Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Speakers Not Working

Contributor
aadeshgandhi
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 Speakers Not Working

Hello  All,

I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 yesterday evening and I am still in the process of discovering the phone. Sometime this morning the speakers stopped working completly, there is a similar thread and it calls for a phone restart which I did but still I am not able to hear the audio thru speakers. 

I tried to stream music, play youtube vidoes, record a video and play it back, put an alarm etc but nothing works. Can someone help me on this one. 

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you check with increasing the Volume ..? Hope its not on the Minimum ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aadeshgandhi

Yes, I checked that.. Tried it at 15, 20, 25 and all the way up till 30 as well.... The video that I recorded sounds fine when I played it on my laptop.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aadeshgandhi

Any thought guys? Would it be the case that my speaker is fried cause I had the volume up @ 30?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Since the phone is just a bout a day old, presumably you do not have much applications installed or other data on the phone..so you may first try resetting the device (Settings-->About-->Reset the phone ..). If problem remains, you may return the phone to the point of purchase or get the device inspected by a Nokia Care technician ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aadeshgandhi

Yup, I got it replaced frm atnt store yday since it was just a day old. thanks for the help!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gazza14

the loudspeaker on my 920 works when playing games but when I play music i can only just hear it. Has any one come across the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi Gazza,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? if this doesn't work, then follow the advice given by Farby in Message 5 of this thread we are currently in.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frank_a_bernie

Hi, I am having a problem where my phone stays in headphone mode even when I don't have headphones on. Meaning, I am not able to hear any sounds from the speakers at all. It only recently done it once I had done a firmware upgrade from nokia. For some reason, I can not downgrade the phone either to factory specs has to when I received it meaning I am stuck with the firmware installed on it. I have tried soft reset, hard reset, and change settings and uninstalled apps to see if anything had a conflict with it with no success.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rugene

I have the same problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fallaknazz

I have the same issue, this Nokia Lumia 920 is completely under expectations...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fallaknazz

Every few days I am having this issue, I can not run the music using speakers, always I need to restart the phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

please follow the advice given earlier in this thread....if you are still encountering problems even after a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone), you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support

P.S. before performing a hard reset, please backup all personal data first to PC and/or online storage first, as this type of reset wipes all personal data.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HardCode

I bought by lumia 920 yesterday and speaker worked fine before I did the system update. But now my speakers are not working at all. I did the soft reset and hard reset, sill no luck!

Here is my..

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware revision number: 1232.5957.1308.0000

Please help me, I love Nokia windows phone, I hope someone can resolve this issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eegorr

TAKE IT BACK! Nokia might get the message if they start getting hardware back. I wish I could take mine back.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HardCode

eegorr wrote:
TAKE IT BACK! Nokia might get the message if they start getting hardware back. I wish I could take mine back.

Well, I send an email to Nokia care. Lets see what happens.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joyce58

I had the same issue. I tried turning off the phone and even tried changing the settings for ear buds but it didn't work. Then I went under blue tooth and noticed that my Bluetooth was connected for both voice and music. I couldn't change that... It's a little annoying but I have to turn off Bluetooth connection to listen to music or anything else on the phone. Hope this helps somebody else!
Please use plain text.