Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 - doesn't recognize Ymail acco...

Ralisa
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 - doesn't recognize Ymail account

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've just switched from android to w8 and I am having problems adding my YMAIL account to my Nokia Lumia 920. When I add a regular yahoo account it works great, but apparently, it doesn't know that you can have an [at]ymaildotcom e-mail so I was wondering if anyone can explain to me what I have to do as I couldn't find info on the web for my specific problem.

When I try to add it, it says that it doesn't have the settings for the account I have just entered. At one point last night I did manage to add it.. in a way, but when it started syncing, it never ever finished :smileyhappy: I then deleted it and tried again but with no luck..

Also, in addition, if anyone knows if or how you can make your tiles different colors as I saw in pictures online, I would appreciate a tip as well.

Thank you for your time :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ralisa

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 - doesn't recognize Ymail account

Just wanted to say I solved it by manually introducing some settings for yahoo mail that I found online.
Please use plain text.
JJSw

Where did you find the settings?  Did you add them in the advanced settings?  I am having the same problem. 

Strange part is my Ymail has worked for 3 months and I just starting have this not reccognizing problem.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Set up your Ymail account under Settings > email+accounts > Add an account > Advance setup then use this mail server settings

Yahoo! Mail Settings

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)
    Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

POP Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings

Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ozbumblebee

these settings got mine working. ty ty ty ty ty ty ty :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tinman2013

I have made these settings and the account syncs. I receive me emails but went I try to send an email it has errors and until I go into my outbox and delete the email trying to be sent. This is becoming very disappointing. I probably will not buy Nokia again
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
July27

Worked for me also!

Thank's a lot for the tip!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hdastoor

Incoming : winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1

Outgoing:  winmo.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465:1