Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

Registered Member
EnviroGuy

Last night I put my phone into airplane mode and then plugged it in to charge, something do each evening before heading to bed.

A few minutes after I did that I went to check the time on the phone and I noticed it wasn't turned on. I ended up leaving it to charge all night hoping the alarm clock would wake the phone in the morning.

The next day the phone still won’t start, It does nothing when I hold down the power button. I've also tried holding Volume Down + Power button, the phone is unresponsive.

In the past I would just unplug the battery and plug it back in to resolve this issue. However, since this is a 920 I am unable to do so.

Advice please?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guitarpik

My Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

I just got my cyan Nokia Lumia 920 on Tuesday. I've been loving it. Absolutely no problems.

I was just using it. I locked the screen and put it down. About 10 minutes later I picked it up and it won't turn on.

I've tried everything I know. Soft reset, hard reset, plugged it in and nothing.

Someone please help!

Moderator's Note: The title was edited out as this was moved to the same topic.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: My Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Don't think you have any more option left than to return the device from where you bought..or a visit to Nokia Care ..

Hope you have tried the Hard Reset as mentioned here ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guitarpik

[ Edited ]

Well a hard reset finally worked.

Why is this happening though? I just found another poster with the same issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Yadoso

[ Edited ]

Pls don't buy this phone. Its disaster. The wireless dt 900 doesn't charge. The battery run down. I can't recharge it. It gets very hot with only nokia logo showing. I tried hard start but to no avail. Don't buy lumia 920. Yadoso.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@Yadoso

If "hard reset" ends up as "spinning gears" for ever you will probably have no alternative other than to return device unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antarian

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I went sleep yesterday and connect charger as I do every evening.

When I wake up phone was turned off and its not possible to turn it on.

I tried different charger but it didnt help

Can anybody advice me what to do now? Normally something like this happen to me with android phone from samsung, but there I was able to remove battery, let it be for few minutes and then it start working, but what I should do here??? I cant remove battery.

Thanks you very much in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re:Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Try a Hard Reset ..

Press Power+Volume(down)+Camera keys until the phone vibrates Then release the power button but keep the volume and camera keys pressed down for another 5 seconds. 

If this does not work, you may need to visit Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
smilingjack

Lumia 920 does not turn on

I've had a Lumia phone for 3 weeks. On any number of occasions my phone did not turn on when I used the power switch. I've had to resort to a soft reset. There is no specific circumstance that produces the problem. I've even deleted all the 3rd party apps and the problem still appears. I see from reading other blogs that this problem is widespread. Eventhough the soft reset always forces the phone on, it is very annoying to have to resort to this. Does anyone know if Nokia is addressing the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 920 does not turn on

do you happen to turn the phone off all the time? you know this is detrimental to the performance of the battery, and really there is no need to turn the phone off, you can just switch it to Flight Mode.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jjhayyap

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

Just got a Lumia 920 less than a month ago, the phone is amazing until i received an update notification all is fine downloaded the update installed but it went to this 2 wheel icon then shut off, I cant turn it on anymore no display whatsoever, I tried softreset Volume down+power will get vibrate but nothing on the screen, tried hard reset volume down+power+camera button again will get the vibrate but nothing on the screen i tried to connect it to my PC which ive been using since i got the phone it says "USB Device Not Recognized" I tried to update the driver it says up to date, tried to uninstall and connect the phone end up with same message  "USB Device Not Recognized" can anyone help me? :smileysad: im so sad and upset i just got the phone less then 1 month and i spent alot for it :smileysad: thanks for reading

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Step 1 & Step 2 for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 here?http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia920/troubleshooting/

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jjhayyap

[ Edited ]

Hi i tried that soft and hard reset i can feel it vibrate but nothing happens no display on the screen :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

[ Edited ]

In that case, you will need to take the device to the nearest Nokia Care Centre & let them take a look at it.
A query: Was the battery fully charged when you stated the update?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jjhayyap

[ Edited ]

Hi thanks for the reply, the battery before the phone update was about 60% :smileysad: still trying to reset but no luck :smileysad: purchased the phone overseas no Nokia warranty here in the country where i am at :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

[ Edited ]

Even if there is no warranty, its best to take it to Nokia care & have them take a look at it. It may be possible that the battery discharged before the update was applied completely resulting in crashing of the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jjhayyap

[ Edited ]

yeah maybe i will take it to Nokia Care shop tomorrow i hope just a minor fix but its not released in this country yet i think they cant do anything about it :smileysad: it was never drop no scratches or anything its been working fine since it ask me for a new phone update :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Did you try connecting the charger again.. If not, Leave it on charge for 20-30 minutes and see ..

Please use plain text.
jhayyap

[ Edited ]

HI i tried to charge it up on my pc and direct to wall i will feel a vibrate but nothing happens after 20-30 minutes :smileysad: i guess the phone is defective, ill contact the vendor though the phone only has service warranty here in my country :smileysad: sad for Nokia and MS will never buy another phone from them

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Sorry..but that seems to be the ONLY option left ...

Please use plain text.