Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumina 800 Change Font Size ?

Contributor
whateh

And i mean for the current Phones not for newer models.

Please use plain text.
troph

Being in my 50s I also  find the small text on the message thread screen too small.

I have however discovered the voice read messages is accompanied by another screen which displays the read text in a much more readable size. This display is also used to confirm dictated replies.

The only issue appears to be that I am unable to find out how to access this display once the message has been read out

Please use plain text.
rcbutcher1954

[ Edited ]

Just got a Nokia Lumina to try out Windows Phone. Really disappointed at what I've read so far about not being able to enlarge text size. I have bad eyesight and am used to doing that on all PC OSs and Android phones, and I took for granted this phone offered such an elementary feature. It's no use to me just enlarging the whole page, that enlarges everythjing including images. What I want and am used to is just enlarging the font size so I still get the text column neatly fitting on the screen but fewer but larger words per line. And I want to set this once permanently for all apps and pages, not mess about with my fingers all the time. Kids' stuff. Android/Samsung does this perfectly.

If Nokia Windows phones don't offer such a basic feature I am feeling I wish I hadn't bought their product. Is the problem with Nokia or Windows ?

Please use plain text.
gharty

[ Edited ]

The arrogance of kevgallacher's statement is astounding and insulting.

THE FONT SIZES ON NOKIA/WINDOWS PHONE IS TINY,

It is simply unbelievable that the font size can't be adjusted!!!! Maybe they forgot to include a magnifying glass with these phones.

Moderators notes: Baseless, off topic and condescending remarks to other users removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mcstout

You can download an app called large contacts which is very good for writing text messages

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

At least font size adjuster is coming for WP 8 now.

Looking great.

Improved settings for font size

I am pleased.

Would be nice if it came to WP 7.8 devices also, such as Lumia 900, 800, 710, 610 when it is time for upgrading them.

Well done Nokia.

:smileyvery-happy:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Magpye

I too have just bought the Lumia 800 and have found the font size is way too small. I think that Microsoft should wake up to the fact that most other phone manufacturers allow you to customise the phone, including the font size. Come on Microsoft and Nokia, do something about it. Apple,HTC and Samsung are way ahead of the game!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antman1

hi i to wear glasses but the font size on the 800 is far to small with no way of changing the size,perhaps nokia should take note this is why they do not sell many.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swansong86

[ Edited ]

kevgallacher, congrats! Possibly the most unhelpful support response i've read for a long time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jbraum

Just my opinion here,  I find more that the texting keyboard letters are smaller than most phone I have used and we have 6 of them in my household most are different though I believe we have two of the Apply I4 phones.  Personally I do have some issues with texting because the keyboard letters are smaller I would love to be able to increase the font size would make my use of the phone much more enjoyable.  My eyesight though not perfect 20/20 is slighty less and I can manage for the most part the rest of the phone capabilities without issue however like I said I belive I would definiately enjoy my phone more if I could text easier and faster and that would require a larger letter size on the keyboard.  NOTE if you turn your phone in your hand sideways as opposed to straight the letters on the keyboard to become slightly larger or just a little more space between the letters for typing a little faster and is a little easier on the sight issue.  Just my opinion though

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glesgyman

There is a problem with message text size as is evident by the many users that are are asking for a fix . Rattling on that you have no problem with the text is not helpful . if the text size was made adjustable then all user could have what they want.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FreddyFreeman

Re: Nokia Lumina 800 Change Font Size

In my opinion this is indeed a design flaw.  Messaging text is too small and only takes up about two thirds of the screen.  Looks very nice in the speech bubble but why not use the whole width of the screen?  Contacts font is too large.  Why? Its illogical.  One is too small and the other is too big.  And I want my phone to look as I want it to look not how someone else thinks it should look.  Very annoying.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FreddyFreeman

How condescending. I suggest you check your spelling. Truely.
Please use plain text.
SeanAchim

n Re: Nokia Lumina 800 Change Font Size ?

This question was posted in March 2012.  I have been waiting to see if any decent response would be forthcoming.

To clarify - the choice of font colour and the font size within the People Hub in particular as well as in the Messaging app are not user customisable.  The font is small and is difficult to read.

No pinch to zoom facility is provided for these apps.  The only alternative that is available is to enter EDIT mode of a contact, edit the details that you are looking for, take not of the details and back out.

The 7.8 update will hopefully fix this, but no statement has been made to this effect by any Nokia representatives since this question was posted now almost a year later.

Can a response be forthcoming from someone that is serious about service please?

Please use plain text.
maddie4743

well said ive just got de nokia 800 and i also find the fonts too small we should b given a choice and when we need it like we all will someday it sud b there
Please use plain text.
Ilovemyprobe

[ Edited ]

Don't understand the moaning. 

Got the wife a lumia 800 for xmas, O2 guru swapped her onto the phone this afternoon. Stupid tiny text messages can be found in a bubble. Booked guru again for tomorrow to swap back onto cheap old mob where texts are readable. 

Will stick new Nokia lumina 800 on eBay tonight. Job done and a simple fix Found. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaynea100

Some of the previous comments have made me feel guilty for not having good enough eye sight to see the telephone numbers on my phone. I have always had Nokia phones and loved them but I am just so ,unhappy with my new Lumia 800 because the font size makes it difficult to use. I do not have to wear gasses for anything else. I'm afraid that unless Nokia address this issue I, and people like me will tell everyone they know not to waste their money on Nokia ......
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CaptainHellYeah

I also got a Lumia 800 and its brilliant BUT what I find annoying about the font size is within the contacts.  Where you select a name from contacts which then opens up, you have the name but the actually number itself is so tiny you can barely see this.  Many times i've struggled to view the actual number listed when trying to give it out to someone and there is nothing wrong with my eyesight.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CaptainHellYeah

Not a very helpful response there. Go to contacts and try reading the phone number, so tiny you struggle to read the number itself. No doubt you will come back with a cocky answer...
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

I have just spent all seting Nokia 800 up for a frien  But I to have tried to make the text larger  she is having to return the Phone as it usless with text so small:cursing:

All this is because Noika can do nothing as Microsoft contrlol; the shots

Come on Nokia !!!

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.