Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia and gMail account problems

Contributor
_Ari

Nokia Lumia and gMail account problems

[ Edited ]

Hi all :smileyhappy:

I have a Lumia 800 and I come from an iPhone.

I've noticed, after a week of use, that the gMail sync is not "a real push".

I've done a lot of test, and the results are not good.

With the iPhone the mail is noticed immediately, with the Lumia 800 could pass a lot of time.. sometimes 15 minutes!!!

I've also tried to set the account as an Exchange type, the results are the same!!

The sync settings are correct: "as item arrives".

Any suggestion?

For Nokia and Microsoft: please try hard to solve this issue!!

I'm really disappointed, besyde the battery problem now the gMail sync problem! :smileysad:

LA
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Nokia Lumia and gMail account problems

Hi _Ari,

Sorry you are not experiencing a delay in push notifications on your device. 

Have you tried deleting the Gmail account and syncing it back again onto your Lumia? As items should arrive as normal. 

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Kastelic

[ Edited ]

My Lumia has the same problem. Sometimes emails show up instantly sometimes the delay is around 15 mins.

I tried Your proposition for a solution and it did not help. Its annoying, specially I came from BlackBerry. 
Any other suggestions haZey (or anyone)?
Edit: Tested also "push" of Exchange server/Outlook mail. There's significant delay, around 10 mins, whilst Google mail "push" is around 20 mins late.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_Ari

Dear haZey, as Kastelic I've done all the tests:

1. cancelled the gMail account and then sync the new created account;

2. tried with the Exchange account specified manually the "m.google.com" server;

The problem is not fixed anyway.

I'm coming from iPhone, very fast in the sync account, and from BlacKBerry.. the best for this type of service.

This problem is for me absolutely unacceptable: I work out of the office everyday and I need an efficient sync-tool.

Sometimes the delay is about 15 minutes and for me is like not having the sync service, I miss business!

I hope in the next update, Nokia/Microsoft, will fix this problem otherwise I'll sell the Lumia 800.

What a comedown Nokia.. :smileysad:

LA
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lomax_hjs

Do you use a wifi or a data connection?
and when you use wifi, is data off?

in standbye the L800 diconnect from wifi i think and with no data connection it could take longer.

if on the charger, it doesnt disconnect from wifi i inderstand.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_Ari

Hi lomax_hjs,

the problem is also there when I use wifi connection and data connection.

I usually sett the phone at home with wifi and data connection on.

When I'm out the settings are: wifi off and data on.

I can't accept solutions like this: the phone has to sync immediately in every setting situations.

BlackBerry and iPhone didn't need some "trick" to be syncked!

Other people with push notifications problem? I know there are...

Thanks!!

LA
Please use plain text.
Contributor
_Ari

Same problem for me! Now I'm coming back with BB9700. So, I have a stone made by Nokia, a 500€ beautiful useless stone!!
LA
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RobbyL89

I'm having the exact same problem!!

Its driving me crazy, I'm coming from a blackberry bold 9700 and this device is useless compared to that. My "push" emails are arriving anywhere beteen 5 and 15mins late. I rely on push email and this device has let me down.

going to switch this for a blackberry bold 9900.

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

going to switch this for a blackberry bold 9900.

read reviews on BB bold 9900 before commiting. Its riddled with problems. Even with BB push service its normal to have a delay on recieving emails. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
_Ari

I'm NOW switching for a Blackberry 9780. The phone is good, but with this kind of problem I can't go on. 500€ that are = a black stone on the table!
LA
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

Not sure what people are taking about. 

GMAIL works amazing on the Lumia. Very Very impressive. Emails arrive faster than my Windows 7 PC, 

Yahoo also works great.

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Jon Q at technoBuffalo described a workarround for Gmail in a video which hesays works great using an outlook account, wotrth a try ?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/software/applications/whats-the-apps-windows-phone-apps/

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

hmmm... i'm pretty sure that push issues are caused by the server and not the device :-S

do you guy's all have it set to download as it arrives?

the delays are 15 and 30 minutes

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.