Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia and Windows apps error code c101a006

Advisor
Alnbeck

Nokia and Windows apps error code c101a006

Just got a Lumia 920 and it is fantastic! But when you get a new phone you need those apps. I got a couple of apps downloaded and then bang! Error code c101a006 - please try again or try later. It's been 24 hours now and have tried rebooting, clearing caches and cookies but no joy!

I contacted Microsoft support and all they would do is pass me off to Nokia. They even supplied the Nokia Australia support phone number!

Anyone out there got any ideas or solutions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia and Windows apps error code c101a006

No such issues with installation from the Store on my 920 here in Australia.

Have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates) to see if that does anything? If that doesn't work, then try performing a hard reset (go into Settings > About > Reset your phone), ONLY after performing a backup of all your personal data first onto your PC or into the cloud such as SkyDrive etc.

Failing that, you will need to return to your point of purchase, and if they are being less than helpful, visit your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

Thanks for the suggestion but do you think it is a phone problem that would warrant returning it? Every other facet of the phone works beautifully. I forgot to mention that I am getting regular updates of the apps that are already on the phone. I have tried downloading apps immediately after the updates but still get the same error code.  I will try the hard reset after a backup and will post if that helps.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

I get the same error randomly and usually resolves after a few hours which suggests that there is some issue with the server or connection to the server. Try again later and see how it goes. 

p.s. Speak of the devil, getting the same error now myself. 

p.p.s. 5 minutes later and it is working again. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

Your post gave me some hope but no luck! Oh well hard reset time!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Are you trying to download over wifi ir 3G? I find it much better over wifi if possible. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

I've tried over wifi, 3g and connected to the pc - no luck anywhere!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Microsoft have been experiencing issues with Marketplace and I bet their servers are busy with all the new WP phones being sold at the moment. Not sure how Microsoft arrange their servers but trying at different times of the day may make a difference. I presume your phoen is set to Country: Australia and language: English. Try changing your country to UK or Ireland and see if it makes any difference. Can change it back after.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

Thanks but no luck, I tried setting my location to Ireland (always wanted to visit) but immediately came up with the same error

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Pity that. I suppose now is a good time to try a reset since the phone is still new and you won't have much on it. Let us know how you get on with it. Now that you have set your phone ti Ireland, you have to make it a point to visit. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

Thanks for the idea anyway! The one about visiting Ireland is the cracker!

It's bedtime over here, so hard reset tomorrow.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Try again first thing in the morning before the reset. You never know.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hope it all works out for you buddy :smileyhappy:. Can I ask if you are using the Telstra branded handset?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
the_nuts

got the same error.

it is happening 24h24

today is the 7th day I can't downloading anything

hard reset doesn't work

noone knows how to do and microsoft isn't answering:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/marketplace-error-c101a006-when-trying-to...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

@the_nuts

Microsoft are having so many issues with Marketplace at the moment, so I'm not surprised they are not answering. 

What sort of error are you getting when you try to download?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

Hi Adtrian, yes it is a telstra branded 920 purchased from JB HiFi. Telstra didn't have any stock and I managed to get the only one in stock at a nearby JB store
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Ah cool cool. Glad to hear that Telstra didn't load it up with their bloatware either....you only have Telstra One, Garmin Navigator and the FOXTEL Guide installed on there don't you? Sometimes problems occur if theres bloatware or the carrier's fiddled around with it too much....

Can I ask though what colour did you get it in? Telstra only seem to have had white on display, so I was wondering if yellow ones were being sold anywhere or not haha
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

I have tried downloading again all day today - no joy, same error! I did the soft reset tonight and no joy again. Strange that I can update the apps that I already have no problem, I will try to log in to a zune account and see if that resolves the problem before I go the hard reset road! Stay tuned

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Have you tried changing your region mate in the Language + Region settings? I have done that and its worked for me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alnbeck

I managed to get a black one - sealed the deal as that was the one I was after. I would have preferred to buy off telstra to add another level of support. BTW I'm using it with an Amaysim account at the moment. If telstra can give me the same deal I'll switch in minute!
Please use plain text.