Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia Sync with PC - Windows Phone 7 Dri...

Kodiak_Jack

Nokia Lumia Sync with PC - Windows Phone 7 Driver problem

I had problems with my Nokia N8 syncing to my PC but eventually I was able to add and remove files by accessing the phone in Data Storage mode.

I am now having problems with my new Nokia Lumia trying to get my PC to recognise my phone.  I have downloaded Zune etc, but it doesn't detect that my Nokia Lumia is connected.

I have tried various website for advice and gone through all of the suggested options here:

http://ambassadors.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/xbox-live/troubleshoot/wp-device-detection-wizard.aspx

no joy.

I tried the Microsoft Fix It tool and no joy.

UItimately it appears to come down to Windows Phone 7 Drivers not being installed.  When I connect the phone all the drivers install but this always fails even with the Fix It tool above which should do it automatically.

Anyone know of any know issues?  Or if there is somewhere I can perhaps download the dirvers manually?  I can't even select where to select the drivers from in device manager as it always goes on line.

This is really frustrating as I've always had Sync problems (with old computer too) with Nokia's and now I've got a new phone which I can't listen to any music on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia Lumia Sync with PC - Windows Phone 7 Driver problem

Hi,

What is the error message?

I had a problem on Feb 29 trying to connect the phone with Zune.  Later, I found out that it is a leap year bug.  On the next day, I tried again but still could not connect.  Then I reinstalled Zune and it works.

If your PC does not have Zune installed, when you plug your phone into the USB port (I read somewhere that USB hub won't work), it should prompt you to install Zune by taking you to the site.

PS. I feel you.  Because Lumia is a closed system, there is no way to transfer music unless we hack the system.

Cheers.

Visit http://www.WilfridWong.com - where all good things are meant to be shared!
Please use plain text.
Kodiak_Jack

[ Edited ]

Driver Software Installation

"The driver software was not succesfully installed"

Windows Phone 7 - Failed
Winnows Phone USB - Ready to Use

---

I've uninstalled Zune, just now. The first time I put my phone in the driver actually install and both say "Ready to Use". It is only when I install Zune (the only platform where I can upload music to my phone) and then reconnect my phone that the error occurs.

Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate you trying to help but no joy again!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cbhattarai

Do you see the same problem when you connect your phone on another computer?

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

You could try a soft reset of your phone, I had problems connecting to windows consumer preview recently but after reseting the phone, the drivers installed right away.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
engineernabil

pls where i can get the drivers for connecting the nokia lumia 610 to my windows 7 laptop?????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@engineernabil

If Zune is not recognising your Lumia 610 have you looked at Paragraphs 6 & 7 here?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2410180#option7

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
AUTUMNALIS

ME ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..MY PHONE CAN'T CONNECT WITH MY PC WINDOWS 7...CAN'T EVEN INSTALLED IT.HOW??

Please use plain text.