Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 Freeze\Crash\Auto restart. Battery...

GianClaude87

Nokia Lumia 920 Freeze\Crash\Auto restart. Battery inside the phone moving.

Good eveningmorning to every one.
i would like to kindly ask few information about the warranty handle way that you have here in Poland. 
I buy a Nokia Lumia 920 at the end of December 2012, for the first 2 weeks the mobile was working fine. But now since couple of weeks the mobile is not longer working well. The mobile never fall on the ground or got any kind of hit that could possibly effect his operation way, and it can be easy seen once you have it on hand.

It restart his self alone without any my command, it get very very hot on the top left side on the back where is situated the Snapdragon S4 processor and when it become too hot it restart his self. I'm aware that it's normal the mobile get's hot but it become to much hot that is not even comfortable anymore to keep it on the hands. Several time when i switch the WIFI off it just freeze and does not give anymore response, the only way to make it work is make a soft reset. 
The battery inside the phone begin to move and every time the mobile is moved on hands it's extremely annoying feel that shaking of the battery.

All this is happening before and after the main last windows phone 8 update. I have personally tested other Lumia 920 with younger manufacturing release date and they do not have those issues. This is 600 euro mobile, and is not acceptable have all this issue. I'm working for a company that work for Microsoft project related also to Windows 8 and Windows phone project, and i do really need that mobile to work well as i constantly need to keep on track mails and communication with management, for that reason i'm not able to sent the mobile on warranty for weeks.

On this website Nokia i read about the possibility to get a mobile in exchange for the one i have not well working. I went to the Nokia costumer care here in the center of Warsaw and they simply told me that they don't know anything about that opportunity and that they can try fix the mobile.

I'm really concerned and angry that a mobile of less than 2 months of life and use has already a need of be fixed. So i'm here now writing to in order to gather information and see if we can find a solution at this problem. I kindly ask you to answer with some clear information and a possible solution.

Kind regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Freeze\Crash\Auto restart. Battery inside the phone moving.

Technically speaking, you should be able to return to the retailer you bought the phone from and get your phone exchanged. It is up to them to then pursue Nokia for a warranty claim. 

Under European law the retailer are responsible for the products sold by them and not the manufacturer. Although, most retailers will try and convince us otherwise and deny that they have any responsibility once they have sold the product and will point you in the direction of the manufacturer.

Please use plain text.
GianClaude87

Ok, Than, what can be done in the case that i buy the phone in Italy and i'm living and working in Poland?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

sorry to hear of your troubles. obviously, you will need to liaise with Nokia Care and the retailer that you bought the phone from, regarding warranties / replacements etc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

GianClaude87 wrote:

Ok, Than, what can be done in the case that i buy the phone in Italy and i'm living and working in Poland?

Nokia has EU-wide warranty which covers all handsets sold in EU market and they can be serviced free of charge in any other EU country. So you are 100% OK with regard to manufacturer's warranty.

With regard to returning to retailer, clearly in your case it is a bit of a problem.

In any case, Nokia Care do not and never have automatically replaced faulty handsets with new ones. You will have to submit it for repair and if the service point is unable to fix the phone they will then provide a replacement.

Please use plain text.