Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 900 File Transfer

Perdana
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 900 File Transfer

Does anybody know how to transfer office files into Nokia Lumia 900 directly without going through the Microsoft skydrive / sharepoint. Zune doesn't allow transfer of office documents.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Nokia Lumia 900 File Transfer

Hi Perdana,

Thanks for your question and welcome!

You can open Office files on your Lumia Windows Phone by attaching them to a mail and opening these on the phone or copying them to your SkyDrive from where they also can be opened. Also Office 356 files should be available instantly as they are stored in the cloud by default.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You could also try emailing the files to your phone or other dropbox type apps. Office 365 may be worth considering if you ise it regularly. There are other ways which will result in the invalidation of your warranty so not recommended.

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

If you use Dropbox, you can use BoxFiles. There is a free version and a paid version.

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

[ Edited ]

I think the OP is really asking how to transfer document files DIRECTLY from his PC to his phone without going through a Cloud service or emailing to himself. It is not possible with WP7.5.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roshanzune

No.. There is no direct way to transfer 'non-multimedia' files from PC to windows phone.
Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Exactly this is coming in Windows Phone 8.
Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Please use plain text.
Perdana

Thats a pity for this phone - i have confidential information docs that i dont want to be uploaded to microsoft cloud nor over network - thats why needing the direct transfer.

Is there any 3rd party apps that can do this in the market place?

Also, will nokia provide firmware upgrade to windows 8 for this phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roshanzune

[ Edited ]

Not all multimedia files on the PC can be transferred to windows phone via Zune. 

Moderators notes: Inaccurate statement removed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

Perdana wrote:
Also, will nokia provide firmware upgrade to windows 8 for this phone.

As already announced back in June and discussed to death in this very section of the forum - no, it will not.

This is what you will get instead:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Great-news-for-all-current-Lumia-Windows-Ph...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LaMotherFoca

Please use plain text.