Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Music Reinstall

strads

Nokia Music Reinstall

Hi,

I'm in Australia and have just purchased a Lumia 800 from Vodafone locally. The device came with Nokia Music installed, I then had an alert saying an update is available. The update wouldn't install stating "This application is not available for your device"

I then uninstalled Nokia music thinking that would do the trick and let me update properly.

Unfortunately not, now I can't reinstall Nokia music and I don't want to do wipe my phone and start again.

Can someone help? I know Nokia music is available in Australia, so I'm a bit lost??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia Music Reinstall

[ Edited ]

Hey Strads, Welcome to the Nokia Forum!

Have you tried to reinstall it, If you go to Marketplace > applications and find the Nokia Music application you will be able to re-download it onto your device for free.

If you are not able to install it through marketplace OTA then you will be able to install it via Zune software on your PC is you connect via USB.

I hope this helps.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

When you go into Marketplace, do you have a section called "Nokia Collection"?

You should be able to get it in there. If not then check for updates through Zune.

You could try downloaded the app through Zune on your computer.

Please use plain text.
strads

Hi,

I've tried all those but no luck. It does show in the Nokia Collection but it won't let me install it. The error says its not available for this device, even though its a Lumia 800 bought locally that came with the Nokia Music app.

Please help as this was one of the main reasons I got this phone, without it Id consider returning it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

Nokia music is all right but if you use Zune and Last.fm you pretty much get the same experience.

Just try returning the phone to factory settings, it sounds like something is wrong.
Please use plain text.
strads

Doesn't a hard reset require a complete reconfig of everything??

Last.fm isn't available in Oz so no go there, plus buying from Nokia music is cheaper than Zune.

All very annoying really.

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

I never had Mix Radio on my device for whatever reason (even Nokia fails to comment on this).

I once changed my account to a different country which resulted in an update for Nokia Music, but still no Mix Radio.  While now back using an account for my own country, I'm still on the 1.4.41.739 version with still no Mix Radio.

I do have Nokia Collection in my Marketplace, but no Nokia Music application (neither via Zune on PC).

Please use plain text.