Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Transit Issues in NYC

Registered Member
Hashimashi
Accepted Solution

Nokia Transit Issues in NYC

I am trying to use Nokia Transit in the US on the Lumia 900.  No matter what i input as my destination, the app tells me "There is no Complete Route Available". I've tried everything from a block away to several miles to 50 miles.  I get the same error message.  I know NYC is one of the covered cities for the App.  Anyone else getting this issue in NYC or other cities?

Please use plain text.
AShrivastava

I have absolutely the same issue. On the 1 in 100 times it works, it is great. I noticed that when it works there is a pause as it looks something up. In 99 times however, it does not pause but immediately tells me stupid "no complete route. " and then I am like, well show me at least an incomplete one then..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience you have received from the Nokia Transit issue. 

I will raise this issue for you and when I get an answer, you will see it on this thread. But for the time being, have you tried a reset on the phone to see if it was a install problem with Nokia Transit?

Also, it may be worth to reinstall Nokia Transit by removing then visiting the Microsoft Marketplace. Start Marketplace in your phone and browse in Nokia collection or search for Nokia Transport (Nokia Transit in US).

Thank you for your post and lets hope we get can get this solved for you.

Kind Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
AShrivastava

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still had no problem. Oddly in Nokia Maps, I do get a transit route sometimes... but hoping to use Nokia Transit more so as I like its comparison of options when it works.
Please use plain text.
AShrivastava

I see now in windows marketplace other feedback of the same sort. and I also now realize that it is an issue that if a route has to go through midtown manhattan (like through Grand Central area), it fails.. if a route goes outside that area, it appears to work fine.

Also can it be integrated into Nokia Maps? Or even Bing Maps? Why all these standalone apps that should be in one place on a Lumia?
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

The error message "There is no Complete Route Available" may be shown e.g. in the following situations:

• There's no internet connection available
  • The starting point is too far away from the end point (e.g. a route between two cities)

Check that your internet connection is working properly and that the starting point is not by mistake pointing to some remote place.

If the issue persists, it would be good to know the starting and end point where the problem occurs. Does the same error message occur if selecting a specific start address instead of selecting My location?

Please use plain text.
AShrivastava

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I put in a specific address as "Here" and a specific address as destination and got the same problem.

The issue appears to take place anytime I have a route that crosses middtown (Grand Central for example).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peteronlumia

Is there any ETA on if/when this issue will be resolved?  It appears that the problem is widespread (affects all users who are in NYC) and without out, there is now no option for transit routing on the Nokia Lumia - that's a serious short-coming.

Please use plain text.
AwwwYea

I had the same problems with Nokia Transit.  Then, I found this app called Mango Transit.  It works great in NYC and has all the features of Nokia Transit and more.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/34083d75-dca6-4631-99be-4f9a3813dd73

Please use plain text.
AShrivastava

Mango Transit is pretty good. The thing which is odd to me is that it seems like a Bing search and result.. Why is this functionality not built into Bing maps on the phone?

On directions in Bing, I get walking and driving directions all the time, and sometimes transit directions.

Odd.

But I agree Mango is pretty good.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

There's some changes going to be done on the backend side which will hopefully help with the route problems in NYC. Please try again if there's been problems in finding the transit routes in NYC. The changes are implemented in the backend servers, no changes in the Nokia Transit client are needed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peteronlumia

Hi PJ98,

Yep - I just tried again and it now seems to work. Thanks for letting us know about the correction.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HermanFunster

I just purchased a Nokia Lumina 810 on Tmobile. Nokia Transit does not work. I input to/from destinations and it searches and searches but never ends. i uninstalled/installed the app but no difference. I am in NYC.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jkeleher

Same issue on Lumia 900 in Chicago......any ideas how to resolve?
Please use plain text.