Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 problems!

namifsu

Nokia Lumia 920 problems!

As much as I love this phone I am recieving a couple of complications.

1. Phone switches on and off randomly and n the middle of use

2. Has frozen once, to which a soft reset fixed, for the moment

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hii there,

If you are having issues with the phone still and the soft reset hasn't worked, have you tried taking your SIM out and putting it in again, and also checkign that it is cut properly and not damaged? If those are ok, backup your personal data to your PC or SkyDrive and perform a hard reset (Settings > about > Reset your phone).

Failing that, then you will need to tajke your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
mickthepump

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

Got my new phone on saturday ..fantastic phone apart from when I make a call the screen goes off and I couldnt end the call , It turns out to be the screen saver I purchased with the phone from the T mobile shop !! By cutting the top right corner off of the screen saver where it covers the word nokia Makes it work fine

Please use plain text.
mickthepump

My phone has been working absolutly fine until t mobile sent me an up grade sim card to change to EE g4.

when i put this sim card in it crashed the phone and will not recover EE informs me that this happens alot and will have to replace the phone so i am without a phone not happy why send me a card knowing this would happen Grrr..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

mickthepump wrote:

My phone has been working absolutly fine until t mobile sent me an up grade sim card to change to EE g4.

when i put this sim card in it crashed the phone and will not recover EE informs me that this happens alot and will have to replace the phone so i am without a phone not happy why send me a card knowing this would happen Grrr..

The problem is with the EE 4G SIM cards, so not sure whether replacing the handset will help. They informed you that this happens a lot because they know very well there is a compatibilty issue with their 4G SIMs, which is not restricted to the Lumias but also affects the IP5 and the SGS3 4G versions. EE just prefer to blame the handset for their own problems.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Have  you tried Hard Reset ?  Press Power+Volume(down)+Camera keys until the phone vibrates Then release the power button but keep the volume and camera keys pressed down for another 5 seconds. 

If your phone comes to life either get the SIM changed or you may try Settings-->mobile network-->Highest connection speed ..set to 3G ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KingKenny1972

The first Lumia 920 I had, experienced exactly the same problems, switching off by it self, minimum once every second day. One time had to do a reset of the entire phone, because it froze up. Yesterday I go a new Lumia 920, and so far this phone as well has switched off from the mobile network twice, where I have to re-enter the SIM code to activate the phone again. I dont think my patience will allow Nokia to send me a third phone.
Please use plain text.
Jeppuli

Problems with 920...

I have been using Lumia 920 for few weeks now, and must say that been partly happy but also quite disappointed.

- screen doesn't scroll smoothly but "jumps" so that it is difficult to see which line you were reading (emails, magazines etc)

- camera gives poor quality pictures (blurry, looks like phone "autoshakes" all pictures ...and was advertised to be one of the best available)

- loading times for any software / emails is long, much longer than my iPhone 4S (same network, same locations)

- many software doesn't even work properly even though those are downloadable in the store (looks like those belong to win7 version, freeze or just "die" when trying to open)

- when doing soft reset phone date&time gets crazy and even though set to be automatically set, will give you 2012/Sep/1 - why on earth...?

I hope fixes would appear soonest - some looksl iek to be software producers problems, but in this case those should not even be available for Win8 phones?!

Also it died once totally, as mentioned in earlier posts.  Hopefully no more problems in the near future...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hels9

Got my 920 in December 2012, am sick of it switching itself off and when I take it to the shop they tell me its got a low battery...duh thats why I'm bringing it to you it switches its off and then takes 36hrs to charge up again. Have sent it for repair and now I cant even get my contact list back on to it. Have you had this problem? Wish I had never got the phone now.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

How is your contact list stored? If you previously synched it to your Live account, you should be able to just synch it back now. 

Please use plain text.
Twykster

I love the speed and apps so far.  I purchased 2 Nokia 920s in February and have had to exchange 1 (it locked up 4-5 times in 3 days requiring a soft-reset).

Current Cons:

> My phone screen blacks out on calls frequently, making it difficult to get the dialpad (when working menus on phone systems), or even to hang up.

> There's no "While Driving Console" - so I can't play music (just a set playlist), ignore calls while using the nav, etc.

> The battery life is just under a full days use (I use it mainly for texting/emailing, maybe 1-2 hours of uselessness throughout the day).

> If you're not OC then the fact that you have to constantly back out of whatever you use to always be at the home screen as the last 'back' press, probably doesn't bother you

> Not many hand-friendly cases (mainly for being able to hold it w/o it sliding around, or even shoulder-to-ear it)

> Setting and controlling the Internet Browser and it's options is near impossible (i.e. trying to log onto FB through Words With Friends, it returns the error "cookies must be enabled on your browser").  Setting a homepage seems impossible - my phone seems to just throw advertisements as my home page, even after I go to "Tabs" and remove it, then select a different page.

> Lastly - I've had the occasional lock-up on the replacement phone (I swapped my first 920 for a different from the AT&T store) once in a game, which seems common for that game app, but another time using my email (Outlook Connected to Exchange Enterprise)

Please use plain text.
Twykster

Re: Problems with 920...

Camera tip I learned: Depress the camera button halfway to get the Autofocus to assist. Pictures come out clearer. Otherwise, I have had the same problem keeping my pictures from being to blurry. Some of your other problems seem pretty significant, but specific to your phone. I have 3x 920s and none have any of the problems you've mentioned (I only use Corporate email on my phone through Exchange, and it works super fast)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
avinash906

[ Edited ]

I am parched nokia lumia 920 after to days use many problam see in device.
Very heat after one hr use
Battary problam
Tik tik sound after screen off
Any lumia 920 display and fecia beetween gap
No usful app in the store
So fr after parched the device call me my mobile no xxxxxxxxxx

Moderator's note: Phone number was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dwardman

I'm on my second red lumia 920. I like the phone but after the 3rd week of having it i'm having issues again in the call mode. I dial a number hit call button.. then the screen goes black and I can't get the screen back up until I end the call on my bluetooth..  that is the only way to end the call unless the other person hangs up.  I haven't purchased any screen saver and I use ATT...  I use this for work and it's important that I have that feature so I can dial a name or extension.

Any answers to this problem?

Please use plain text.
JTHMfreak

Just got a 920, like the phone alot so far but it simply won't allow me to upload pics to my FB posts.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yachtmaster

how and where can I find a Nokia Care point please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Use the Nokia Support link at the bottom of each page.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AnandKR84

I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 920. Not even a week old, I was facing lot of problems with the phone
1) phone was getting overheated within 15-20 mins of 3G usage.
2) battery charge was not lasting for more than half a day with only wifi enabled or if only 3G enabled. Even with everything off, the battery charge was not going beyond a day.
3) Phone crashed during idle state, almost twice a day and the only way to start the phone then was to do a hard reset by pressing volume down + power button every time it happened.
4) phone used to hang while running few applications like message.

I bought the phone through infibeam.com on 20th feb 2013 and I got the phone delivered on 22nd feb. I tried to use the phone by updating it to the latest software as suggested by Nokia. I still could find the issues. Later on 28th feb, gave the phone for observation and fixing to Nokia care, RT Nagar, Bangalore . The issue was supposedly fixed by Nokia care and they said they would keep the mobile for a day's observation. On 29th feb, I received back the phone only to see the issue still evident.

Nokia care then suggested the backend team to look at the issue which meant the phone had to be handed over to them. I had to leave the mobile with the nokia care on the same day. The initial proposal was that the phone will be returned within maximum 7 days. I waited till 12th March which was more than the suggested 7 days. I raised a request even with contactcentre.india@ nokia.com. Finally I received the phone back on 14th march. When tested, all the issues were still prevelant. I returned back on 15th march to Nokia centre. I left the phone again as requested by Nokia care and as per the backend team on 15th march. I was told I'll be contacted by Nokia within 72hours from the backend team. The backend team is still yet to contact me.

No one in Nokia is mentioning anything about the status. I am still awaiting the status on my mobile. When contacted, I am told about how conscious Nokia is about branding and quality. Someone please tell whom to contact or a better way to get things done.

Thanks and regards,
Anand k r
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

I'm afraid nobody can help you here. The problems you mentioned are well known but there is no definite cure except to exchange for another phone which will hopefully be better behaved. As there is no 1-to-1 exchange policy in India and the problems are not repairable your options are limited. I would take the phone back and try to make the best of it instead of banging my head against Nokia Care.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
windowstired

As my "old" HTC was switching off randomly, I decided to by a NOKIA Lumia 920. This was obviously a mistake.

Several times every day the "logg-in with PIN-conde page" is what I see when I open the phone. I have no idea how long I have been without connection. As I use my phone at work I have to look at it every five minut to be sure I'm on the air. In addition to this the phone itselve switches off several times every week, often when in use use.

Why must it be like this? Is the problem the Window program?

Please use plain text.