Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 not displaying sent or received te...

Estra

Nokia Lumia 920 not displaying sent or received texts.

Hello,

My 920 has recently been having problem with displaying text messages. They would send but would not save in the threads. Also I would recieved messages I would be notified and can see on the lock screen but when I go into my threads it would not show up. This is happening to certain contacts. Also, regardless of texting the order of my contacts in messages to not change to most recent person I have contacted. I've tried soft resetting my phone but it hasn't helped.  I am currently on EE/Orange. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for the time and help. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 not displaying sent or received texts.

Did you try the reset from Settings>About or the 2 button vol down + power reboot? If it was the reboot you tried then it may be worth trying the reset at this stage. Remember to backup your phone before hand. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I've experienced this behaviour because my date was set incorrectly. Have a look in your date and time settings to double check.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eknpdx

rayhipkiss wrote:

I've experienced this behaviour because my date was set incorrectly. Have a look in your date and time settings to double check.

Rayhipkiss' answer is the first thing you should check after a soft reset.  The last thing you want to do is the full hard reset.  Cloud back up is ok, but you still miss on a lot of things.

Please use plain text.