Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia lumia 920 is heating up rapidly!!!!!

Advisor
jashangoraya

Nokia lumia 920 is heating up rapidly!!!!!

As i got my nokia lumia 920 outside of india.  so it is out of warranty for me :smileysad: and i am having a heating issue with it . my nokia lumia 920 heat up rapidly (ITS NOT WARM ITS HOT!!!) when i use skype, play a game like real football 2013 , asphalt 5, asphalt 7 heat ,whatsapp.. i am also having nokia lumia 820 and it is having no heat up problems... i dont understand what to do and i dont want to spend money on my phone as it is out of warranty however i got it just 2 weeks ago.. So any help regarding this issue???

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You might like to read this:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpstart/nokia-lumia-920-overheat-and-battery-i...

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jashangoraya

the only solution i found was... " I believe you forgot one factor that I've seen happen through the years ... a new device break in period. With almost every mobile device I've owned in the last 14 years or so, almost every one of them was slightly unstable or unpredictable for anywhere from 2-5 days after I first used it. Then, it would appear to level out on it's own. Whether it was heat or battery issues, they always seemed to need a break in period. "

but i dont think any change from very first day.. its heating up from first day...

regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

When the processor is used at a high rate there is heat generated and the battery warms if there is a high drain rate. This is what is going on.

Have you turned off apps running in the background that you don't use?

When you are through with an app do you back out of it?

Have you done a soft reset of the phone? Press and hold the volume down key and power key at the same time for about 10 seconds. The phone switches off. To switch your phone back on, press and hold the power key.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jashangoraya

soft reset will erase my data or not?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Not.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jashangoraya

its 2 days now after a soft reset and problem seems to be getting solved slowly. now my phone doesnt get HOT just only WARM and battery also lasts longer after full day hard use
i have uninstalled facebook and skype app also

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ankura2709

I recently purchased lumia 920 i updated all apps from 3g and started using facebook after some time its gets heats up and also screen gets blurred. Any idea about this problem?????????

Please use plain text.