Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia lumia 820 Phone Storage Problem

Contributor
asterkam

Nokia lumia 820 Phone Storage Problem

I facing a problem with my lumia 820. It shows me a message that I don't have enigh space and I should erase some files. I searched in my memory space and there is an "other" space that is 3,58GB!!! I have a memory card in my phone and I had selected my files to be storaged in my card (music, videos etc.) 

Due to this problem I can't make updates! This is unexpetable! I serched in internet for this issue and I read that Microsoft is working on this issue. 

I hope you answer in this post!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

If you are on .1308 firmware you should have the storage check in settings. You can use this to remove temporary files from the phone. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Also, you can install the Lumia storage check app from Nokia Beta labs which has a nice feature that allows the storage of map data onto an SD card to free up a bit more phone memory.

You can just log in to Beta labs using the same log in details you used for this site.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/Storage-Check/download_and_installation

Please use plain text.
tammyin

i am also facing the exact same problem as asterkam 😞
Please use plain text.
Contributor
asterkam

Thanks for you messages!!

I had already used some apps to erase the temporary files but these files were only 34MB. The map on my phone also is 150MB. These files are too little comparing the 3,58 GB that "the other" storage space in phone memory.

To make a software update in my phone needs a 374MB free space, and now due to this problem I have a 32MB free space. I have to erase my apps to solve this.... Which is not a "nice" thing to do.... I am very disappointing!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asterkam

If you find a solution, please inform me.... Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

asterkam wrote:
If you find a solution, please inform me.... Thanks!!

Have you tried the Shrink Storage app to see if you can free up some space on your phone?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/shrink-storage/44672108-f3f8-47df-bd19-3fe94e6c744a

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asterkam

Yes, I have... That's how I erased the 34mb of temporary files...

Thanks again for your time.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Have you already tried the Lumia storage check app? That was the first recommendation above.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
asterkam

I used it now!! And it worked, but yet I am not complete satisfied. Because the "other" from 3,58GB now is 1,90GB. Well is an improvement, but still 1,90GB is toooo much!

Thanks again!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Some of those occupying the space in "other" is used by the phone and by other applications. It is not something that you can clear completely.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
just4kicks

I also a storage problem, and i used the lumia storage app and it shows 7.3 gig Total, 7.2gig used, of which it is broken down to :

Apps: 1,9gb;
Media n files: 3.5 Gb;
System: 1,8Gb
Free Space 136mb

I store all my photos n music n videos on my sd card and I deleted all the in-app downloads from tube pro n uc browser yet it still tells me my media n files folder is so high. I've deleted more apps and I have half the apps I had a month ago yet the free space just doesn't improve!!

Please HELP!!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asterkam

Have you already tried the Lumia storage check app?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
just4kicks

Yes i have. Max I've managed to free up is 900mb but media and files is still showing 3.1Gb and I've moved my Skydrive photos to a different folder and I've deleted quite a few photos stored in my Saved Photos folder. I also found lots of duplicate photos in this folder. Seems the phone keeps duplicating these photos for no reason
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ialvess

The link for storage check os http 403 forbidden... 😞
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

ialvess wrote:
The link for storage check os http 403 forbidden... 😞

You need to log in to the Beta labs site with the same log in details you used to log in to this support site. You should then be able to access that page.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arcram

This phone storage check app was really useful. Using that i was able to figure out that my call recording app and the recordings alone occupied 2GB. Got rid of it !!! 

Now back to updating :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.