Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 Will Not Lock

Bazz0r

Nokia Lumia 920 Will Not Lock

Hello,

there appears to be a bug with either Windows Phone 8 or the Nokia Lumia 920 whereby the phone will intermittently not lock. For example, after placing a call and pressing the power button to lock the phone, the lock sound is played but the phone does not lock correctly it stays on the Start screen. This has also been reported on the following website:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/210391-nokia-lumia-920-wont-lock.html

Is it possible this could be logged as a product bug? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Will Not Lock

Hello @Bazz0r,

Does reboot help you, at least for a while? What I'd do is, after backing up my photos and videos, go to Settings-> about-> reset your phone.

Hope this helps,

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Bazz0r

Hi Vvanio,

thanks for the reply. A soft reset does resolve the issue for a short time, I have also tried a hard reset which also works however only for a short period of time, leaving me to belive this is a software related issue. I assume all users currently have this problem? Thanks.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

No such problem for me to date.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

[ Edited ]

Never faced such problem....perhaps some external app causing that issue? if it occurs regularly then contact your nearest nokia care to get it replaced http://www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Bazz0r

Hello,

the phone is only a few days old, I have not installed any custom applications onto the handset as of yet. I also have an issue whereby the call forwarding icon persistantly displays at the top of the screen if I make a call that is either not answered or goes to the recipients voicemail. Both issues are cleared following a soft reset, so it appears to be a software issue.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandartd

Same issue here. I have two Nokia Lumia 920s, both unlocked (one from US and other from Dubai)

The screen does not sleep or go off after a call on both of them. Nokia / MS please help.

I am from Mumbai, India.

Thanks
Mandar
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mateys,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? also check that you are up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system app updates in the Store.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
jasmr

I am in Australia (unlocked phone with Telstra) and I have a similar but opposite problem. After finishing a call the screen stays blanked and I can't end the call. If I hit the off button and then on again the end call screen flashes up quickly and if I am really quick I can sometimes manage to end the call. Once the call is ended (particularly if the other person hangs up) the phone behaves normally again. I have done several soft resets but am reluctant to do a factory reset - I don't want to have to set it all up again (just remembered I think there is a save settings to computer feature) will try that and report back.

None the less this is a frustrating fault and it seems like it might be a software problem to me because the first month or so there was not a problem. This just recently started (maybe after an update?).

Apart from this problem I think this is a superior product.

Hopefully this will be reported as a software bug.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maximumboost

I am having the same issue. After being powered on for about a week or so the phone lock button suddenly stops working which is highly annoying. This is my second lumia 920 and both have done the same thing. Definitely feels like a bug of some kind in the software.

Powering off the phone fixes the issue temporarily, but eventually it occurs again. Seems like grounds for a return. Three strikes and you're out nokia.

1. Failed LCD backlight on the screen. Phone was replaced.

2. Faulty Charger. Charger was replaced.

3. Phone will not lock. Let's see if Telstra will give me my money back or let me exchange the phone for something else.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maximumboost

I received my lumia 920 back from service:

Service Details: Software upgraded / loaded, checked main PCB, performed RF tuning, re-aligned connectors, reset manufacturer specifications.

Let see if that fixes any of the button lock issues. There may be some private firmware / OS updates that are not available to the public as yet for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maximumboost

My POS nokia lumia 920 died 2 days after I got it back from repair. I can't turn it on anymore and it's not charging so who knows what is wrong with the thing.

I'm having a hard time getting Telstra to refund my money. Nokia hardware seems to be hopeless.

Please use plain text.