Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 freezing

Advisor
Rienkie

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. I've send it to the repair center and they are analyzing the problem.

lumia 920 freezing prob;
imei 35414905125xxxx

This is my second lumia, the first one did not had the freezing problem, but the proximity sensor did not worked.

lumia 920 proximity sensor prob(no freezing);

imei 35414905194xxxx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bommi

More of my IMEI: 35414905166****

My phone data package is 21Mbps, and I have only seen H or H+ icons. It's plenty fast for my needs, and having unlimited data transfer matters more to me.

According to my service provider (DNA) the slowest 4G connection they offer is 50 Mbps, and fastest 100 Mbps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

Thanks Bommi, I'm compiling a log to see if there is any correlation between the freezing issue and IMEI numbers. I'll report a summary on here when I have some more inputs. If anyone else would like to add their IMEI  and state if they have the freezing issue or not and any other useful info about useage i.e. BT, WLAN apps etc. it would help to build up the picture.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

hulkkii wrote:

Mine rebooted/froze still again, did the fix again now.

Btw. What kind of IMEIs do you guys have as a number after 35414905?

Mine is 35414905-126xxxx..

Just wondering, because we (at work) bought 6 Lumia 920s at the same time, and three of them had this freezing/rebooting issue.

The three that have never froze/rebooted have the latter imei part over 550k and those three that had issues had imei number below 550k (like mine 126...)

Two of them were taken back for repair. One came back from repair already and seems ok now (only tested 2 days though).

I'm starting to think that it is some kind of hw issue after all and maybe I'll take mine back for repair.

any chance of getting all the IMEI numbers and a summary for each Hulkii?

Please use plain text.
Fernic

So I exchanged my first phone (IMEI 5344xxx) and got my replacement today (IMEI 5342xxxx); I'll let you know how this one goes.

Before exchanging I enabled everything again (auto clock, find phone) and was manually rebooting the phone and my phone didn't freeze. I woke up this morning and it was not frozen either, which is a big plus.

My phone did freeze once yesterday when applying Amazing Weather HD's lock screen. I applied it and the phone was still working but my music stopped. Once I pressed the power button, its was over, froze and would not wake.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

That the music stopped is normal. Amazing Weather HD uses the same media playback features as the music player, and they can only serve one application at a time.

Go into Amazing Weather HD, tap on the 3 dots in the bottom-right corner and then on "settings". Then in the "App theme" drop-down, select either "Dark theme" or "Light theme" with Metro UI. This will prevent Amazing Weather HD from using the fancy HD features that step on the music player's toes.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Uuno

So, I just got my Lumia 920 back from service (was freezing). I plugged in the charger, turned it on and left it for the night. In the morning - it was frozen. It only took them two weeks not to fix it...

IMEI: 3541xxxx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hulkkii

hillsrob wrote:

126xxx - freezing

20xxxx - freezing

535xxx - freezing

55xxxx - NOT freezing

6xxxxx - NOT freezing

6xxxxx - NOT freezing

and here is some list I found from some other forums:

0392 freeze
0399 freeze
0409 freeze
0423 NOT freeze
0446 NOT freeze
0757 freeze
1079 freeze
1091 freeze
1093 freeze
1094 freeze
1097 freeze
1113 freeze
1267 NOT freeze
1301 freeze
1419 freeze
1463 freeze
1529 freeze
1534 freeze
1733 freeze
1736 freeze
1830 freeze
1847 freeze
1954 freeze
1968 freeze
2449 freeze
2515 freeze
2528 freeze
2992 NOT freeze
4051 freeze
35414805-5287xx NOT freeze
5287 NOT freeze

Seems like there are more freezing ones with lower imeis (0-200), so the newer/bigger the imei/serial the better chance that yours works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

Uuno wrote:

So, I just got my Lumia 920 back from service (was freezing). I plugged in the charger, turned it on and left it for the night. In the morning - it was frozen. It only took them two weeks not to fix it...

IMEI: 3541xxxx

.... and that's what I'm afraid of. Unless they can tell me what they are going to do with it, mine is not going back for repair.

Please could we see some more digits of your IMEI Uuno, They all start with 3541 :smileyhappy: Everything but the last 4 digits would be good.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hillsrob

hulkkii wrote:

hillsrob wrote:

126xxx - freezing

20xxxx - freezing

535xxx - freezing

55xxxx - NOT freezing

6xxxxx - NOT freezing

6xxxxx - NOT freezing

and here is some list I found from some other forums:

0392 freeze
0399 freeze
0409 freeze
0423 NOT freeze
0446 NOT freeze
0757 freeze
1079 freeze
1091 freeze
1093 freeze
1094 freeze
1097 freeze
1113 freeze
1267 NOT freeze
1301 freeze
1419 freeze
1463 freeze
1529 freeze
1534 freeze
1733 freeze
1736 freeze
1830 freeze
1847 freeze
1954 freeze
1968 freeze
2449 freeze
2515 freeze
2528 freeze
2992 NOT freeze
4051 freeze
35414805-5287xx NOT freeze
5287 NOT freeze

Seems like there are more freezing ones with lower imeis (0-200), so the newer/bigger the imei/serial the better chance that yours works :smileyhappy:

Great work hulkkki :smileyhappy:

And here is a summary of feedback so far from this thread:

35414905-125xxxx Freezing
35414905-146xxxx Freezing
35414905-166xxxx NOT Freezing
35414905-194xxxx NOT Freezing
35414905-234xxxx Freezing
35414905-264xxxx Freezing
35414905-344xxxx Freezing

I've excluded your's in this list so as not to double count it.

Of course we would expect mostly freezing phones from this thread. It's interesting that some with quite low numbers do not freeze. That could be down to use scenarios.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Might as well add mine to the list:

35414905-013xxxx NOT Freezing (was a replacement model I got last week, my previous one died).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nahaz

Some of us are having the same issues in Australia as the rest of you.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2018751&p=101

As you can see, over 100 pages in this thread. Somebody needs to figure this problem out.

IMEI: 3546200500XXXXX

Please use plain text.
Advisor
amdhunter

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add that I contacted support again about my issue.

I explained how I couldn't use any Bluetooth devices with my phone, and he kindly suggested that I turn off Bluetooth and see if that fixes the problem with the audio streaming.

I hung up.

I've contacted my local news station here in NY with a recording of their support, video of my problem,  and the various threads across the web, including this one.  If you guys can follow up with local news agencies, it would be great.  There are thousands of us who are paying real money for something that can't be reliably used.

Moderator's note: This post was edited. Email address was removed. For any concern regarding your Nokia device, it's best to use the correct support channel.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Enrico1985

IMEI #3541490xxxxxxxx definitely freezing, owned it for three weeks now, it has frozen at least 6 times...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CloudStrife

amdhunter wrote:

Also, I've heard that Stephen Elop at Nokia is very empathetic to users and fans of Nokia products and has responded personally to many end users.  

Thanks amdhunter for your suggestion: I wrote a long mail to him, who promptly and kindly replied to me and said his team will assist to acknowledge this issue. Then, a few minutes later, a message from Nokia ESC Support has arrived with a ticket number saying that they took my reqeust and will contact me in the next days asking more details on the problem. This looks like a good news!

In my email I linked this thread, the one on WP Central, the one on the australian forum, the one on the italian side of Nokia support board to make him get an idea of how many people are complaining and receiving no support from the company.

However, it's a very nice thing that the CEO of a such big company really finds time to reply to single emails of the customers. I would never have tried if you hadn't suggested. :smileyhappy:

I'll keep you updated should they contact me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pwrzosin

Hi All,

It seems that the freezing issue is connected to Automatic time update feature. Setting if off makes OS stable. Freezing occurs every time phone tries to retrieve current time and date from the network. After soft reset values of time and date are reverted to factory settings.

Workaround for now is to switch off the automatic update and manually set time zone and current time in the settings, until the patch is delivered with OS update.

Regards,

Piotr

Please use plain text.
Advisor
devilkin777

I have some problem. I have got new L920 from 15th February. (Orange SK)

OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1232.5951.1249.1001

If WiFi si ON (D-Link) and will be lock of display then after some time the phone switched off and can not turn on.

I had to do a soft reset every time by pressing volume down + power buttons for 10 seconds.

I now have two options:

1. If WiFi is ON - don't lock screen!

2. If WiFi is OFF - It seems I can lock screen

I hope then will be fix this bug (yesterday update settings app?) from microsoft or nokia soon.

Disable WiFi connection is only temporary solution!

I will try if switched off when mobile connections to internet + lock display tomorow.

NOKIA OR MICROSOFT PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
digihill

Interesting idea. I've had the same problem with a locked up phone, having to do a soft reset and trying to use the auto time set that never works. I spoke to someone at Nokia and they insisted that it is the phone provider that does no support the service.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
digihill

Experiencing this here with 920 on EE 4g contract. I am starting to wonder if it is something to do with Nokia phones not being able to set time and date automatically. (like all other phones can do on the same network!) My phone is now bricked after portico update and in repair for the next 2 weeks!     Epic Fail Nokia   - NOT GOOD

Please use plain text.
rmoennike

[ Edited ]

Adding mine to the list, IMEI 3541-4905-621-xxxx which freezes every now and then. Sometimes several times a day, sometimes not for days. Have not been able to link it to anything specific yet. 

The sim trick mentioned here seemed to help for a while, but now the freezing happened twice today again. It could be some of the other things I did, or maybe they all cause it, who knows. Other things I tried include uninstalling skype, nokia drive beta, a weather app I had, turning off automatic time update, and always "back"-ing all the way back to the home screen. It was definitely worse in the beginning, where it would freeze pretty much every few hours.

Please use plain text.