Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia lumia 620 battery dies quickly

Registered Member
Umangchaudhry

Nokia lumia 620 battery dies quickly

[ Edited ]
I recently bought a new Lumia 620. I'm facing problems with the battery life. I hardly get any calls during the day and I don't even use it to access the Internet. I have to charge it every night because the battery drains by the evening. I also make sure the battery doesn't get overcharged and take it off charging as soon as its fully charged. But the battery still dies by the evening.

Please help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia lumia 620 battery dies quickly

Do you use your phone for email and social media such as twitter and facebook? If you do, check your settings and change the sync period to as long as possible or preferably to manual. 

The display is another big drain on the battery. Having the display on more often if checking for email or playing games will also drain the battery. 

Please use plain text.
johankor

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have also switched off WLAN and prevented all background tasks but still the battery won't last more than 1 day. My phone is warm all the time if I touch it behind the camera lence. I can't put it inside my Golla bag because the whole phone will be quite warm after that. Is this normal?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Switching of Wlan won't neccessarily have the effect you want as the phoe can still use mobile data. I suggest going through all your email account and social apps and change the sync settings to either manual or as long an interval as possible. I have wlan and mobile data on all the time on my phone and the battery still lasts 2-3 days. All syncs are set to manual. I sync only when I check. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manohar2885

i got lumia 620 its excellent with fantastic windows :w00t:s ,but the battery is poor ,even 520 is getting a better battery than 620 ,why cant u release a new battery with atleast 1500mah in the market ,all the 620 userrs definetly buy it , think of it nokia

Please use plain text.