Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

Adey93
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

Hey, I have a problem with the touchscreen on my 920 I cant do anything with the touchscreen. The sidebuttons work perfectly. I have made several hardresets(Holding down all side buttons). Nothing is working. The store i bought it from said it should be send in for repair. But im wondering if there is any fix that you now off?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 touch screen not working

When you attempted these resets can you explain what you did as holding down all buttons aint one of them.

For starter the store you bought it from should replace the handset if its withing the timeframe.

SOFT RESET
Press and hold the power- and volume-down buttons pressed simultaneously for ten seconds. The phone should then vibrate and reboot.

HARD RESET
Press and hold the power-, volume-down- and camera buttons until the phone vibrates. Then release the power-button and keep the other two buttons pressed for another five seconds.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Adey93

omg thanks The hard reset you described worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Good stuff.Enjoy your phone.:-)

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
ted187

touch screen not working but the buttons work.... i have hard reset the device but still no joy... lumia 920

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Try hard reset again of it fails return device to point of purchase or a nokia care center.dont forget receipt

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Try the troubleshooting steps provided on this link.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Khurramkhan

I bought nokia lumia 920 almost a month ago. I have similar problem. Touch screen not working. I did hard reset but no reponse. I went to nokia care center. They said that they need to replace the screen which will cost 400 US $. No other solution. This mobile is worst.. I wasnt expecting this response from nokia.. I dont recommend anyone to buy this specially in Saudi Arabia where you have this response from nokia.. im thinking to through this..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sun10

I faced same issue. I did the hard reset more than 20 times but no result. My Lumia 920 touch is not working at all. I used this mobile for fifteen days only. Nokia care is not at all responding to this issue. This is manufacturing fault and nokia is not accepting this. This mobile so expensive and useless. Nokia need lot of time to competitive of Touch technology. Go back to ur button keypad!!! Please do not buy this mobile. This will be real waste of money and time.. Thanks

Khurramkhan wrote:
I bought nokia lumia 920 almost a month ago. I have similar problem. Touch screen not working. I did hard reset but no reponse. I went to nokia care center. They said that they need to replace the screen which will cost 400 US $. No other solution. This mobile is worst.. I wasnt expecting this response from nokia.. I dont recommend anyone to buy this specially in Saudi Arabia where you have this response from nokia.. im thinking to through this..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nallasivan

I have been having this touch screen issue with 920 for the past one month. No solution. Serious
Manufacturing issue.Do notbuy this or recommend to anybody
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pancakes

Hi, I have tried the hard reset MANY times, as all I have is problems, my touchscreen dosen't work properly and my phone turns itsself off regularly. Very disappointed in this product.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hlm19

I had the same problem..so i sent it to the nokia care to repair and he said that the board is problem.So this problem has nothing to do with the software
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SaintEd

Had the same issue develop today. After attempting the two types of resets, and browsing the web for more data it seems that the 920 is suffering from build quality issues related to this and more.  Fortunately, I called AT&T and they will be sending me my _4TH_  Lumia 920 of the year.  Love Windows Phone, and Love the Lumia, but after all these build problems it's making me wonder if there's a handle on build issues going out.

Just frustrating but fortunate I chose to save my videos to Skydrive, since it's not on my default. I wasn't able to get back on my phone with a busted touchscreen (can't do PIN entry).

FWIW if any Nokia engineer is reading this, I noticed the touchscreen starting to fail a month ago, and it got progressively worse.  Yes, resets helped back then, but for whatever reason it stopped working today and it's dead.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tonyjp58

Thanks for the tip on how to do a soft reset. Worked on my Nokia Lumia 928!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seb50

Thank you, worked great. Appreciate the help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lupa920

Thank you, My Lumia 920 is working again with a soft reset
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qurratjehan

my touchscreen is not working for nokia lumia 920 i tried the soft and hard reset but still doesn't work any more suggestions plz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
larmandude

JimmyIreland...you da man!  The soft reset worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hram

The soft boot worked.  Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Danielspl

I have a nokia Lumia. Since the phone updated to windows "8" (it's a 7.8 version) I started with this problem. I went to the center and they told me that it is impossible since there is no warranty. I am very disapointed on Nokia, I was expecting much more from them. I have seen that with the soft reset the phone works again, but once it is locked the problem returns. So... I will never buy a nokia again in my whole life. 

Please use plain text.