Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 carrier unlocked

Registered Member
AndreNobrega
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 carrier unlocked

I want to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 unlocked but I really cant figure out where and when will it be possible to do it!!! By December in Chicago is it possible? or in the UK?? I think this is the hardest information to get in the universe! :smileysad:
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 carrier unlocked

Looks like there are exclusive deals with AT&T in US and EE in UK but no idea how long for. Best bet for earliest sim free unlocked handsets will be online retailers who will probably be stocking euro sim free units. Best to keep an eye on their websites for more accurate timing. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm having the same issues too since I want to get a Lumia 920 for T-mobile. It looks like NOKIA has bowed down to the carriers and no longer sell unlocked phones themselves. I'm on T-Mobile and figured I'd be able to find an unlocked Lumia 920 on NOKIA's website but the site will just send you to ATT. It was through NOKIA that I bought my unlocked N95-3. I'm reading online that ROGERS Lumia 920 version will be PENTA band with the AWS bands that will work with T-Mobile 3g/4g signals. And that ROGERS will sell it unlocked for around $600. Online sellers are selling unlocked Lumia 920 at $700+ or at $800 but ATT is selling theirs unlcoked at $499.99 too. Just dissappointed to see NOKIA no longer sell unlcoked phones themselves as how they used to. And in actuallity it seems like its been harder to find unlocked phones online since all the online retailers now seems to send you to a site that will just sell bundled phones with services.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
McCrunch

The 920 that AT&T sells is not unlocked. AT&T will refuse to unlock them for you until the exclusivity is over.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i agree with you, In zimbabwe we can't buy this phone becoz its unavailable in the country. No network in Zmbabwe offers those contracts which are offered by other networks in other countries.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
StylishReBel

Actually ludaw94, I verified with AT&T corporate to see if  their Nokia Lumia 920 & even the 820 for the price of $449.00 is sold as unlocked they stated no :crying:... thats only the full retail price of the devicelocked onto their network HSPA, but if you want it to be unlocked, unfortunately:smileysad: they are unable to unlock it for you but you are able to bring it to other locations to unlock it for you for less than $30

Please use plain text.
dudamuniz

when Lumia 920 will be available unlocked in retail stores (U.S.)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Unlocked phones will be available once the exclusivity arrangement ends. There are rumours its going to be 6 months but this has not been confirmed.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arupriya

can the phone from at&t usa be unlocked if i re-install the phone software from nokia care in india

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

No and you will lose your warranty.

Please use plain text.
yongeshang

I've bought one from amazon wireless,but I found it do not work with any other sim card except at&t...Non-contract don't means unlocked?...I deeply regret.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi yongeshang,

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

Non-contract doesn't really mean that the phone is unlocked or generic. It could mean that the phone is locked however, it is on prepaid or pay as you go. I would suggest that you contact Amazon to coordinate with AT&T for the unlock code.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wenda

amazon say theirs is not locked (on live chat) is this true?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wenda

Is the 6 months up do we know?

Please use plain text.