Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 problems vs Nokia N8

Counsellor
chami2200

Nokia Lumia 920 problems vs Nokia N8

I have using the Lumia 920 yellow for 4 months now and i used Nokia N8 before with AT&T(Los Angeles). So far I found these problems with the Lumia 920 but other than that it's a great phone i love it. Everything else better than Nokia N8 except for these..

• Camera resolution is low and can’t change resolution (Nokia N8 has better)
  • Navigation (Here drive + beta) not comes with traffic updates and not giving alternate routes. Yeah traffic update is in the maps but there’s no point in there (Nokia N8 has better).
  •  
  • Signal strength is low most of the time two bars low than others (N8 better). Sometimes internet not working & shows “E”.
  •  
  • Screen freeze sometimes and have to do hard reset. Mostly I was on the phone using Bluetooth but no other apps open.
  •  
  • NBA live streaming No App. And flash player not support. (IOS and Android has it) not on N8 also.
  •  
  • Alarm won’t work when the phone off (N8 will turn on and works)
  •  
  • When I’m on a call, menu always comes down or screen turn black when the phone moves it’s annoying when using the navigation or some other. (N8 better)
  •  
  • Keyboard not comes with arrow (<>) keys. Can’t type a missing letter between a word, have to delete the word and type the whole thing again.
  •  
  • In the Status menu, can’t change settings of Wi-fi and Bluetooth.
  •  
  • Internet explorer is sometimes can’t close.
  •  
  • Music player app can’t close. Just pause the song.

any one agree with these..??

I wish if Nokia or Windows can fix those soon..

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

[ Edited ]

Hello @chami2200,

"Keyboard not comes with arrow (<>) keys. Can’t type a missing letter between a word, have to delete the word and type the whole thing again."

-> Have you tried this; press the blinking cursor with your finger and you'll get a new "cursor" to move where ever you need.

"In the Status menu, can’t change settings of Wi-fi and Bluetooth."

-> In Store there is an app for this; Connectivity.

"Internet explorer is sometimes can’t close."

-> You can leave it running background, one (and usually most used) app doesn't give you anything to worry about!

-vvaino

PS. "Sometimes internet not working & shows “E” -> This happens also to me occasionally (this is an operator issue, not about the phone!) and then I restart my phone and it helps.

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

chami2200 wrote:

I have using the Lumia 920 yellow for 4 months now and i used Nokia N8 before with AT&T(Los Angeles). So far I found these problems with the Lumia 920

• Alarm won’t work when the phone off (N8 will turn on and works)

What's wrong with using "Airplane mode" as consumes very little battery?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Camera resolution is low and can’t change resolution (Nokia N8 has better)

Lumia 920 is 8Mpix, N8 is 12 Mpx, that said please elaborate. I am pretty sure that you will not be able to tell which phone took a shot if I show you one and don't tell you which I used.

Navigation (Here drive + beta) not comes with traffic updates and not giving alternate routes. Yeah traffic update is in the maps but there’s no point in there (Nokia N8 has better).

HERE suite of apps is relatively new and constantly being updated. I'll come

NBA live streaming No App. And flash player not support. (IOS and Android has it) not on N8 also.

Flash is dead, not available anymore for any up to date OS. Talk to the developer of an app on bringing it to WP8

Alarm won’t work when the phone off (N8 will turn on and works)

Your N8 is never really off

Keyboard not comes with arrow (<>) keys. Can’t type a missing letter between a word, have to delete the word and type the whole thing again.

tap and hold in textbox, cursor appears, move finger (while holding) to where it needs to go

Music player app can’t close. Just pause the song.

There's an app if you feel you must remove the player. Last I checked when paused playback is stopped.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

hi Vvaino & Paulheu,
Thanks for the info.. now i know how to use the keyboard cursor it works great...

yeah i download an app for connectivity today n it works good..

about the camera yeah those comes with different Mpx but if you put those pics on computer and zoom in you'll see the difference.

for Navigation it's not the HERE, i think Win8 & Symbian has 2 different apps. it was different in Nokia maps too, before it became HERE...

Alarm also the same i think cuz all the nokia phones i had with Symbian worked like that but not the Lumia. but it's not a big issue. And you can't charge Lumia phone turn off it'll turn on when you charge but not Symbian.

Yesterday i got a new update on my lumia and now i can see the storage on my phone but still i don't know what other changes it made.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

Hi Scoobyman,

you are right but i don't intentionally turn off my phone when i sleep. but this happend to me like 2 times before and save me from late to work. if you have a phone Nokia with Symbian try it. when the alarm on it'll also ask if you want to turn on the phone.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I understand that you are used to turning "off" your Symbian phone and are still able to have the alarm wake you up but this isn't possible with Windows Phone. The same is true when charging the Lumia. It will automatically turn the phone on as soon as you plug the charger in.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

Oh I forgot to add 'Screensaver Clock' to my list... I miss that so much.. I'm trying to find a good app but didn't found any..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ozgurkinaci

For 'Screensaver Clock', try "Nokia Lockscreen" app. It is not a lockscreen yet, but is promising as it shows the clock with black background.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

paulheu wrote:

Music player app can’t close. Just pause the song.

There's an app if you feel you must remove the player. Last I checked when paused playback is stopped.

Stopping playback is not the issue here. The player controls still remain on the lockscreen when paused and can be accidentally activated but I'm sure you know that already despite your snide reply. Having to use an app to kill the music player is pathetic to say the least. Tell me again what a "great" os this is.

Please use plain text.