Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

Press Power + Volume(down) + Camera keys  until the phone vibrates Then release the power button but keep the volume and camera keys pressed down for another 5 seconds. 

See if this works ...

Please use plain text.
mike770

[ Edited ]

Hello
First I apologize for my English :-)
I bought a nokia lumia 920 at & t company, the phone worked fine for the first few days after he started making trouble, I be looking for information then I saw that Nokia's software, called Nokia Software Updater
I downloaded the software, and the software took update of firmware and started to update the phone after 10 seconds or so, the update failed and my phone Turn off and since then the phone will not turn on again :-(, I tried to do everything written even a hard reset and nothing happened the phone did not even turn on ....
What I do
Please Help :-(
By the way I live in Israel ...

Moderator's Note: The title was edited out as this was moved to the same topic.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Bring it back to the shop,dont forget the receipt.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
mike770

[ Edited ]

As I mentioned I live in Israel, and the phone was purchased in the United States ...
And Nokia Israel did not want to give me support because I bought the phone in the United States ...
I do not understand this phone just died for no reason, and I have no support :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Can you tell me exactly what reset you tried ,there is several.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
mike770

[ Edited ]

The first I tried was to press the volume down button along with the power button for 10 seconds and it failed ...
  The second time I clicked on the volume down button along with the power button and the camera button for 30 seconds and nothing happened ....
Thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

The Hard reset is the second one that you tried..

But the correct method is ..Press Power + Volume(down) + Camera keys  until the phone vibrates ..Then release the power button but keep the volume and camera keys pressed down for another 5 seconds. 

Try that again..or you do not get the Vibration ???

Have you tried connecting the charger ? If not, do that and leave it on charge for 20-25 minutes.. See if you get anything in the display or whether the phone switches ON ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

If any of the suggestions do not work a Nokia Care point is your last option. There is no other solution after that.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
mike770

[ Edited ]

The phone does not work :-( does not vibrate, not turn on at all ....
I plugged it into the computer the computer does sound like a new device has been connected, but after 5-7 seconds the computer makes a sound like disconnecting a device :-(
Apparently the phone is dead ....
I will never buy Nokia again.
Nokia Israel did not want to deal with this problem, because I bought the phone in the United States
They must take responsibility for their own bugs, even if I live in China or Antarctica
Such poor service I've never seen, not suitable for a company like Nokia
Thank you, everyone who tries to help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

You should of checked warranty before purchase thats not our fault.
Contact nokia directly via the contact us link..This is a peer to peer forum.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

mike770 wrote:

I plugged it into the computer the computer does sound like a new device has been connected, but after 5-7 seconds the computer makes a sound like disconnecting a device :-(
Apparently the phone is dead ....

Did you leave it connected to the PC for longer time or disconnected it after you heard the disconnecting sound ? Anyways, try charging thru' Wall outlet and leave it on charge as mentioned earlier if you have not done it ..

Otherwise BAD luck ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DevKc

Thanks! That worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
digihill

I'm getting this just about EVERY DAY. Even after being in 'Repair' for 3 weeks. This is a great phone but a DISASTER AREA in reliability.

Please use plain text.
jajai

hi guys,,im having this issue like every day.but now,i think i've figured out the main culprit. i've uninstalled all "HERE" apps including here drive, here city lens and here maps.and now this problem yet to happen again (this is 3rd day of my experiment and my phone wont need any soft reset yet)
Please use plain text.
hfjghdghfhkf

My Nokia LM 920 when battery empty. than i chaging but won't turn on, i try to hard reset but still won't turn on, it's spend time about 40 minutes or 1 hour it's turn on by it's self. i wonder why ? if my battery empty i have to waiting for 40 minute? i just bought my phone for a few month, how should i do?

Thank you

Chanpheng 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Do not leave the battery to get so empty that the phone turns itself off, you will eventually destroy it completely. What you are describing is perfectly normal, since the battery needs to charge to certain level before it can provide sufficient power for the phone to turn on and work.

Please use plain text.
hfjghdghfhkf

Hi, Thank you. but i think that's not resolved, because that's imposible i will leave the battery always full it's should empty oneday. and first time i used it my phone's work normally. charging 5 minute it's turn on. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Empty means till it dies down.. keep on charge once it reaches 5-7% balance level ..If you don't then the phone will shut down and depending upon the length of time between the phone switching OFF and it being again connected to charger it will take that much longer time to reach sufficient power to turn on and work.

If you immediately connect the charger when the phone switches OFF due to drained battery it will not take 40 minutes but just about 4-5 minutes ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Brad_and_Ellen

Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Hey there,

We've had our Lumia 920, purchased from Rogers communications here in Canada, for about a week now. We intended on using this phone to replace our home phone, therefore, we need to leave the phone either on or on standby at all times. Every morning since we purchased the Lumia, the phone has been unresponsive and we must perform a soft reset. It only happens at night as the phone works without issue during the day. We have tried multiple trouble shooting steps we have found across the net including, but not limited to, the date/time fix, the app conflict trouble shooting fix, and the Nokia Dive possible conflict fix. Obviously nothing has worked. If an answer is available, we need one soon as we have to return this phone shortly.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and how to fix it? We want to keep the phone but, God forbid if we ever had to phone 911 in the middle of the night, we would need immediate access to the phone and not have to wait for a soft reset.

As an aside, how do I contact Nokia from Canada? I can follow them on FB, Twitter, or email according to the support page, of course email is only for complaints, not support. How do I speak to an actual person to try resolve the issue we are having?

Thanks for reading

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Lumia 920 won't turn on

[ Edited ]

You don't mention whether you have to be able to take incoming calls at night or whether device could be left in Airplane mode.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.