Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 Wireless Charging Query

Counsellor
markking26
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 Wireless Charging Query

Has anyone had experience yet with wireless charging? I am hesitating to purchase a wireless plate as I have my phone within a leather safety case. Has anybody been able to charge their phone wirelessly while the phone is inside a case? Or will it only work in its original condition i.e. no case at all. If anyone has any info it would be great.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Although I haven't got a leather case, I experimented by putting my 920 into my wifes leather handbag then placing it onto my charging plate and the phone started to charge. 

So I reckon you'll be fine with a leather case.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
markking26

Thanks Ray, sounds like it would certainly work. I don't think id be putting it into my fiancees bag though, i wouldn't get it back! Ha Thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check THIS

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LadyX3

I have wondered about this too, I have a plastic case on my phone and forgot to take it off when I put it on the charging plate, my phone didn't charge at all and the indicator light didn't come on either , the directions for the charging plate says that nothing should be between the phone and the plate, had dramas with the charging plate last week as it wouldn't work and the phone and the charging plate got very hot , but the weather was very very hot also, in the low 40s, and I am sure this was the culprit for this happening, hate to think what might have happened if I had had a cover on the phone, maybe nothing, but wont risk it again. Again  in the directions for the plate it says if it all gets hot , to take phone off and let everything cool down, which I did. Haven't had any trouble since. Am not sure about the charging stand or the pillow , maybe these are different, and I find it annoying to have to take the cover off to charge the phone, after watching the video above, think I should have got the pillow or stand.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Works perfectly fine for me. In fact I had used it just twice and then kept it aside when I fitted the Naked Shell to my Nokia Lumia 920 thinking every time I need to charge thru' it I need to remove the shell. Just today I came across the article mentioned above and used it again. No issues at all. It charged from 5% to 100% in about 2-1/2 hours ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LadyX3

Sounds good to me, where did you get the Naked shell from , maybe I need to get one, cause I hate taking this plastic case off to charge this phone ,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Got it thru' eBay, India ..Just Google for it ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LadyX3

Thank you so much, will check this out,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Mine works fine with a gel case ,no issues.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

I too have a 920 along with the rest of the blokes here, and put my 920 in a pair of jocks and it charges fine (the jocks were perfectly clean and washed in case anyone wondered).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
arman9785

I have both Nokia wireless stand and plate and my Lumia 920 has been charging with both of them while covered by a  Nillkin hard cover in the back of phone , that is charge area,although I wrote somewhere  that nothing should not locate between charging area and caharger plate. I usually charge my phone in this way without any problem and easier than usual charging system

Please use plain text.