Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 820

Contributor
KingJohn

Nokia Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 820

Can someone explain this, just got a 820, it didnt come with a wifi charger, so now looking to buy one soon.

The manual says it supports it, yet im now reading I need to buy a "Shell"

When i removed the existing shell to put in the sim and microsd, i noticed there were some connections there, are these antinnas?

does the shell clip over the existing case?

Phone is black, so if i buy a wifi charger will it come with a shell?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia Wireless Charging Shell for Lumia 820

No the charging shells are a separate peripheral.
Some operators where giving free charging plates .
There is connections on the back case for purposes such as wifi charging.
if you buy the charge plate you dont get a cover with it.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@KingJohn

Don't know in which region you are but UK Lumia 820 came with charging shell and is the backing you remove to install SIM/Battery. If you purchase a DT-100 wireless charging plate that is all you get in the box!

There has been confusion where 820 comes with charging shell but 822 Verizon model does not:http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia820/  see quote "With a Wireless charging shell included with your Nokia Lumia 820 you’ll never need to plug in again"

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KingJohn

So :smileyhappy:- how do I know if I already have a charging shell

I bought it from a 02 shop in UK, having took back and got a refund for a locked to EE from phone4xxxx

There were connections in the backing plate, but think all were antenna's

I dont see the point in the WIFI charger being sold if you cant use it without buying yet another device.

Just orderd a yellow skin from HK too :smileyhappy:-

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

cs

does it look like this? 

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KingJohn

[ Edited ]

Thank you, it prompted me to open it :smileyhappy:- and yes it is a charging shell, it says so in the text at bottom.

I had not seen the inside of this phone before, 02 fitted the sim card.. my memory of seeing one was the first one I bought from phones4xxx and remember its antennas but no contacts.. must be old age..

So Im glad to say that I do have a charging shell

Now Im wondering if they are any good :smileyhappy:-

When I got the first phone it was dead, so used a USB charger in the car, after 15 min there was not enough charge to start the phone up. I needed to test it before I went home.

In the end had to go home, used the power charger, and could use the phone within seconds.

So while a USB charger via car/PC will top up a phone after a long time, the power adaptor and lead is much quicker. Current very low on USB devices

So.. the question is, are these wifi chargers as good as the power supply, or as bad as the USB method?

Thanks

P>S Want a yellow one, the ones on ebay are clip on, dont think they replace existing cover, thenk they go over the top?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Wifi charging is good,ive a charging plate.
I would only buy from genuine dealers you now know what it looks like so its some comfort..
All 820 shells are clip on.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KingJohn

I see there are many makes of QI chargers, and there are others better than Nokia's I guess these Qi chargers have been around for some time.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your welcome

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.