personnel: THeLumia 820 can only support MU 22 to MU 44. In other word old slow class 4 maximum cards! What a joke. Another Nokia person told me they were rushing out a firmware update to reslove the issue. So, at the moment I have a 'phon in which I cannot load a 'modern' fast SD card.

Any suggestion would be better than those I have so far had from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
jdefuria

My Lumia 822 would not recognize any micro SD card I threw at it.  64 GB Class 10 (SanDisk), 16 GB Class 4 (Kingston), and a couple others.  I tried formatting and reformatting in several different formats via the PC.  Usually (when formatted exFAT or FAT32), the card just isn't recognized at all by the phone.  (It says memory card not detected.)  Interestingly, if I format in NTFS, the phone immediately says the format is incompatible and then gives me the option to reformat directly on the phone.  I try that, and then after the format...it again doesn't recognize that a card is inserted.

I'm returning it for an exchange.  We'll see if it was a defective unit...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miguelito

So. Does Nokia monitor these forums and proivde expert answers? Or are we all here left to flounder on our own? I have a Nokia 810. I would like a definitive answer on whether I can add a Micro SD card. If so, how much memory can I add? And is there a specific brand or type I should buy for the best experience?

If Micro SD cards do not work with my Lumia 810, then why in the heck does the phone accept them?

And I would like instructions on how to use the Micro SD card.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
junok

hello miguelito,

here is the recommended micro sd memory card compatible to Lumia 810 from Sandisk website:

http://pct1.sandisk.com/DeviceList.aspx?mid=1013&dtid=6&hdnSiteID=1  , find Lumia 810, 32GB or 64GB Sandisk Ultra is available and take note the model number. About the instruction for sd card, look in your User Guide:

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/lumia810/  or watch video from https://setup.nokiausa.com/selfhelp/6

I advise you to be resourceful, it will be good for you, good luck and enjoy your Lumia 810.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miguelito

Thank you. I will purchase that micro sd card for my Lumia 810. I looked at the user guide and there is really nothing in there about using the micro SD. Hopefully, it is as easy as just adding the card and suddenly my phone will have more memory and I won't have to do any configuration or craziness. Also the video link you sent took me to a generic page of videos of which none talked about micro SD or adding memory.

Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

I wouldn't say it is harder than what you expect, but it may not be what you expect. Take a look at

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/basics/use-an-sd-card-to-add-space

You don't turn a 16G device into a 32G device with a 16G card*. You get a 16G device with 16G of additional media space. While it seems to prompt you first time, you do need to tell it to use that space for video/photos, and music specifically. Seems to be now support for other file types and certainly doesn't add to application space.

IMHO, unless you are a reall big music listener, or a prolific cell phone photographer/videograper, a big card is sort of a waste.

*WP7 did sort of just suck in the new memory and make it unified, for those few devices that even exposed that option. It had it's own issues though.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FJBeiderbecke

I am having a somewhat different issue.  The 64GB card (SanDisk) is recognized fine, but if I turn the bluetooth on and connect the phone locks.  Bluetooth without the card is fine, the card without bluetooth is fine.  Anyone else having this issue?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
th0mas96

I had tons of problems with the card, the worst: I couldn't copy media to it via pc. Then I reformatted it to fat32 with this simple tool: http://fat32-format.softonic.de

And it just works fine! After one month, I didn't have one reboot, video recording works as it should and only the music player lags a bit when calculating a shuffle playlist with 10000 songs :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
noiser

^ Re: Nokia Lumia 810 64GB MicroSDHC

^

what card do you have?

Please use plain text.
TheStigsCousin

Re: ^ Re: Nokia Lumia 810 64GB MicroSDHC

I am having problems with bluetooth in general but it may be related to SD card (I had a 64 GB card). Nokia support says that Lumia 810 doesn't (officially) support more than 32 GB class 4 cards. I just switched to a 32 GB card and I am gonna try using the phone with Bluetooth for a few days to see if that made a difference.

Please use plain text.
Dziku

I had frame skipping issue with my SanDisk Ultra 64GB (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) microSDXC Class 10 microSDHC. I have installed Portico update that T-Mobile released today and it seems the issue has disappeared so far. I had issue installing the update so I ended up restoring my phone to factory therefore I can't tell if it was the update or the reset that did the trick.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Assassin11B3P

I own a Nokia 822 and have purchased the SanDisk 64GB mSDXC card as mentioned in this post. My phone recognized it just fine and as long as i used it for music and pictures, everything was cool. As soon as I started using it for video, all heck broke loose. Every single video was corrupt and and huge playback issues.

There is another thread discussing this in more detail so I won't go too much farther in here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Hardware-Codes-and-Operator/Lumia-822-SD-Card-corrupting/m-p/1697340...

But I can tell you this: According to Nokia's spec page for the 822, it DOES SUPPORT this card. Looks like reality is a bit different.

Please use plain text.