Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Suite and Lumia

Counsellor
Yess2000

Nokia Suite and Lumia

Well - Nokia - i would really like to know if you could make Nokia Suite and Lumia Phones talk together? Please! I really miss a lot of the features from Nokia Suite, and do not like Zune at all!!

Why is this impossible to do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Suite and Lumia

Whilst Windows Mobile OS and Symbian are incompatible you can at least Cloud sync, and Zune's days may well be numbered once Windows Mobile 8 is adopted.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Yess2000

Yes, but what I miss is the text manage feature, which cannot be replaced by Zune :smileysad:
Hmm, what will cone instead of Zune?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
android

@Yess2000

Most likely there is, that might be under the sleeves of MS, the same when they announced the release of the "Surface". :smileywink:

Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted!

If you find it helpfull, it's not hard to click the STAR..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roshanzune

What I miss most is the ability to send and receives SMS's from the computer when the phone is tethered to the computer via the USB data cable.
Please use plain text.
Mikusan

Also the map functions are a big miss. Just selecting multiple country's for download and uploading them to your nokia. Now it's, select one on the phone.. wait for the long download.. go back.. select one again.. etc.. :\

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Koala82

Hi all,

It's ridiculous that Nokia haven't foreseen to interface its suite programme with Lumia series, well i think this is the worst ad campain....i've purchased a Lumia 620 just cos in the upgrade info of the Nokia suite was written that the new version should have supported the Lumia series...

I'm really upset....(nokia historical customer)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patientclient

I did go along with Nokia for a long time with PC suite and Symbian. But, Lumia is really useless without PC suite functions

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

So, I´m sorry but I just got a Lumia 520... Is`t it possible to use the Nokia Suite?? I`ve been trying and trying to connect the phone to my computer without success...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

No. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Lumia phones are entirely incompatible with Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

[ Edited ]

What a disappointment.  How are you transfering data between pc and phone?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

Since I'm using a Windows XP PC, I'm just using Windows Explorer and dragging and dropping files as if the phone was a USB memory stick.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

[ Edited ]

The problem is , even like that, I can+t transfer any data, I open the phone´s folder and it doesn´t accept anything I try to drag there.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

Is the phone's keypad locked when you try to do that? I think the phone needs to be unlocked before you can move files around.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

I know... Unlocking does´t solve the problem grr. I see I´ll have to go to a Nokia store

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

OK, well, just before you do that, the first thing they will probably ask you to try is a soft reset: hold the volume down and the power buttons for about 12 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts.  You won't lose any data but will probably have to reset the date and time.

It would be worth giving that a try first.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

Thank you for your help, anyway.

I have another question, why do I have the SHARE option (mms , bluetooth, etc) in my photos but NOT in my Videos ? Is that normal?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

I don't think that's normal, though I have little experience with videos.  It may make a difference which folder they're in.  Videos shot on my phone and located in my Camera Roll have the option to share.

Did you try a soft reset yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asha3111876

I did, No improvement : /
The videos I can`t share are in my SD Card
Please use plain text.