Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 820/920 Notification light and low...

Contributor
josefr

Nokia Lumia 820/920 Notification light and low power screensaver

[ Edited ]

As the happy owner of Nokia 808Pureview i have the questions about the notification lights and low power screensaver. Does the 820 or 920 have this feature? I'm very use to use the always on display clock to check time and missed calls/messages. I found this very useful during night etc. It's not necessary to always unlock the phone... I know WP7.5 missed this feature but what about Lumia WP8? If this has still not been implemented, it's very step backwards for Nokia. I thing lot of customers are used to this function...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Lumia 820/920 Notification light and low power screensaver

[ Edited ]

No.. The Notification light feature is not available on these devices too ..

..but have read on this Forum that the suggestion has been forwarded thru' proper channel already ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The notification light using one of the three light at the bottom of the screen has been suggested to Microsoft. No idea if they will adopt it or not.

There is no low power screen saver. Large displays use a lot of power even if there is only a little shown on the screen. However, someone was saying the other day that there is however a clock app available in Marketplace that keeps the screen on to use as a clock overnight. I don;t have the name of the app but I am sure it wont be too difficult to find in the Marketplace. It will have a significant effect on battery life.

You can send suggestions to Microsoft using the link below.

windowsphone.uservoice.com 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Munibullah

"The notification light using one of the three light at the bottom of the screen has been suggested to Microsoft. No idea if they will adopt it or not."
Just what I was looking for. Windows logo would be awesome to use for this feature.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Then vote for it HERE

Please use plain text.
sirles

I also found it very annoying that there are no notification lights and no low power saver screen with clock, like my old E7, I tried the Lumia clock from B.B.APE but it made the phone very hot and after a while it switched it of and i had to reboot.

The other thing I do not like is that there is not a link from an address in calender to Nokia Drive. Regards Sir Les

Please use plain text.