Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 freezing

Registered Member
MajorSlacker

My 920 also froze up the other day while it was connected to the Bluetooth in my car. I broke the Bluetooth connection using the car's interface and my phone resumed normal activity.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UFGator1977

[ Edited ]

I received my phone from AT&T via Fedex last Saturday(11/10/2012) and experienced my first freeze after paring it with a Plantronics M25 Bluetooth head set. The phone froze in the midst of a conversation and then shut off requiring a soft reset. It also shut itself off overnight and required another soft reset to get it back. I have turned off the bluetooth headset and turned off bluetooth on th phone to see if this makes a difference as this was the only change I have made to the phone.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Gator

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AndreKnight

I got my 920 on launch day from ATT.  Within 10 minutes of leaving the store the phone locked up completely.  Had to do a hard reset.  The whole night and part of the next day i had nothing but problems with freezes and locking up, apps not loading, and other problems.  Brought it back to ATT and exchanged.  The second phone also started freezing up and the start button wouldn't work half the time.  Took the second phone back as well and exchanged for my third, which luckily i haven't had a single issue with yet.  I have had it for 2 days now and i am not having any problems what so ever.  Finally.  :smileysad:  Still waiting for ATT to get shipment of charging plates that i am supposed to get for free with my renewel of my contract.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Manthena

Hi,

I have my lumia 920 from AT&T for the past 1 week. As of now I dont see any freezing issues, but I do see a very rapid battery drain issues. In morning after a full charge I see the battery at 100%. By afternoon the battery level falls down to 40 - 50 % without any major activity. Both NFC and location services are disabled. Please let us know when can we expect a fix on this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
motomofo

After 4 hard locks with nothing running and hte phone just sitting there, I took it back to AT&T and got a replacement.  If it continues I'm saying goodbye to this phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UFGator1977

According to AT&T, the charging plates are back-ordered and will ship as soon as possible. No date was given.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
robertstjohnd

had my lumia 920 form EE uk delivered 16th november 2012, i have had constant problems with screen freeze /software lock up, i have hard reset the phone too many times to mention, it no matter what you do make a call recive a call download apps it frezes,i have paired it with my car via bluetooth ford cmax 2012 it locks up or restarts, whilts downloading apps it freezes, whilts swiping from the main start screen to apps it freezes.

it is also worth noting that the time and and day keeps changing requiring to go into setting and re calibrate the time both with auto time set and manual time set. it droped a call or should i say froze to my network provider mid call noting that the time change ws not going up depite the call showing as active, thankfully this was noted wit EE and they recorded it and called me back on a back up number on another handset.

now dont get me wrong i have used windows phones from way ago and my other phone is a windows phone 7.5 i have had no problems with this at all!.

the saving grace was my call to EE's tech support who have arranged for my phone to be replaced, i must add that the network does not seem to be the problem as i have 4g signal strength at max while the phone is working, i am hoping this is a problem that can be fixed for other users either by a software patch or replacment phone, however i anticipate the arival of the replacment phone as i hope this will not give me any problems.:blink:

Please use plain text.
Netstatinfo

I had mine since 11/9/2012 also and have several accounts all push, I have no issues with accounts nor random freezes or bad battery life

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bufflo

I've had two freezes requiring a soft reset.  Not too big of a problem.  But, I would like to see a fix.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dethzilla

Got mine on Nov 10. It freezes quite often... I've noticed that if I turn off my Bluetooth device that's paired with it it unfreezes. I've also noticed that when Bluetooth is turned off my battery lasts way long. It drains very very quickly with Bluetooth on. I think the freezing and battery drain is a Bluetooth issue.
Please use plain text.
srcayano

I have my Nokia Lumia 920 for a week and I was getting a few freezes but since yesterday I am getting black screen when I open apps and connect Bluetooth. Soft reset required to get phone back. No impressed with battery life.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zacadebo

Got my 920 last Thursday on T-Mobile in the UK. Had loads of issues with the screen locking up or putting random characters/touches in on its own.

I returned it two days later and got a new one. This one seems a lot better although it has to go back as well when they get more stock, there's marks under the screen.

Please use plain text.
Jrockrodgers

Have a Att 920. turned off my phone and did a soft restart this morning and now the phone is stuck on the nokia splash screen. 

How do I get the phone to boot?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Try a reboot by pressing and holding the vol down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates. Could take a while.

Please use plain text.
Jrockrodgers

I did that, now I'm back up and running. however on a followup soft shut down/reboot check...the phone locked up on the nokia splash screen again. Did a hard reset, all seems to be ok. I don't have to many apps on the phone just yet. I turned off all the background tasks (Drive/ NFC / Nav) before the initial problem...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
UFGator1977

As a follow up to my previous post; it has to be the bluetooth headset. I had to do another soft reboot this morning. I had no issues with it all day while I was using the phone but as soon as it sat for an extended time with no use(overnight), it shut down again. The true test will be tonight when I leave it without the bluetooth headset on to see what happens tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
okman5

Have exactly same problems with both my original Lumia 920 and a replacement phone. Both phones freezes when connected the Bluetooth if the music player is not already running in the background on the phone. Can reproduce it easily. However, if the WP 8 music player is running, it rarely freezes. 

I also have issues with the phone (both my original and my replacement phone) crashing when using Bluetooth audio/music streaming, answering a phone call and then going back to  Bluetooth music streaming after the phone call is complete. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
robertstjohnd

ok today i managed to have the time to take a good look into the problem of the phone freezing and reseting, firstly i decided to do a hard reboot using the combination of presses recomended by various forums ,it would not work! just soft reset, i decided to go into settings and do a factory reset.

the phone at this point was only set up to me network provider and my wifi NO apps were installed other than that that came preinstalled idid not update nokia drive as this is still in beta stage.

firstly setting the time correctly (manually) to gmt, i synced my email via outlook and it gave me no problems revciving and sending mail.

my callander was updated no problems. left it alone for a few hours did not watch over it but noticed the time had changed so i am suspecting it did reboot.

i recived a missed call during this prosses?

started playing with the phone swiping to apps bang it froze!

soft reset later turned off nfc was using the phone again swiping to apps it froze again. it is worth saying that the only conectivity at these points were the network provider and wifi no bluetooth running and no apps running in the background strong signal 4g network.

i had also delibratley left the setup to face book off or i had not signed in for it to use the people hub!

so a factory reset phone still gave me screen lockup and reboot problems the phone is going back in its box and i await a replacment cannot do with the head ache created by my continued attempts to make it stable and usable!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
roohan

[ Edited ]

Just a little update. I reset my phone to factory setting one week ago because it was freezing everyday. After that I had no problem with the phone the whole week, no freezes and everything fine. Yesterday I installed an App again I had installed before I reset my Nokia. Well, this morning I had to reset my Nokia again. So for me it seems that this is really a problem on the application side and not on the hardware side. Maybe old Windows Phone 7 Apps which "should" run under windows phone 8 but did not get enough testing. I mean it seems wierd to me that the phone had no problem for the whole week because I installed almost no Apps to test its behaviour. I install an old App again and bang it freezes again. And I would not focus on Apps running in the background because Apps could also not shut down as cleanly as they should and so on.

And on a side note, thats the bad thing about mobile operating systems. You do not have any Log Files to investigate why your phone is crashing. At least you could have a little chance to get some information why your phone crashed. I really hope for an update for the windows phone 8.

Please use plain text.
Vaccano

Just bought the 920 today. It has frozen 4 times in about as many hours of use. It is going back to the store. I will stay with my iPhone till a solid windows phone 8 device comes along.
Please use plain text.