Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Random Notification Sounds

Advisor
gotnoid

Nokia Lumia 920 Random Notification Sounds

HI I have a Lumia 920, in the last couple of days I get some notification kind of sounds from the phone, there are no toast notifications or tile alerts. Just the sounds, its very frustrating on an other wonderful experience.

Please help 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

hi gotnoid, welcome to the board.

could you elaborate a bit?

maybe you could go through the sound settings on your device and listen to each one until you can determine what sound it is and at least report that here and maybe we can help.

just a random noise sounds like....( ).............here on the board! and its not very loud either :smileywink: so it would be hard to try and help you.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeftCoastBC

Im also getting these random noises too, I've looked through all of my settings and cant find any audio file that matches it.

it sounds like.... uhhhh.... i dunno, i can only descrie it as a spinning ticking/pinging noise, but it sounds nice, its not jarring at all and it isnt very loud... it sounds like it should be a notification for a text or voice mail, but i cant find where it comes from. The first few times it happened was at the same time as my regular text message noise, but now it happens randomly, sometimes when I unlock, and sometimes after sending a text. Its super annoying. ill try to catch a recording of it, but honestly, it is no where to be found on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeftCoastBC

New Description... it sounds like Tiny Bubbles...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TobyGadd

Could it be Nokia Drive operating in the background?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeftCoastBC

I installed it, but had never run it. Im playing around with Drive now to see if i can find the same noise.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeftCoastBC

Huh... so I tried to NFC some stuff to some friends with Android Devices (which didn't work) and suddenly my phone started to make the noise fairly consistently, although not 100%.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LeftCoastBC

[ Edited ]

I figured it out. I put my Phone on my Wallet when i sit at my desk. Inside my wallet is a credit card with PayPass (an NFC chip) in it... so whenever it came close to that card it played the "NFC detected Noise"

I can now duplicate this noise by holding my credit card up to the back of my phone. Kinda interesting.

See this post for an example. http://www.auswinphone.com/?p=9945

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawood85

it could be a Whatsapp Application, i faced that in my lumia 920 that i got notification, when i open the whatsapp there are nothing !
but i have to open it and wait for max. 10 seconds then it will show it!
Please use plain text.
podavies

That was driving me crazy.
I didn't realise that every time I rested it on my wallet it started making that noise.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

A loss of signal could be another reason.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vancey

inAlso in addition to this, can I stop the notification popping up on my front screen??? I need to stop them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

No you cant turn off toast notifications

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gotnoid

It was the NFC in my wallet time too
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Grodnok0313

LUMIA 920 sound is muted while playing games, seems speaker phone off while also playing music

LUMIA 920 sound is muted while playing  games, seems speaker phone off while also playing music. It was all working a couple days ago and some how it changed . When playing games there is no sound from the phone speakers also if I try to listen to music with the phone speaker there is no sound. I can plug speker and hear music   and use the speaker phone to talk .. but can not find why I have no sound from the phone when playing games. If any one has a solution for this please help. Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tambyq

remove any magnatic card from touching the phone, example hotel room key or credit card. The best solution turn off ur NFC and you won't hear the sound again.

hope this would work

Please use plain text.