Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

Registered Member
RichardHartz

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on after I reset the phone

Did you ever manage to fix this, I have the same problem! A white line flashes for a second at the bottom of the screen then switches off.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on after I reset the phone

RichardHartz wrote:

Did you ever manage to fix this, I have the same problem! A white line flashes for a second at the bottom of the screen then switches off.

Did you try the Reset ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
talharmon

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 won't turn on

thanks,

it worked for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lumiapeter

I also had that problem of 920 won't turn on and i tried pressing volume down +power + camera then releasing power when phone vibrates holding volume down+ camera 5 more seconds and it work for me.

thks for your help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaseff

Thanks! Excellent solution. I thought my phone was bricked.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tamotrixie

That worked for me as well.  Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
keithf1138

Son went away for 5 days and left his phone on not plugged into charger at home. Now after about 2 hours plugged in it still wont turn on.  Have tried holding VOL down, POWER and CAMERA buttons and still nothing.

Any ideas? Think it just needs an overnight charge.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi, did you manage to turn on the phone?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
arman9785

Thanks. It was a miracle not a solution!! Please be informed that phone vibration may take long more than 20 seconds

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vikas1977

that worked for me !!! but strange my battery wasn't dead (it had around 30% left) when I tried to restart my phone but never switched on again :smileysad:... so what does this key combination actually does ??? is there any manual where we can find these type of tricks to work on the lumia phones ?

Please use plain text.
Raj920

I have been having the combination of almost all problems mentioned above :-(

My phone kept on discharging rapidly even when it was still charging and I never used any app. (All background tasks were blocked).

At one point it showed less than 5% charge and my phone did not seem to charge.

I turned it off to check if a restart will help charge the phone. After I turned off, it never turned on again.

1. When I plugged the wall charger, the phone kept vibrating every 5 seconds and NOKIA followed by battery charging icon appeared. This was happening over and over again but never turned on.

2. Then I tried holding the volume and power button. The same thing happened and never turned on.

3. Then I tried holding the volume, power and camera buttons. The same thing happened and never turned on.

I did the same steps as above (2. & 3.) by connecting the phone to a USB output of my laptop but no success.

Please help :-(

Thanks,
Raj
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tenacity20

The first time I did that procedure a lightning bolt and a gear appeared on the screen.  I let it sit a while and nothing changed, so I pressed the same sequence of buttons again.  This time the screen went dark for a few seconds and then it started up properly.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adityabose7

actually holding vol down key+ power key+ camera key untill your phone vibrates than release the buttons and your phone will switch on

thanks a lot actually the above thing worked 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BillyBlaq

Thanks for the info. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, and this worked for me too. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tour

press volume down and power for 10secs it work for me

Please use plain text.
Kul13

I tried holding down volume button power and camera at the same time until it vibrates then let go of the power button still nothing happens any other suggestion?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

I know the response is late, and by now, either the phone is already working properly or has been sent off for repair. Whichever it is, may we know the status of the phone, Kul13?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Please use plain text.
Kul13

It is still not working I am sending it out for repair or replacement

Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Hi Kul13,

You can contact your retailer for more info about the replacement process. However, if you want it to be repaired by our care point, visit your local support: www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Alan920

How I fixed it !

charging over night

1 Push start+volume connect the power , then also press camera aka 3 fingers press for 20sek

vibration and it started again at 14% battery power ...?!?

Please use plain text.