Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.
Reply

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

Advisor
yanzg2004
Posts: 18

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

jimmyireland, I agree strongly with you that iphone is overpriced. In addition, I heard iphone5 only sold 4 milliion recently. I believe in the same periods, lumia 920 can sell more than half of this number if it is priced more than half of the price of iphone5. :smileyhappy:

 

That is just joking. But Nokia should think for himself, not for Apple. If 920 fails to bring a great enough success in market, what will happen next year? Is it  doomed to perish? In addition, the challenge is not from apple only. The taiwan MTK based Android phones is digging off the market share of Nokia S40 line.  It seems that when Nokia decide to jump into the sea water, he insists to wear business suite and tie:smileyhappy:

 

Forgive us, everyone who come here is fans for Nokia phones, not iphones.

 


 

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller
Posts: 547

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

Just for the record, I'm in no way an Apple or iPhone advocate. Never have, never will be. Just trying to mention how some Muppets tend to think when they're looking for a new phone. As I said, I welcome what the new WP8 will bring to the board, but just worry about the cost being too high initially as it will affect what people perceive as value..
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola
Posts: 94

Re: Nokia Lumia 920


jimmyireland wrote:

greycounciller wrote:
Sorry, what maybe I should've said is as far as the WP8 Platform goes, it looks like Nokia have price themselves way above the competition. I use a Nokia And want one for my next phone. I'm not too interested in the camera side of things but it does look like others offer better value. I know we all give our own subjective comments here so that's just how I see things. What Nokia decide to do is anyones guess. I keenly wait to see what the UK pricing will be. I think that will determine whether these will or won't sell well.

Incorrect again,the pricing will not affect the consumers choice unless its extravagant as the iphone is priced,the iphone is the most overpriced phone on the market,simple as that.

Look at what you don't get on the iphone,And look at what you do get on the L920.

Currently the iphone 5 sells at 679 Euro for the 16gb model which is plain daylight robbery.

 

Now as I said earlier if you feel you want to buy the iphone this thread or forum for that matter is not a place to debate it or discuss it ,this is a nokia forum And not an iphone forum..



 I agree that the iphone is over priced, etc. However you are wrong that it will not affect the consumer choice. I would love to have the new nokia 920, However as a student I do not want to go into debt just to get a phone. And as the post before you said, it may be a no-brainier to get the 920 over the htc, However the £70 is around a months worth of food, and drink for me, so yea, it will affect the customer choice.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Posts: 104

Re: Nokia Lumia 920


halobolola wrote:

93tid wrote:smileytongue:rices:

 

Germany - 920 at EUR 649, 820 at EUR 499

Russia - 920 at ~USD 800 with free Nokia Purity Stereo Headset by Monster, 820 at ~USD 645

Italy - 920 at EUR 599, 820 at EUR 499



If the 920 come out at £500 (which is what it converts to) then looks like i am looking to get a different phone.


Completely agree, the HTC 8X looks like being available for around £400. Granted it's not got the innovation of the 920 but it's a really nice phone. If Nokia won't compete with that to win back customers then I think they are making a mistake and all the excitement about the 920 will be wasted because people like me who are ready to get a new phone will turn to HTC.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
loseruser
Posts: 6

Nokia Lumia 920

 

I would like to back to the original question/concern which in my opinion will have a big impact for 920's(or Nokia's) success and that is WHEN is it going to hit shelves and why Nokia won't give a exact date. Price +- 50 Euros doesn't make any difference, but if they don't have anything to sell there is no debate what to buy.

 

In Finland IP..5/Gal..III were the most sold phones in September, and Lumia 900 is not even in the list, on the other list it is number 10, that is realism.

 

As a stock owner and a big Nokia fan, it doesn't make me laugh.

 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga
Posts: 725

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

The one thing that I find in Australia, is that typically whilst Nokia release a phone model, somewhere around sept, oct, nov in the northern hemisphere (US, Europe etc), we out here have totally missed the boat entirely and don't receive the same model till about march of the following year.

 

Definitely no Christmas sale rush for Nokia, when all the other manufacturers have released their new models and had them on the shelves in time for Christmas.

 

I can only hope that this time round Nokia already have the L920/820 in testing with the operators and ready to be released BEFORE Christmas this year.

 

Please just remember that both Australia and New Zealand are part of the rest of the world as well, and don't leave us high and dry come Christmas.

 

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller
Posts: 547

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

@loseruser

I don't think this or any WP8 will be released until Microsoft release Windows 8 OS on the masses.

I believe it's 26th Oct this month.

Many other marques have there WP8 models up for pre-order for that date.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
New Member
LastHonestOrb
Posts: 4

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

I personally think that Nokia knows what there doing, and have a reason to wait to tell us about the date or price. However I do hope comes out soon, as I have sold my iPhone and downgraded to a Nokia N75 (yes, it's a flip phone) to get ready for this, I just hope it comes out within the week, meaning that windows 8 comes out today. So I can't wait for it to come out, but I think we all have to be patient and let the pro's handle this.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Posts: 104

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

[ Edited ]

LastHonestOrb wrote:
I personally think that Nokia knows what there doing, and have a reason to wait to tell us about the date or price. 

I'm not sure what in recent history has given you that impression. Apple knows what it is doing and is very successful as a result. Nokia often has a better product but 

 

Plus if the speculation price is to be believed then I'll be jumping to HTC.

 

Moderators notes: Unfounded claims removed.

Please use plain text.
New Member
LastHonestOrb
Posts: 4

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

Hey everyone, I also found on the Windows Phone Facebook page that they posted a picture saying "4 days to go" and that was yesterday the 25, and since windows 8 came out today (the 26th) them that means windows phone 8 must come out in three days which is Monday the 29th. And since the Nokia Lumia 920 is supposed to be the first windows phone 8 out then I think we have a release date!
Please use plain text.
New Member
LastHonestOrb
Posts: 4

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

I'm not saying that Apple doesn't know what there doing (though they don't) I'm just saying that Nokia does and that they will release the phone at the perfect time, though I think the date is Monday the 29th
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania
Posts: 28,334

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

The 29th date has long been known as the date that Microsoft shows the full OS and all of it's features to the public, that is what the countdown is for. No new WP8's were allowed to be released until after this event.

That being the case we'll probably see a few WP8's go on sale during next week. Friday November 2nd has long been rumoured as the official day for the Lumia 920 in some countries.
Please use plain text.
New Member
LastHonestOrb
Posts: 4

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

That might be true, I just had a hunch it was probably going to be that day because the 920 is supposed to be the first wp8 device
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania
Posts: 28,334

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

There is no guarantee that the 920 will be the first WP8 device on sale. Nokia does not have any exclusivity period. In some countries the HTC's will be available first.
Please use plain text.
New Member
digesterman
Posts: 2

Re: Nokia Lumia 920

Ahhhhhh, sorry but I have used the IPhone for years prior to the 900 and then the 920 and they never froze.
Also my contacts from one iphone to another always was transfered, not so with the nokias.
Also all my apps transfered, not so with nokia.
Just saying, I want my 920 and win 8 to work but this is my 2nd 920 and it is freezing all the time.
Nokia is fighting for their lives, they should have had these problems fixed.
Please use plain text.