Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920, touch screen is not working prope...

Registered Member
hakaotu

Nokia Lumia 920, touch screen is not working properly while charging

[ Edited ]

Have anyone else noticed that when you plug in the charger the touch screen slows down and doesn't respond properly especially with swiping and scrolling? E.g. instead of swiping it selects item.

Try it with lists or a webpage and you should notice that, if you have the same issues.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hakaotu

Re: Nokia Lumia 920, touch screen is not working properly while charging

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its reported on this Forum too over here .. but as mentioned in that post, still do not see any such issues with my Nokia Lumia 920 ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sanshark

hakaotu wrote:

Have anyone else noticed that when you plug in the charger the touch screen slows down and doesn't respond properly especially with swiping and scrolling? E.g. instead of swiping it selects item.

Try it with lists or a webpage and you should notice that, if you have the same issues.

I'm having the same issue.......while charging it either doesnt scroll throught the tiles smoothly OR not at all and just goes to the first tile you touch.......NOKIA !!!! Can you fix this with an update????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

could be a problem with power source .... have you observed same behavior while charging your phone at other place?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I noticed that in the video the phone wasn't connected with the supplied mains charger. And as mentioned in the thread posted by Farby other members reported the same issue but were able to overcome the problem by using the supplied mains charger.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anf72

This issue is happening with all the nokia lumia 920 in our office(4 of them) that are connected to a computer. If you unplug the handset it works correctly.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shuslig

Having the same problem with my 920 that I purchase in November. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shuslig

*Update* - Tried others advice and used the Nokia supplied usb plug with the a Nokia supplied usb cable. Both the plug & cable were from a Lumia 900, but it corrected the screen response issue. I was previously using a HTC usb plug with the usb cable that came with my current Lumia 920.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SectorSK

Yes, i have same problem :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LadyX3

I haven't got this problem, after reading this, I tried mine out, and works fine while charging. I'm using the charger that came with my phone, also the wireless charger , and my phone works well on both. My husband who has an iphone has tried to charge his phone with my charger, and his phone takes hours to charge,so after a lot of disagreements , he only users the iphone charger now. I understand that all phone chargers are specifically designed to suite the specific phone,as they all have differant voltage. Correct me I am wrong.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xileades

Same problem but worse

I'm having the same problem but at a much larger scale.

Charging the phone renders it absolutely useless for the time the charge is going, and during normal use the screen begins to bug as soon as the phone heats up a little (I've read around overheatting among 920s is a common issue) the screen begins to randomly "sense" touchs in multiple point like it was having some sort of "epileptic" attack...

This goes on for awhile until the phone simply reboots.

One thing i've noticed however is that the phenomena decreased significantly when i turned off the touchscreens' sensitivity+, but it would still happen nonetheless... But even with the option off i can still use gloves on to operate the phone while it works

Please use plain text.
ninetwenty

I have had this problem now too. I can't zoom in on the internet page when my phone is plugged in. However, as soon as I unplug my Lumia 920, it works perfectly again. Really sucks because this phone is really awesome otherwise.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xileades

I ended up taking it to a Nokia Care Center, They shipped it to the factory and it took them 3 weeks to repair it... Now the phone is working wonders again!!! :squint: (Even better cuz i got the last update ahead of time)

Actually i was given a whole new phone except for the case, but esentially they changed the screen, battery  and motherboard, apparently they were in really bad shape... I just payed the 5€ fee to send it to the factory.

However i will not repeat the same patterns of use just in case, i'll leave it be while on charge and try not to overuse it to avoid heating... From what i've given to understand the 2000mA battery and the processor are packed in very close and overheating seems to be a common issue on the 920... Just so you know

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ekaddo

Happening to me as well in the AM with the Nokia charger. Will only select until I unplug.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rishabhmutha

my nokia lumia 920 's touch screen isnt working properly , **bleep** like the phone has just hangged and i am neither able to answer calls or perform any actions on the phone. also the phone heats a lot very frequently. nokia can you give me a solution to fix this issue???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xileades

Read previous posts before posting people!!!

As i stated before in this thread...  and i cannot stress it enough TAKE IT TO A NOKIA CARE CENTER!!! They'll fix it for free

And afterwards, just avoid using the phone during charge guys... Normally a battery heats up during charge, if you add WIFI or H+ activity and a CPU intense app the phone will heat up as hell... So you know

However i've noticed the phone heats up significantly less ever since its "overhauling" and runs smoother

Please use plain text.
FlavioNeves

I have the same problem, but I don't want to police my phone usage, I brought it, not cheap, an I want to use it as much as I can. If there is a problem, so launch this update fix already!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
clockworkmice

I had the weird touchscreen stuff too then i read this thread and realised I must have a faulty charger. I don't think it was charging it correctly and the phone was just getting very hot and not charging particularly quickly.

Sorted now by changing to a different charger. Scrolling is now fine when charging on the different charger

Please use plain text.
ezite

I have noticed the same issue. Especially if you want to text. Its almost impossible so i have to disconnect the charger till i'm finished communicating. And i'm already on my 2nd Lumia 920 and its away to get fixed for the second time as my screen just stopped working- got it back from Nokia and 2 weeks later its the same thing again happened. Waiting on getting it back and see whats happens. I always been a Nokia fan but even i'm getting really annoyed with it now. I was waiting for month to get it and feel quite disappointed now as its been problem after problem.
Please use plain text.